Recent content by 6speed

1. 6

I did it again!

It will be in this thread :) Oh I am. Things are always looking up for me in every facet of life. There are just simple precautions that I have to take to ensure my safety, and while I doubt she is hanging out this particular forum ... shrug. You never know.
  2. 6

I did it again!

I'm going to avoid saying publicly. This has been a very rough divorce.
  3. 6

I did it again!

About to pass 100,000 miles, and the MSM is going into storage soon. At some point in early spring, it will be headed to the west coast with me. The engine hasn't blown up yet, a fact that I continually find surprising. But I'm definitely going to be rotary swapping it. One of these...
  4. 6

I did it again!

Retuned. Not much peak gain, but if the lower comparison line is the first pull of the day at minimum boost, and you can see the torque climb angle. The tuner added quite a bit to the front end of the torque band, more rapid spool. He compared it to my highest run on the stock turbo (202whp...
  5. 6

I did it again!

:) Well, i want a full track car. I can either use one I've got (the MSM) or I can try to recoupe a little bit of money from it and buy something else to use. If I turn the MSM into a full track car, I'd build it to be competitive in the NASA TTB class, which in part means I'd need to have the...
  6. 6

I did it again!

Running the numbers and thinking hard about what all is involved... but I'm headed more and more toward turning the MSM into a full track car AND swapping in a ~250-300whp 13B from an RX-7. Non-turbo, I'd have to have it built and ported for high compression N/A power. It would actually be a...
  7. 6

I did it again!

RR ABS sensor failure, got the replacement sensor yesterday. Scheduled full tuning for Friday the 22nd at my normal tuner's. I've got another tune with Ken Hill scheduled for August 1st, to get the firmware/hydra stuff figured out, and get a dynojet number comparison. If I go full track car...
  8. 6

NEMOC Random BS Thread

Yeah, pretty much. Except it failed inspection due to front pads too low. Interim owner burned them down at the track. No biggie. I wanted different pads on anyway. New rotors and pads (carbotech XP12s) on the way.
  9. 6

NEMOC Random BS Thread

My video from Bertil Roos. Clip starts middle of lap 13 just before someone else spins in front of me, and 14 was my fastest lap. https://youtu.be/dEFpC6m40N8?t=999 I got back home to PA Sunday with my 8. I've missed it so so much. Good trip across the country. 10 hours a day 3 days in a row...
  10. 6

NEMOC Random BS Thread

It won't hold up to lawsuits. In the book world... The trademark example would a brand publishing the book The copyright would prevent someone else from making copies The intellectual property would prevent someone else from selling or claiming credit for the contents of the book There is no...
  11. 6

NEMOC Random BS Thread

Copy and paste from a FB update I made yesterday. Spent the morning driving an F2000 car on Pocono North course. $525 for 40 minutes. Totally worth it. So that was totally awesome. Bertil Roos, only a 1/2 day school, but totally worth the time and money. I had mostly signed up for it to...
  12. 6

NEMOC Random BS Thread

North Dakota. Driving the 8 out to Seattle 2 years ago I had to pick between ND and SD for the transit, and decided I wanted SD more so I could see the Black Hills and Mt Rushmore. Kentucky and Arkansas are the two that will be added when I make a big loop seeing friends and family. No one in...
  13. 6

NEMOC Random BS Thread

Turns out I'm flying thanks to timing and prices. I'll have to do the train trip some other time. But the purchase is locked in. He already put down a deposit on a replacement RX-8, a 2010 R3. Flying out on the 23rd. Leaving Seattle the morning of the 24th: Seattle WA -> Portland OR -> Columbia...
  14. 6

NEMOC Random BS Thread

Confirmation will be tomorrow, but it's been agreed on. I'm buying my RX-8 back from the guy I sold it to 2 years ago. He has only put 5,000 miles on it, and refurbished a lot of stuff that was just old and worn, so I'm getting it back in better condition than I sold it for. I'll be taking...
  15. 6

I did it again!

Finally back on summer tires. Not much news. It's racked up a hell of a lot of miles over the winter. Took this video today for the FB MSM group as I got a lot of questions over the winter in relation to the 3.63 gears and FM2 difference. Figured I'd share it here too. https://youtu.be/qGPjqoXA7T0
Back