Recent content by 2.0_Mazda

1. 2

CX-70 will have same exterior dimensions as CX-90

I just came back from a CX-90 drive event near Montreal and mentioned my interest for the CX-70. The Mazda rep told me it'll be revealed in Q4 this year, I believe he said November. As for the dimensions, I'd be surprised if it was the same length as the CX-90. Same or similar wheelbase I...
  2. 2

Third month impressions on my 2019 Mazda3

Yes standard GT Mazda 3. It handles highway corners and off ramps very well at high speed.
  3. 2

Issues I didn't expect from the new 2019 Mazda3

The cylinder deactivation is also annoying me. Programming is too aggressive and opts for 2-cylinder mode as often as possible. Transition isn't the smoothest and the vibrations are annoying. I do get very good fuel economy on average. If the annoyance doesn't get worse, I can live with it. I...
  4. 2

Third month impressions on my 2019 Mazda3

I find this torsion beam setup is very stable, even too neutral while cornering. There is no way what you're saying is normal. I've taken corners at and above 70mph and its very stable.
  5. 2

2019 Safety Feature Problem?

I pulled up too close and too quickly to the car in front. I had started breaking and would have made it on time but the system didn't like how the gap was being closed quickly. I've never had that issue with mine, just during the test drive.
  6. 2

2019 Safety Feature Problem?

You can set the sensitivity in the infotainment system. I've set it to react as late as possible and have had no issues in the few weeks I've owned the car. I was able to easily engage the emergency braking system during my test drive. If it still reacts, I'd go see the dealer. Maybe it needs...
  7. 2

2019 CX-5 Diesel

I didn't try the turbo CX-5 but the turbo 6. Compared to the turbo 6, it feels slower with more lag. Compared to the regular CX-5 non-turbo, there's a lot more torque. Power feels like 80% of the turbo version. I'm sure there are other people who have more experience with the different models.
  8. 2

2019 CX-5 Diesel

Test drove the diesel on Wednesday, its far from a turd. Overpriced, yes, but no turd. I'm surprised by how much people complain about an additional engine option. Mazda isn't forcing you to buy the diesel. I don't think it will sell particularly well because its fuel economy numbers and power...
  9. 2

Machine Gray paint durability

This thread is of interest to me. Picking up my brand new 2019 3 tomorrow in machine grey. Having protex protection film applied on the entire hood and roof of the car as well as a portion of the bumper and headlights. Seems like its a mixed opinion on the paint quality. I'm expecting typical...
  10. 2

What new Mazda is coming?

Hopefully this new CUV can give Mazda money to invest into sportier cars. I'm hoping for a Kia Stinger competitor (RWD platform). I'm also a little cheesed about the overload of CUVs in the market but companies are just answering to what consumers want.
  11. 2

Mazda3 Rust recall

I'd be extremely surprised if they recalled 10 year old cars for rust
  12. 2

2018 Mazda3 Touring Making Sounds that don't sound right.

If the sound goes away after 30 seconds or so, its completely normal. A valve opens in the exhaust to accelerate the warm up to reduce emissions.
  13. 2

Need advice please !! fissured rear strut mount, long trip ahead.

Replace it! Extremely easy to replace it yourself., and cheap. If you go slowly and are not sure, you can have it done in 30 minutes.
  14. 2

2008 Mazda3 Sport GT - How to Prevent the dreaded rust

Hi there! First of all, congrats on your purchase. Redoing the body on the Mazda is not worth it in my opinion. You'll pay $6,000 to redo an economy car that will have other repairs and issues over the years. I also believe there's imperfections in the sheet metal causing it to rust...
  15. 2

2017's starting to arrive in the Toronto area?

Saw my first truckload in Montreal today. I'm sure they'll be in your town soon.
Back