Infotainment ver. 74.00.230A

That’s what I’m staying. I went from 70.00.367a to 74.00.230a without issue. I have a 2019 sig (US). Since this firmware is for NA, you should be fine.
Are your speakers all in working order? Not sure if coincidence or not but my left pillar speaker is out. Do u know if I am able to downgrade firmwares?

I do believe you can downgrade, just install an older version as you would a new one. I have no speaker issues. I can’t imagine the FW caused your speaker issue.

Can you confirm your fade/balance/treble/bass settings are all in order? Have you changed any of the sound settings recently?

I do believe you can downgrade, just install an older version as you would a new one. I have no speaker issues. I can’t imagine the FW caused your speaker issue.

Can you confirm your fade/balance/treble/bass settings are all in order? Have you changed any of the sound settings recently?
Yeah the settings for balance are all set to the center. I’ve moved the balance to left speakers and noticed only the lower speaker on the door had sound.

I only ask because I noticed the absent of sound on the left pillar only a day or 2 after this update. I’ll try downgrading.

Yeah the settings for balance are all set to the center. I’ve moved the balance to left speakers and noticed only the lower speaker on the door had sound.

I only ask because I noticed the absent of sound on the left pillar only a day or 2 after this update. I’ll try downgrading.

You may want to try a reset of the f/w as you can do this in the infotainment system. It will reset any settings, BT...spkr bal, stored stations, etc, but could clear up your issue.

You may want to try a reset of the f/w as you can do this in the infotainment system. It will reset any settings, BT...spkr bal, stored stations, etc, but could clear up your issue.
Is this the one where I hold down back, nav, and mute button?

Drove around today to see what was improved. Definitely faster to boot, CarPlay kicked on pretty quick. I still think Sirius XM is slow to start, but, noticeably faster from 70.00.367a.

Also updated my wife’s CX-9 (2018) from 70.00.100A and she notices it’s faster.

Glad I did it. Would not hesitate to recommend doing it.

Restored to factory settings and now my speakers all work. But now my CarPlay wireless adapter is not recognized by the car. SMH. Lesson learned. Don’t update nothings broken.

Restored to factory settings and now my speakers all work. But now my CarPlay wireless adapter is not recognized by the car. SMH. Lesson learned. Don’t update nothings broken.
Glad to hear your speakers are working again. What is the setup to connect your CarPlay wireless adapter? May need to re-add it as when you restored to factory settings it probably got removed. I know my BT connect for my cell phone gets removed.

Which adapter? For the life of me, I can’t find it at the moment but I know there is a thread on another forum specifically discussing 3rd party wireless CP adapters with this new firmware.

It’s likely that you need to update the firmware on your adapter.

From what I had read, you can get OEM functionality (or really close to it).

I’ll keep looking for you.

Glad to hear your speakers are working again. What is the setup to connect your CarPlay wireless adapter? May need to re-add it as when you restored to factory settings it probably got removed. I know my BT connect for my cell phone gets removed.
Well upon connecting to the CarPlay USB port, there’s a splash page that will show that shows my phone is connecting. After reset it doesn’t show up anymore which means the new firmware is incompatible with it.

Which adapter? For the life of me, I can’t find it at the moment but I know there is a thread on another forum specifically discussing 3rd party wireless CP adapters with this new firmware.

It’s likely that you need to update the firmware on your adapter.

From what I had read, you can get OEM functionality (or really close to it).

I’ll keep looking for you.
It’s similar to the carlink or c2play adapters but it was a no name brand I found on Amazon. It was working fantastically on the previous infotainment firmware and the March 2021 firmware for the adapter itself.

Please excuse my ignorance, but I drive a 2021 CX-5 Signature, in Illinois, USA, and I have no idea what Infotainment Version I am currently using. I've looked through my various 'Connect' sub-menus, but for the life of me, I haven't a clue as to how to see what my car runs.

More fundamentally, is there any reason for me to think that I need to update my infortainment system? It seems to work just fine.

Thank you...Frank

More fundamentally, is there any reason for me to think that I need to update my infotainment system? It seems to work just fine.
Mazda doesn't add new features with new versions, so there's probably no reason to upgrade if you aren't having any problems. Upgrading comes with its own risks and may introduce a new issue you didn't have before. As the saying goes "If ain't broke, don't fix it."

Well upon connecting to the CarPlay USB port, there’s a splash page that will show that shows my phone is connecting. After reset it doesn’t show up anymore which means the new firmware is incompatible with it.

It’s similar to the carlink or c2play adapters but it was a no name brand I found on Amazon. It was working fantastically on the previous infotainment firmware and the March 2021 firmware for the adapter itself.
For your BT issue with your phone remove the car from your phone and the phone from the infotainment system - reboot them both - or better shut them off, then turn them back on and reconnect the two.

Maybe it was remove when the F/W update was completed. Either way follow the steps above.

Mazda doesn't add new features with new versions, so there's probably no reason to upgrade if you aren't having any problems. Upgrading comes with its own risks and may introduce a new issue you didn't have before. As the saying goes "If ain't broke, don't fix it."
Thank-you sir, for your concise, sage advice. It makes perfect sense, and I will follow it without question. Leave well enough alone......................

Frank

For your BT issue with your phone remove the car from your phone and the phone from the infotainment system - reboot them both - or better shut them off, then turn them back on and reconnect the two.

Maybe it was remove when the F/W update was completed. Either way follow the steps above.
i had factory reset the infotainment system twice. The issue here is that the car doesn’t recognize the wireless CarPlay adapter anymore.

No name but its exactly the same as the car2play device.

Can you connect it to a laptop? Once connected it should load a driver for it and then you can look at the Device Manager (Windows anyway) for details on the adapter. Even it if doesn't find a driver it often comes back with details on the adapter.

And just to be clear, not as I'm not trying to be a PITA, you tried the steps I recommended? I see you reset the system twice.

So, to answer my own question above, I did the update today.

Like others, 25-30 minutes total time, and everything went smooth.

Car upgraded to 74.00.230 no problems.

2019 Signature, in Canada for others who might have any questions.

I'm probably going to do my buddies 2020 GT too.

Back