3 neighbors now: Cat Converter Stolen! Seeing article in NYT

They're probably worth more now. I'd look into selling them.

I also have one in my garage. I replaced this with a high flow cat on my 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP years ago. I no longer have that car but the cat is still here.

There is a scrap metal plant near me that buys scrap metal, is that where people sell them? A scrap metal place? I might go bring it in Monday to see what they give me.

DPF Cat is even more expensive, thanfully we don’t have that many diesels.
Japanese cars, it seems, also have more paladium or whatever material they get out of it. So pay is higher and probably that’s why Toyota and Honda Suvs are a big target. Friend got his Honda's one stolen recently.

Crazy times we live in. Everybody wants to profit while it lasts, even the scrap yards. Hopefully it will end in an year or two.

Last edited:
DPS filter Cat is even more expensive, thanfully we don’t have that many diesels.
Japanese cars, it seems, also have more paladium or whatever material they get out of it. So pay is higher and probably that’s why Toyota and Honda Suvs are a big target. Friend got his Honda's one stolen recently.

Crazy times we live in. Everybody wants to profit while it lasts, even the scrap yards. Hopefully it will end in an year or two.
Did you mean to say DPF instead of DPS?

Back