What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Another nice day. Gave her a much-needed bath, followed by a complete interior cleaning and treatment of the leather and vinyl. Also swapped back to the stock muffler as it is quieter for the trip my wife is taking.

It has been done before, but I ordered these off Amazon for $25.00

and you can see why the WeatherTech mats are not superior for foot rest coverage.
01B6935C-7DDC-4355-B008-838D45B9C17F.jpeg

Last edited:
What sort of drilling do they require?
The so called https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned) require no drilling.

• The accelerator pedal has a thick rubber sleeve/lip that fits over existing pedal. Very secure.
  • The brake pedal requires you remove the rubber OEM pedal cover, and replace it with the metal cover which has a thick lip, just like the rubber OEM cover. It was difficult to put on, the usual issue of three sides easy to get on, the fourth is a b*****.
  • The dead pedal is hokey, and has three strips of 3M like double sided tape. That needs some kind of drilling and screwing, but works well enough. The dead pedal is very rectangular, and not trapezoidal like the carpeted dead pedal area on the car. With the tape and the WeatherTech mat on top of the pedal, I have very little worry it is going to move. If there were no WeatherTech, I would wait until the weather is warmer and use a couple of stainless steel screws, even though the pedals are not Stainless as far as I can tell.
What do you want for $25.00? These were cheaper on Amazon than eBay! I am very happy with them. I will update if I have troubles.

To be fair, I did this because someone else showed similar pedals, and I liked them a whole lot better than the Mazda OEM pedal prices.

I added pedals in our 2014 CX5 and burned out a drill bit trying to go through the brake pedal in one spot, so it had one less screw in it, but no issues up until the time we sold the car.

The stereo install has begun. Running speaker wire into the doors is by far the most difficult part of the process.

Head; Kenwood DDX8905S
DSP: Helix P-DSP
Amps: Linear Power modded 952, 1502IQ, and modded 5002
Components: Linear Power LP6.5ca set
Sub: either a pair of 12" Rockford HE2's, or a single Sundown SD10.v3. I haven't decided yet.IMG_20210301_083523230.jpg

The stereo install has begun. Running speaker wire into the doors is by far the most difficult part of the process.

Head; Kenwood DDX8905S
DSP: Helix P-DSP
Amps: Linear Power modded 952, 1502IQ, and modded 5002
Components: Linear Power LP6.5ca set
Sub: either a pair of 12" Rockford HE2's, or a single Sundown SD10.v3. I haven't decided yet.View attachment 296015
Any reason why you don’t use existing factory speaker wires? Do you have Bose 9-speaker、6-speaker、or 4-speaker factory stereo unit?

Any reason why you don’t use existing factory speaker wires? Do you have Bose 9-speaker、6-speaker、or 4-speaker factory stereo unit?
2013 Sport with the standard non-Blows radio

Factory speaker wires are 20 gauge and that won't hold much power at all. If you are running an amp to your door speakers, you really need heavier wire, so I ran 14 gauge.

2013 Sport with the standard non-Blows radio

Factory speaker wires are 20 gauge and that won't hold much power at all. If you are running an amp to your door speakers, you really need heavier wire, so I ran 14 gauge.
Yes, I agree. Did you actually make new and thicker speaker wire going through inside of flexible rubber tubing with other door wires for better protection?

Yes, I agree. Did you actually make new and thicker speaker wire going through inside of flexible rubber tubing with other door wires for better protection?
Yup, sure did. It's a pain in the donkey, but that's the correct way to do it.

Last edited:
Ordered complete set of Husky liners. Received front and back mats, but the cargo mat was not delivered. Follow up phone call made on Friday, and my missing cargo mat should be today or tomorrow.

Initially, I was not aware of the missing cargo mat, until I reviewed my original order.

New battery tie down to go with my new battery. I was amazed that it only cost about 6 bucks. Dropped one of the tie down J bolt nuts that wedged in between the battery tray and strut tower. Had to get a little creative to devise a magnet to fish it out. I slapped a thin magnet onto the back of an inspection mirror and managed to pull the nut out. Crisis averted!

Question is, how do I prevent the new tie down from getting corroded like that again?

Also installed a new rear wiper blade refill. Old one was super trashed.

7FFEF380-6805-4B91-9AAE-95B5D73D23B6.jpeg

51C0BE84-E0BD-438A-AD08-B1DF79E6D283.jpeg

New battery tie down to go with my new battery. I was amazed that it only cost about 6 bucks. Dropped one of the tie down J bolt nuts that wedged in between the battery tray and strut tower. Had to get a little creative to devise a magnet to fish it out. I slapped a thin magnet onto the back of an inspection mirror and managed to pull the nut out. Crisis averted!

Question is, how do I prevent the new tie down from getting corroded like that again?

Also installed a new rear wiper blade refill. Old one was super trashed.
I cleaned my original on a wire wheel and painted it with black Rust-oleum. If you wanted to go all hardcore with the anti-rust measures, you could powder coat it.

I cleaned my original on a wire wheel and painted it with black Rust-oleum. If you wanted to go all hardcore with the anti-rust measures, you could powder coat it.
If it had been a $40-$50 part, I probably would have done that. But for $6 it wasn't worth my time to bother doing anything to the old part. That's less than the cost of a can of good spray paint.

If it had been a $40-$50 part, I probably would have done that. But for $6 it wasn't worth my time to bother doing anything to the old part. That's less than the cost of a can of good spray paint.
Eh. Took 3 minutes, and I already had the can of paint in my garage.

Installed High Flying hood struts ($29 on Amazon). Went to the car wash and made the CX-5 nice and perty again.

Canadian spec all weather Mazda floor mats, as many have suggested. They’re great— probably wouldn’t have known they even existed if not for this forum.

I thought they were kinda slick at first with my shoes sliding around, but I guess that was just initially. Highly recommend. I just wish I had ordered mine sooner before all the snow this year.

Canadian spec all weather Mazda floor mats, as many have suggested. They’re great— probably wouldn’t have known they even existed if not for this forum.

I thought they were kinda slick at first with my shoes sliding around, but I guess that was just initially. Highly recommend. I just wish I had ordered mine sooner before all the snow this year.
where did you source them? Are you in the US?

*edit* nevermind I see they're not molded with upturned sides. Doesn't seem like they would be all that useful.

Back