Off Topic Everready factory

:
2019 CX5 Reserve AWD
The old Eveready battery factory in Cleveland. It's been repurposed and new homes put up (expensive AF) and there's a new brewery that just opened. Pretty cool area.
650a92285134258355b9883aed436c43.jpg
Was that facility taken over by Union Carbide but still produced batteries before succumbing to globalization?

Was that facility taken over by Union Carbide but still produced batteries before succumbing to
globalization?
It was originally an Everready factory.

It was originally an Everready factory.

I understand that. What I'm asking was it taken over by Union Carbide sometime in the 60's or 70's before it eventually became apts/condos/whatever.

I understand that. What I'm asking was it taken over by Union Carbide sometime in the 60's or 70's before it eventually became apts/condos/whatever.
To my knowledge it was always Everyready and rebranded in 1980 to Energizer. I don't know much about Union Carbide. Only that they did have a presence here on the "Chemical Shore" as we once proudly called this area. LOL How times have changed.

To my knowledge it was always Everyready and rebranded in 1980 to Energizer. I don't know much about Union Carbide. Only that they did have a presence here on the "Chemical Shore" as we once proudly called this area. LOL How times have changed.
Thanks, I guess all those old buildings look alike. I took a tour through the Union Carbide facility back in the late 70's (a good friend of mine was an engineer there). I remember looking out a wndow and seeing lake Erie. I guess that was the Chemical Shore.

Thanks, I guess all those old buildings look alike. I took a tour through the Union Carbide facility back in the late 70's (a good friend of mine was an engineer there). I remember looking out a wndow and seeing lake Erie. I guess that was the Chemical Shore.
"Chemical Shore" was what they called the NE Ohio shoreline from Cleveland to Ashtabula. and then our river caught on fire. :(

"Chemical Shore" was what they called the NE Ohio shoreline from Cleveland to Ashtabula. and then our river caught on fire. :(
Yep I lived there in the 50s on Herman ave past Master Chrome still there. Now in Cape Coral Fl big difference.

Cleveland today is a lot different then Cleveland in the 50's too, brother. It's a pretty great place to live today. Let me know if you ever get back this way. I'll show you around. :cool:

Back