What have you done to your CX-5 today?

Slid obliquely into a curb. Not hard (only visible damage are a few unsightly scrapes on both passenger side aluminum wheels) ... but apparently hard enough to fire off the passenger side side-curtain airbag (blowing up the headliner in the process).

Wow. That must of been a scary moment. Good that nothing else happened.

I need some help with the airbag lamp. I have removed my driver seat to look at a creek and also I have removed the steering wheel airbag, to take care of my paddle switches.
I did all this without battery connected. At the end I stil have a blinking airbag light.
What can I do about this? I have tried removing the battery, but that is not enough.

Wow. That must of been a scary moment. Good that nothing else happened.

I need some help with the airbag lamp. I have removed my driver seat to look at a creek and also I have removed the steering wheel airbag, to take care of my paddle switches.
I did all this without battery connected. At the end I stil have a blinking airbag light.
What can I do about this? I have tried removing the battery, but that is not enough.
Fuse? Recheck the plugs?
Maybe try reset like this? https://itstillruns.com/reset-mazda-srs-light-5503295.html

Today, got new tires mounted and installed, also added wheel locks. Continental Cross Contact LX 25's all around.

1612838664361.png

1612838682029.png

Was this the Tire Rack ASAP service?

Tire Rack + a local mobile installer. The ASAP service isn't in my area yet.

I used Al's Mobile Tires out of Miami for the install. Ordered the tires late Thursday, they were delivered Saturday to the installer, and installed Monday. 0 complaints, and the installer was excellent. Prompt, polite, and professional. The truck they came in is set up for mounting, balancing, and nitro fills.

Last edited:
We drove our CX5 back 7 hours yesterday from Gatlinburg TN to the Memphis area. Upper 30's and rainy conditions in Gatlinburg, then below freezing most of the way back, tons of freezing fog, and occasional sleet and snow. We got back just as the snow started falling at home, got the car into the garage, and now we watch out the window as 6+ inches of snow piles up on the ground. Most snow we've had since 1988.

Amazingly, for the entire trip to Gatlinburg and back again, there were no traffic jams on highways at any point. Also didn't really slip anywhere. I think having brand new tires helped. We stayed in a cabin up 500+ feet above the main elevations of Gatlinburg, with some super steep roads, and our FWD CX5 didn't miss a beat.

⋯ Also didn't really slip anywhere. I think having brand new tires helped. We stayed in a cabin up 500+ feet above the main elevations of Gatlinburg, with some super steep roads, and our FWD CX5 didn't miss a beat.
What kind of tires do you have?

Like some others, drove the 2016.5 awd cx5, with blizzak DMv2 tires, 2 people & about 200 lbs of gear 400 miles in the snow/ice storm Monday night. It's a SNOW BEAST :p . Light traffic on rural Ohio roads and the cx5 was very stable and confidence inspiring. Very challenging weather for the car systems (lights, wipers, washers, defroster) to deal with and everything worked well enough to keep moving. Very capable car.

Drove around town running errands yesterday. Some roads still had some slush, or even hard packed snow near my house. The Altimax RT43's did great. Even though they're not a winter tire, I'm guessing the fact that they're brand new helped. I know that if I still had our old tires worn down to the wear bars, I'm sure the car would have been sliding around much worse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Much larger demand now than back then, maybe?

Drove around town running errands yesterday. Some roads still had some slush, or even hard packed snow near my house. The Altimax RT43's did great. Even though they're not a winter tire, I'm guessing the fact that they're brand new helped. I know that if I still had our old tires worn down to the wear bars, I'm sure the car would have been sliding around much worse.
Glad they worked. I did not find the Altimax tires good at all in some snow we get last year right before getting my winters put on. Slid all over the place.

And by last year I guess I really mean 2019, oops. So not this current winter but the previous one.

Temperature finally rose so I could work without having a wrench freeze to my hand. Changed the oil/filter, rotated the tires and checked all the brake caliper sliding pins. Been having some pulsation in the pedal, rotors looked good so that was my next possibility. Didn't find any frozen but they were stiff to varying degrees. Cleaned them all up and relubed with some high temp synthetic grease. Test drive shows them back to normal.

Back