What have you done to your P5 today?

I bought https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned) from Amazon. I even bought the wrong LED's at first!
20210120_180708.jpg

Are those specifically the ones you bought? I've bought a few different LEDs of the same design (LEDs on top and sides) and they all seem inconsistently bright, so my cluster looks a bit spotty. Would totally buy those if your experience has been good with them.

Yes those are the exact led's I bought. It's not as apparent in the picture, but there are some dim spots on 'H' and 'E' on the left side and around '4' and '5' in the tach. It's not too bad at all.

20210128_145931.jpg

Tried out my Ebay ITR like shifter. It looks weird because you usually see the sift boot much lower on Honda's. I'll revisit once I put in my short shifter and new boot.

Mine's a salt belt car, that's just the exterior. I'm pretty sure my car is more rust than metal underneath :LOL:
Connecticut here. Been driving the car for 11 years now, and I am terrible when it comes to washing it over the winter (or in general). I dont even have pinch welds anymore

0ZvVRZXl.jpg

JQek5lnl.jpg

Did oil change and finally installed my short shifter, what a nice big improvement in shifting.
View attachment 294717View attachment 294718
Very nicely done. That looks like a Ralco shifter, no? Do you like how it feels, is it too notchy or stiff at all? Does it rattle or make any vibrations at cruising speeds? Just curious since I am still not completely satisfied with my SS/bushing setup and I'm considering other options (again).

Thanks!

Very nicely done. That looks like a Ralco shifter, no? Do you like how it feels, is it too notchy or stiff at all? Does it rattle or make any vibrations at cruising speeds? Just curious since I am still not completely satisfied with my SS/bushing setup and I'm considering other options (again).

Thanks!
Completely irrelevant, but I'd put a short throw shifter in my car but I don't want it to get any more notchy than it is already. I just want it to stop feeling like I'm shifting a truck, with the long throws between gears and all.

Thanks!
It does a feel bit more notchy, just as expected with all the Honda's I have driven in the past. But back to neutral is just so crisp. Going reverse took took a time to learn as it is so short.

It was hitting the heat shield at first because the Ralco stick out further than stock. So I just had to bend the heat shield a little bit.

Completely irrelevant, but I'd put a short throw shifter in my car but I don't want it to get any more notchy than it is already. I just want it to stop feeling like I'm shifting a truck, with the long throws between gears and all.
It sounds like you have solid bushings installed? Maybe going back to rubber or even polyurethane if someone makes them would soften it up. Or maybe a combination of both. Mine sort of feels like that too, so I totally feel you on that. It's hard to reduce slop while also minimizing the level of notch.

It does a feel bit more notchy, just as expected with all the Honda's I have driven in the past. But back to neutral is just so crisp. Going reverse took took a time to learn as it is so short.

It was hitting the heat shield at first because the Ralco stick out further than stock. So I just had to bend the heat shield a little bit.
I wish the Protege's shifter felt as good as a Honda, but having daily driven a manual Civic, it's not even on the same level. Reverse is usually a pain, I usually need to clutch in/out to get it to go into gear. I also had to modify my heat shielding, even for my Megan Racing shifter (knockoff brand).

Did oil change and finally installed my short shifter, what a nice big improvement in shifting.
Short shifter was the first thing I did to my p5 back 11 years ago! Made such a difference. Then about 6 years ago I had a shifter extension made up at work to bring the knob up higher. Now it’s perfect.

Latest posts

Back