2016 CX-5 Sport Oil Light not on

Last edited:
127863500_10164336169715507_5488154424762878508_o.jpg
Oil Light doesnt matter anymore fellas...A deer hit me, Thanksgiving Night

Doh! (Doe? ;)) That must've been a well fed woods-rat. Doesn't look like the air bags popped so may be not too bad of a fix.

127863500_10164336169715507_5488154424762878508_o.jpg
Oil Light doesnt matter anymore fellas...A deer hit me, Thanksgiving Night
Wow sorry to see that! Looks like the CX-5 is fixable like HyFlyer said.

A deer suddenly crossed the highway on I-35 south of Des Moines, Iowa and I hit her with my 1974 Chevy Impala many years ago. I kept driving all the way down to Dallas, Texas with smashed right front end and cracked windshield.

Yeah, the airbag didnt deploy but aside from the obvious body damage, the radiator was busted, the passenger side door wouldnt open all the way and before I turn the car off the engine was doing a weird revving thing. Like it wanted to drive on its own...

Yeah, the airbag didnt deploy but aside from the obvious body damage, the radiator was busted, the passenger side door wouldnt open all the way and before I turn the car off the engine was doing a weird revving thing. Like it wanted to drive on its own...
The worst is your CX-5 is totaled and you get insurance money for another CX-5. And hopefully the insurance premium won’t go up after this incident.

So they are fixing it.

$5079...$1k is my deductible
Can you take to a Mazda dealer to fix the damage? Just saying so that you can get higher estimate for fixing it and the amount could reach the level to total the car. To me, this's worse than if the car got totaled.

Not now...since they are already doing their thing. The closest Mazda Dealer was over an hour away, and I dont think they even had associated Body Shops.

Not now...since they are already doing their thing. The closest Mazda Dealer was over an hour away, and I dont think they even had associated Body Shops.
Yeah majority of the Mazda dealers won't have body shop. But they all have contracted body shop which is supposed to be a better one and uses only OEM body parts. And you want the repair estimate as high as possible to get possible high quality repairs.

I think they are giving me a non-oem hood and some other stuff. I think this place does pretty good work. But, we shall see...

I think they are giving me a non-oem hood and some other stuff. I think this place does pretty good work. But, we shall see...
Is this something you can argue with your insurance to use only OEM body parts?

I thought that body shops used OEM parts if the car was 5 years old or newer. Are you sure they are using a non OEM hood? It is important to have the crumple zones that Mazda built in to it.

They said that the Insurance opts to use aftermarket when the it is cost effective and it comes with a lifetime warranty etc etc. Seems like I'm getting a mix of new oem, aftermarket and reuse of existing parts

This is the hood they are using

Attachments

• Est1.jpg
    Est1.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 120
  • est2.jpg
    est2.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 126
Interesting that both high note and low note horns are shown. I pretty sure GEN 1 only came with one as there were posts on here about how to add a second horn. GEN 2 had both?

They said that the Insurance opts to use aftermarket when the it is cost effective and it comes with a lifetime warranty etc etc. Seems like I'm getting a mix of new oem, aftermarket and reuse of existing parts

This is the hood they are using
It depends on the insurance company. Some are better giving you OEM parts. This’s something we sometimes don’t know until we actually encountered the situation. Usually the insurance would at least pay for OEM body panels if the vehicle is newer.

Interesting that both high note and low note horns are shown. I pretty sure GEN 1 only came with one as there were posts on here about how to add a second horn. GEN 2 had both?
I believe the posts adding the second horn is for lower trims of gen-1 CX-5. My 2016 CX-5 GT has dual horns.

Back