New Signature owner

bronzeglide

2021 CX-5 Signature
I surprised my Wife with a '21 Signature on Wednesday. Her previous car was a '16.5 GT Gave it a wash, clay bar, paint sealant, and wax today.

This car is hands down better than the 16! The navigation (the whole infotainment) is actually useable, drives better, rides nicer, nicer interior, and of course more power.

Attachments

• 20201128_164635.jpg
    20201128_164635.jpg
    390 KB · Views: 170
  • 20201128_164619.jpg
    20201128_164619.jpg
    418.5 KB · Views: 170
  • 20201124_123030.jpg
    20201124_123030.jpg
    468.9 KB · Views: 174
I'm not sure why you would do anything to the paint if is brand new. The latter looks just like mine, blue and with roof rails.

I figured clay bar wouldnt hurt since who know where it was sitting around since leaving the factory. It was also rough in spots using the plastic bag test. Paint sealant adds protection (uv and such) and it doesn't come waxed. Old car was black🙂

I'm not sure why you would do anything to the paint if is brand new. The latter looks just like mine, blue and with roof rails.
Lots of people do that. I apply a good sealear and t hen have them wrapped. I don't clay, etc. because it's not a collector's item. I've never, nor will I likely ever, clay a car.

Nice ride.

I'd say waxing/sealing is one of the first things you should do when you get a new car. As mentioned, there's little chance there's any wax on a new vehicle. Get it protected as soon as possible to slow down the deterioration of the clear coat.

I like claying every couple years because it's satisfying to feel the difference and it also makes wax easier to apply and buff off.

First time I clayed the doors on my wife's CX9, I couldn't believe how much crap was stuck to the paint. It was black, so you couldn't see much, but you could feel it. At that point it had north of 50k miles. I think there was more stuff on one door than there was on my whole Speed6.

I clayed my Golf R before paint correction. That didn't have much embedded stuff in the paint, but it did pull some stuff off. That car only had about 20k miles on it.

Back