Putting Steelies on my 5

:
'13 Mazda 5 Sport
So with winter looming I need to get some steel wheels with decent snow tires on them. Not a big deal, pretty normal seasonal maintenance.

But this got me thinking. What would steelies look like year round? Especially if I was to get a bigger diameter rim and powder coat them. Just something that got me thinking.

What do y’all think???

So with winter looming I need to get some steel wheels with decent snow tires on them. Not a big deal, pretty normal seasonal maintenance.

But this got me thinking. What would steelies look like year round? Especially if I was to get a bigger diameter rim and powder coat them. Just something that got me thinking.

What do y’all think???

I've been running two sets of steelies on our 5 (both are 16").I have a set for the non-winter months with some Mazda pickup center caps (see pic below) and an older set of steelies for winter which I just refinished with some black rocker guard to see if that'll help protect them from salt and what not.

Current setup:
IMG_7193.jpg

love the idea of powder coating steelies — I've been wanting to run silver steelies with some chunkier tires. Here's an illustration I did of what my 5 would look like if I had deep pockets. Yep, that's a full-size spare mounted to the tailgate:
I
mazda5-01.jpg

I've been running two sets of steelies on our 5 (both are 16").I have a set for the non-winter months with some Mazda pickup center caps (see pic below) and an older set of steelies for winter which I just refinished with some black rocker guard to see if that'll help protect them from salt and what not.

Current setup:
View attachment 227663

love the idea of powder coating steelies — I've been wanting to run silver steelies with some chunkier tires. Here's an illustration I did of what my 5 would look like if I had deep pockets. Yep, that's a full-size spare mounted to the tailgate:
IView attachment 227665

Im digging the roof racks and the off road lights. I do like the ideas of steelies on my daily. But I would want them with a bit of an off-set to them. I would likely powder coat them gold.

Back