What did you pay for your CX-5?

My apologies to everyone in the last 2 months, to whom I said. "just call the dealer and tell him this is what you'll pay" Apparently I'm out of touch with the times and dealers are much less willing to play ball.

Good luck to all

My apologies to everyone in the last 2 months, to whom I said. "just call the dealer and tell him this is what you'll pay" Apparently I'm out of touch with the times and dealers are much less willing to play ball.

Good luck to all

C-19 is throwing a wrench into the works, I think.

Good luck to all
As discussed several times recently, supply, demand, manufacturer incentives and deals can vary widely from market to market and from low volume dealers to the high volume ones with larger holdbacks.

Another more recent factor may be that the changes from 2020 to 2021 are minor, chiefly a 3" bigger screen. If 2020 supplies are dwindling after Labor Day incentives moved vehicles off the lot and 2021's are slow to come in, dealers would be less inclined to clear inventory on the cheap.

I think in going to wait until late nov/dec to really push dealers to sell for me cheeper than sticker price. Some dealers have over 50+ tourings in stock!

They gonna want those all put by dec

salesman like having a list of customers that they can keep in their files for future potential sale. Maybe you can call all of them near you now, and let them know that you'll be looking later in the year when prices come down. Who knows, you might be surprised and get a call when they are hard up for a sale one month.

I think in going to wait until late nov/dec to really push dealers to sell for me cheeper than sticker price. Some dealers have over 50+ tourings in stock!

They gonna want those all put by dec
Maybe. Sales are slow as Christmas shopping ramps up. Manufacturer incentives often kick back in around that time though there is no guarantee.

If you're keeping it for 5 to 10 years, yes. If the only thing noticeably different is the infotainment system. Especially because so many people are using Apple or Android auto

If you're keeping it for 5 to 10 years, yes. If the only thing noticeably different is the infotainment system. Especially because so many people are using Apple or Android auto

Honestly,

Having a 3 inch bigger screen in any car makes a huge difference.

I got a 2020 forester last year along with my brother. I paid extra for the 8 inch screen instead of the stock 6 inch screen. Not only is my screen bigger. Its so much more premium looking and 100x better quality. I dont know if all companies do this, but normally when they have a bigger screen option they use a WAY better display panel. It makes my car looks so much more premium than his honestly. His screen looks like crap.

It also makes my backup camera look more premium.

C'mon! The larger infotainment screen is worth $2,000? Uh... just... NO.

If it were, we'd be looking at a $2K increase in MSRP (just because they could), not merely comparing a nominal increase on 2021's to some (supposed) deeper discount on the outgoing model.

C'mon! The larger infotainment screen is worth $2,000? Uh... just... NO.

If it were, we'd be looking at a $2K increase in MSRP (just because they could), not merely comparing a nominal increase on 2021's to some (supposed) deeper discount on the outgoing model.

Oh sorry I did not see it's ONLY the bigger screen!

My Subaru 2k extra cost was for a bigger screen along with a better speaker system!

Yeah if it's only the bigger screen, not worth!

Here's my thing about saving $2,000. Saving $2,000 on a $4,000 item, yields the exact same extra $2,000 in your pocket as does saving $2,000 on a $30,000 item. No, you don't have to explain to me about percentage. It's still $2,000 in your pocket. That being said, I'll admit to spending more money because I like new and shiny things. However, as far as value, everything else being equal it'll yield the same additional $2,000 on resale.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi,

First time buying a Mazda looking for feedback on my 2020 CX-5 GT with GT Premium package offer:

MSRP: $35325
Selling Price: $33,200
Rebate: $1500
Net Price: $31700
Government Fee: $857
Total taxes: $2230
Total: 34787

I am in NJ if that matters. Should I pull the trigger?

Hi,

First time buying a Mazda looking for feedback on my 2020 CX-5 GT with GT Premium package offer:

MSRP: $35325
Selling Price: $33,200
Rebate: $1500
Net Price: $31700
Government Fee: $857
Total taxes: $2230
Total: 34787

I am in NJ if that matters. Should I pull the trigger?

At this point In time, you should be getting 15% off msrp ( the true monroney sticker) on that vehicle plus TTL. No idea why you have a govt fee that high. Doesn't seem right. Where is the dealer fee? What color and other options on it? Any BS dealer added crap?

At this point In time, you should be getting 15% off msrp ( the true monroney sticker) on that vehicle plus TTL. No idea why you have a govt fee that high. Doesn't seem right. Where is the dealer fee? What color and other options on it? Any BS dealer added crap?

He is in the tri state area. Legit NO dealers are moving down on prices. its insane.

He is in the tri state area. Legit NO dealers are moving down on prices. its insane.

If that is the ridiculous case then he should be going out further to Georgia, Maryland, Virginia, Pensylvania, CT, Delaware etc. Plenty deals to be had. To save thousands you need to put the effort in and fly and drive ie drive there with a buddy to pick up.

Back