May Be Considering a Mazda6, Advice Welcome

If this is not the correct place for this post, please let me know.

I have a 2015 Ford Fusion that has had some major problems, including engine replacement at 14k miles. I was very surprised that FMC is willing to buy it back! The car drove well, quiet, good handling, good highway car but a bit under-powered with stock 2.5L

Which leads me to look for a reliable replacement that is "fun to drive." Accord? Camry? Legacy? 6? Not necessarily brand new, but no more than say 30k miles on it.

Most of you are probably big fans of the 6. I want to know about "the known issues" and how was Mazda about taking care of those issues.

Thanks!

Hard to go wrong with any of those cars you listed, really. That said, I do prefer the look and interior of the 6 much more over any of the others. If I had to choose one besides the 6, I think I'd probably pick the Accord. Camry exterior is nicer, but I'm not a fan of the interior at all.

As far as common issues, the only one I'm aware of is the possibility of wheel paint flaking off prematurely, but I believe this issue may be covered under a TSB through the dealer.

EDIT: Just came across this thread, which also happens to list several other individual threads from a different forum. It might be worth a read.

Last edited:
@Columbo Our Mazda6 Forum is Mazda6 specific and has a full range of sub-forums. Not only that but our search system is quite powerful so you should find some useful info right here on Mazdas247.

Here's a link to our Mazda6 specific forum and sub-forums...Enjoy!

As a 2017 Mazda 6 owner for almost three years, I can say that it is a very nice car to drive. The interior is probably the best in its category. The Camry interior is just awful.

The NA 2.5L engine has plenty of power, but in 2018, it had the turbo available. Mine is the GT with tech and premium package. I went for the top of the line. Lovely car.

The main drawback, and one that has me ticked off, is the poor paint quality. If I ever buy another new Mazda, I'd get it clear wrapped on the same day I take possession. The only mechanical problem so far is the driver seat warmer quit working. It was fixed under warranty. Also, my rear discs are already showing signs of needing replacement, so that concerns me as well, given how few miles I have on the car.

The Mazda 6 has a higher depreciation rate than the other major players, so you should be able to find a used one at a good price. The down side is that it is not a volume seller, so there may be a limited number of vehicles available on the used market.

Good luck.

If this is not the correct place for this post, please let me know.

I have a 2015 Ford Fusion that has had some major problems, including engine replacement at 14k miles. I was very surprised that FMC is willing to buy it back! The car drove well, quiet, good handling, good highway car but a bit under-powered with stock 2.5L

Which leads me to look for a reliable replacement that is "fun to drive." Accord? Camry? Legacy? 6? Not necessarily brand new, but no more than say 30k miles on it.

Most of you are probably big fans of the 6. I want to know about "the known issues" and how was Mazda about taking care of those issues.

Thanks!

I had similar questions when I bought my first Mazda back in 2014, a shiny new 2015 Mazda6. I drove it for 116K miles with nothing more than just basic scheduled service. Never had a car as reliable as my 6.

Last year I replaced the 6 with a CX-5, and it has proven to be just as reliable.

Mazda meets or exceeds Toyota and Honda quality in my opinion. I would not hesitate to get into one.

Back