How many keys and key fobs can be programed on a 2010 mazda5?

8 keys.

Remember, to do another yourself, you need minimum 2 with FOBS that start the car.

I wasn't too happy finding that out after I bought my car and the dealer gave me 1 key.

I'll remember next time to make them knock $300 (cost of dealer replacement) off the price of the car if they don't have 2 keys.

yup i have the 2 oem units that work.
having issues with the new oem auto start working and may have to resort over to the old school method of bypassing the pats with a hidden key.

i have 2 key blanks here that are rfid blanks for mazda5
so i will get them cut and programmed at the least as spares!!
ty for the reply

If you only have one key with the transponder, just buy a $120 or so key programmer, blank key and transponder from ebay, then program it yourself. Then sell the programmer on ebay for $10 less. I got my two spare keys made for less than $30 that way (including cutting the key at the locksmith). I remember the programmer I got was from obdstore (F100) in 2018.

If the locksmith charges you over $10 for the key, they are scamming you.

If you only have one key with the transponder, just buy a $120 or so key programmer, blank key and transponder from ebay, then program it yourself. Then sell the programmer on ebay for $10 less. I got my two spare keys made for less than $30 that way (including cutting the key at the locksmith). I remember the programmer I got was from obdstore (F100) in 2018.

If the locksmith charges you over $10 for the key, they are scamming you.
do you have a link to the ebay store?

Is there any guarantee that it will be reliable?
Please redirect your question to the vender for any form of guarantee. I am just a user and the old model has worked for me in the past. I am just waiting for the blank keys and chips to be delivered to try it on my new Mazda 5.

Back