Post Pictures of Your CX-5 Mods, Upgrades and Accessories!

Did you notice the chrome bits peeling up at the end yet? I got a similar looking one on Amazon for $50 and it came with the adhesive holding the chrome strips to the black plastic already coming up a bit.

All looks fine on my car. If I have problems I'll probably just paint those strips.

Just a few things I have done to my 2015. I blacked out everything outside and 3M Carbon wrapped the chrome accents inside (ya it was the cheap way but the sun was horrible on the chrome). The chromed emblems on the back have since been removed, the taillights are a smoked tint and the headlights/fog lights had a protective clear film on them to help against the fade/dingy old look they can get. Shortly after I got caught in a hail storm and had to replace many parts including my headlight so I decided at that point to open the new ones and black them out. I tinted all the windows immediately after buying but sadly I don't remember the levels. Upgraded the hood struts, and installed and front and back roof camera as well as an internal view camera so you can see inside the cab for and side accident views as well as uber safety. I currently still have them on my car. I also took the bumper off when I upgraded the condenser and put on black mesh wire so no rocks went through the grille, I upgraded the stock stereo to another with apple car play/AA, and I also added a tow package myself for future use. I will post the inside of my baby later I cant find any photos on this computer at the moment. Oh and I finally went girly and put rainbow 3D vinyl on my sunroof 🤪

Im currently looking into the splash guards, window deflectors, back hatch light inserts instead of that tiiiiny one on the side, rear bumper guard.

Attachments

• IMG01611.JPG
    IMG01611.JPG
    416.8 KB · Views: 463
  • tail.jpg
    tail.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 470
  • IMG01623.JPG
    IMG01623.JPG
    419 KB · Views: 466
  • IMG00944.JPG
    IMG00944.JPG
    259 KB · Views: 465
  • IMG00459.JPG
    IMG00459.JPG
    276.1 KB · Views: 453
  • IMG01502.JPG
    IMG01502.JPG
    196.5 KB · Views: 422
  • roof.jpg
    roof.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 433
Last edited:
Just a few things I have done to my 2015. I blacked out everything outside and 3M Carbon wrapped the chrome accents inside (ya it was the cheap way but the sun was horrible on the chrome). The chromed emblems on the back have since been removed, the taillights are a smoked tint and the headlights/fog lights had a protective clear film on them to help against the fade/dingy old look they can get. Shortly after I got caught in a hail storm and had to replace many parts including my headlight so I decided at that point to open the new ones and black them out. I tinted all the windows immediately after buying but sadly I don't remember the levels. Upgraded the hood struts, and installed and front and back roof camera as well as an internal view camera so you can see inside the cab for and side accident views as well as uber safety. I currently still have them on my car. I also took the bumper off when I upgraded the condenser and put on black mesh wire so no rocks went through the grille, I upgraded the stock stereo to another with apple car play/AA, and I also added a tow package myself for future use. I will post the inside of my baby later I cant find any photos on this computer at the moment. Oh and I finally went girly and put rainbow 3D vinyl on my sunroof 🤪

Im currently looking into the splash guards, window deflectors, back hatch light inserts instead of that tiiiiny one on the side, rear bumper guard.

what's with the painted high beam reflectors? You basically lost all usefulness of the high beam lights, and made the DRL function less visible in daylight.

Hey man!
I mounted the OEM mudguards on mine literally yesterday, here some pics:

The front ones look absolutely useless
IMG_20200709_160832.jpg

but I'm pretty pleased with the rear:
IMG_20200709_160827.jpg

IMG_20200709_160823.jpg

£85 from Ebay UK

Also have wind deflectors. Think I paid these £25 for all 4 windows and love them:
IMG_20200709_160837.jpg

I mean, the OEM guards wouldn't be useless if you had OEM wheels with OEM fitment.

Well given they add about 1 square inch of coverage I fail to see how they'd add any protection even with OEM tyres.. have a really long trip coming up so I'll keep an eye on dirt, perhaps they funnel air and water efficiently after all

Well given they add about 1 square inch of coverage I fail to see how they'd add any protection even with OEM tyres.. have a really long trip coming up so I'll keep an eye on dirt, perhaps they funnel air and water efficiently after all

The OEM wheels fit within the fender wells. See here:

mazda-cx-5-review-2015_60.jpg

2016-mazda-cx-5-grand-touring_front_34_1463419004_700x467.jpg

With the OEM mud guards installed with the OEM wheels, there is much less "spatter" on the sides of the car. Your wheels and tires poke out quite a bit more than the OEM wheels, so while the front mud guards will help a little, the difference up front will likely be unnoticeable. You would have been better off with aftermarket mud guards that were wide enough to cover the more exposed tire tread of your aftermarket wheel setup. Something like RallyArmor mud flaps.

Someone posted about the difference the OEM guards make (on OEM wheels). They had a photo comparison that showed that the OEM guards kept the sides much cleaner.

EDIT: Related thread here.

Last edited:
Hey man!
I mounted the OEM mudguards on mine literally yesterday, here some pics:
Also have wind deflectors. Think I paid these £25 for all 4 windows and love them:
View attachment 225657

The guards do look really nice. I still have EOM fit tires, because of gas mileage in commuting. I recently was looking into upgrading when I get my next set soon since mine are about out of tread. I do like how yours come out a little. What tire size do you have on?

As for the deflectors, those are what I want! I don't want the stick over trim, I prefer the insert like those. I can't tell if they are OEM or not, i'm beginning my research/studies on the deflectors. I saw a set a few years ago that looked nice on my twin at a store but couldn't get any photos due to the lady leaving.

You would have been better off with aftermarket mud guards that were wide enough to cover the more exposed tire tread of your aftermarket wheel setup. Something like RallyArmor mud flaps.

Thanks for the link buddy! I'll come clean.. I didn't mount mudflaps for practical reasons but rather because of looks, so non OEM were out for me. My comment on the front was because I was genuinely surprised to see how tiny the added surface is compared to the rear ones, but I'd rather keep my tyres and the flying dirt as OEM tyres always seemed too narrow and I hated the gaps left in the wheel arches.

What tire size do you have on?

Tyres are 265/50/R19 with wheels from a Mazda 6 - all from ebay £150 for the rubber and £100 for the alloy. Got the idea from this post here > https://www.mazdas247.com/forum/index.php?threads/show-me-your-wheels.123817319/page-69#post-6480980

As for the deflectors, those are what I want! I don't want the stick over trim, I prefer the insert like those. I can't tell if they are OEM or not, i'm beginning my research/studies on the deflectors. I saw a set a few years ago that looked nice on my twin at a store but couldn't get any photos due to the lady leaving.

Not OEM. These are stamped TeamHeko and again got them off ebay :)
Here they are > https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MAZDA-CX...823543?hash=item2360cbc9b7:g:oU4AAOSw-ZZdGwhZ

I posted this on my bumper protector search thread, but I'll add it here/ Peel and stick, pretty durable bumper cover. $27.00 ebay. Made for CX-5, not generic. (mess in trunk/fixing irrigation leak
IMG_20200711_092752.jpg
IMG_20200703_074552.jpg
IMG_20200711_092738.jpg
IMG_20200703_142120 (1).jpg
IMG_20200703_142140 (1).jpg

These look nice and considerably less expensive than an OEM and other brands. It would be interesting to note on its durability after six months or even a year. And how the bumper guard would cope and endure a winter season in the mid-west or north-east.

Zoom in. They're exactly like they look. Thick bendable rubber/vinyl with peel off backing. Sticky on the entire back, not double sided tape

After seeing your pictures, I took the plunge and ordered the item.

When you install them, slit the paper backing in the middle then apply from the center out, it's a little easier with 2 people to align it as you lay it down.

I did all of that to mine too, all 4 doors as well and the steering wheel emblem. I love it!

YESSSSSSS!!!!!!!! I did the very same thing to mine! I removed everything chrome inside because the glare was horrible for me. I truly loved the look of mine.
I removed all of it this past weekend and have began to upgrade to the 7D carbon fiber wrap, it looks very much like the real deal. I will update photos once it is finished.

vinyl wrap weekend

not a pro but did this for a friend over the weekend, also does anyone know how to take the trim around the door lock buttons off with out taking the whole door panel off?

View attachment 210018View attachment 210019View attachment 210020
I did this to mine as well, I recently removed everything and began wrapping in the 7D carbon fiber, it looks so real. I can show you steps in a few days when I begin to do mine. I will tag photos for you.

Back