Husky, my new go-to floor mats

:
Phoenix
:
2021 signature
A lot of internet searches on Weathertech vs Husky, so hope this helps...

People who buy Weathertech are big fans of WT, People who buy Husky are devoted to Husky. So you need to hear from people who have had both....

I was a Weathertech snob on my last 5 cars. Problem is they start to bend and curve in after time. I tried the Husky this time. I must say that the Husky is now my go-to for all future cars and will recommend them to others. They're a just slightly thinner and softer so I think that they would be more likely to lay flat under their own weight. Fit is as good or better than the WT. Another thread mentioned that the WT doesn't go up high enough to cover the dead pedal - I think he said half of it? The Husky covers complete dead pedal and from the pictures seems to go up higher in the back. And while it's possible (not sure) that they might not be quite as high on the sides, they definitely go high enough.

Bottom line, as a buyer of each, I'll go Husky. They have the X-Act and the WeatherBeater. You can google the difference, But I got the Weatherbeater. I can't speak for the Cargo tray/line, for that I use the generic cut-to-size $18 ones from Ebay or Amazon, I cut them about 2 inches wider and they now go up and line the sides of the trunk area by about an inch.

IMG_20200621_210212.jpg
IMG_20200621_210234.jpg
IMG_20200621_210247.jpg

Last edited:
Great review, would love to see more reviews from the Community. I added a link to this thread (with credit to you of course) in our new Resources section...
Thanks for sharing! 👍

I've never understood why people buy the WeatherTech mats.

WeatherTech and Husky are extremely similar in nearly all aspects.
So the critical deciding factor is coverage, which is the primary attribute of all-weather mats.

All you need to do is copy the pictures of the two brands and put them side by side.
Husky clearly has a big advantage in terms of coverage. It's not even close.
I also found this to be the case with my Honda Ridgeline.

There is no reason anyone here should be purchasing WeatherTech.

I received my WT mats as a Christmas gift in 2016 shortly after we got our CX5. At that time I wasn't aware of any other molded floor mats. My desire was to reduce the amount of dirt that got into the black carpet, since EVERY speck of dirt shows up on the black carpet. But back then, I didn't know about WT's design issues, and didn't know of other options available.

So yeah, we have WT mats but I'm not a fan. At all. I'll probably do Husky mats at some point in the future.

Funny, I just received a set of Weather Techs and didn't like them. The drivers side didn't snap on the posts securely and the fit didn't look "laser measured" as well as the dead pedal being half covered. I ordered a set of Husky mats from the website. I'll be getting them in a few days.

There’re a couple of different floor liners recommended by many members here:

Got some things in last week in anticipation of picking up my new Reserve this weekend.

First day home she received OEM cargo mat and cargo cover from MedCenter Mazda and Canadian OEM Premium floor liners from Scarboro Mazda.

F0D9445B-9A37-4A73-A194-87133AB89BF4.jpeg

C3B7834C-6869-4B3F-BAA9-0FCE2513DCB0.jpeg

I can highly recommend the Canadian OEM mats available from Scarboro Mazda in Toronto here. Since your old rear mat fits, you would only need the fronts. These fit absolutely perfectly in my '19 including full coverage on the dead pedal and are super easy to clean.

As to the rear cargo tray, I bought the US Mazda OEM one for the 2017-2020 models from Med Center Mazda here. The 2014 models are not compatible with the 2017-2020 models.
Not only are they very similar, the Canadian OEM premium floor mats ARE in fact 3D MaxPider mats. MaxPider (U Guard) has contract with Mazda Canada to produce the OEM premium mat. This arrangement is with Mazda Canada only, and not with Mazda USA. That's why the Canadian OEM premium mats are better than the Mazda US OEM Mats.

There’re a couple of different floor liners recommended by many members here:
I can't recommend the MaxSpider mats. I had them in my CX5 for 3 years and they're now just staring to wear a hole on the drivers side heel area, but I but a set for my Scion and they lasted less than 6000 miles before a hole wore through on the drivers side heel area! They're under a year old.

I can't recommend the MaxSpider mats. I had them in my CX5 for 3 years and they're now just staring to wear a hole on the drivers side heel area, but I but a set for my Scion and they lasted less than 6000 miles before a hole wore through on the drivers side heel area! They're under a year old.

The MaxSpider in my MINI Cooper lasted 5 years no problem. But if someone should have a problem they do have a 3 year warranty.

Last edited:
Just got mine, very pleased, Except for the fact that I had to cut out a spot for the fuel door lever. Plenty of lip around the accelerator and full coverage of the dead pedal.

IMG_20200701_172750158.jpg
IMG_20200701_172753715.jpg
IMG_20200701_172757554.jpg
IMG_20200701_173436555.jpg

Last edited:
Just got mine, very pleased, Except for the fact that I had to cut out a spot for the fuel door lever. Plenty of lip around the accelerator and full coverage of the dead pedal.

View attachment 225537View attachment 225538View attachment 225540View attachment 225541
I like the higher edge at the base of gas pedal preventing dirt and water getting into the area, and the “GUARANTEED FOR LIFE” wording.

It seems the material of your new Husky liners is different from your previous 3D MaxPider liners?

Which Husky Liner model did you order? WeatherBeater or X-Act Contour? Any reply is appreciated.

Last edited:
the X-Act are suppose to be more pliable and rubber like and can fold, g\the weatherbeaer is more Weathertech like. I got the Weatherbeater thinking the softer X-Act might noe rinse as easily but I feally don't know

I like the higher edge at the base of gas pedal preventing dirt and water getting into the area, and the “GUARANTEED FOR LIFE” wording.

It seems the material of your new Husky liners is different from your previous 3D MaxPider liners?
Yes, the MaxSpiders was kind of a composite mat, made up of different layers. After 3 years they actually started to separate. I got good wear from them, but as I said, I ordered a set for my Scion XB a little over a year ago and a hole started wearing on the drivers side heel area after only about 6000 miles. These Husky mats fit like a glove.

Back