What did you pay for your CX-5?

I love the Mazda Cv5 GT. Very fun and enjoyable to drive. I live in the county and drive lots of narrow curvy roads. My Mazda gives me super control on the windy roads. The info system is the best I have seen. Super easy to use. My problem is the seat is extremely uncomfortable for me. The seat in any car is #1 for me, looks not so important. I just do not like Black exterior color. I would love to have a solution that helps with my car seat problem.

I'm talking to 5 different dealerships on a 2020 CX5 GT-R. The initial discount pricing before eligible rebates is all over the place. These dealerships must not be as hard up for sales unlike every other business right now.

As you can see the same games are still being played with the fees. I'm holding out for $32,000 flat before TTL (9.15%). Should I shoot even lower for a GT-R? I'm only on the first few rounds of email negotiations and I'm guessing it's been a slow month for car sales.

When calculating percent off are most of you using MSRP or the "Discount Price" ($35,385 in the quote below)?

WcKx1rp.jpg

The "non tax fee" statement:
ZxeoLWkl.jpg

How much was the doc fee?
A ridiculous $598.00, $100.00 more than other phoenix dealers. The onyl way to really get around any ODC fee is to negotiate it off of the sales price 1st, but I knew that at $32,495 I was already getting a good deal.

Mazda doesn't dicker at all - they charge every dealer the same price for the same vehicle. The dickering is between the dealer and the customer. :)

Yes, but there are different variables in the dealerships. I may have discussed this, but here's the story....

The dealer I got my car from was new to Mazda (though they also have a Kia and a Mitsubishi dealership). According to what they told me, (which I now believe since 3 other dealers couldn't get withing $500 of my deal, which is unusual as almost every dealer can match any other dealer) they were given some leniency their 1st year in their 'qoutas' and incentives since they were new and have a small inventory. Also, the cars they get in the future are somewhat based on past sales, So, they were willing to make little or nothing to get another car sold. - All this may be dealer BS, but like I said, there had to be some reason why no other dealer would match their price. - they literally said "no, we can't sell you the car for that price, there's no money in it for us"

How's this for pricing on a 2020 AWD Touring with Preferred Package? I was originally looking used but seems hard to justify a used 2018-2019 with 10k+ miles for $23kish when I've got an offer like this.

Attachments

• CX5.png
    CX5.png
    423.9 KB · Views: 443
How's this for pricing on a 2020 AWD Touring with Preferred Package? I was originally looking used but seems hard to justify a used 2018-2019 with 10k+ miles for $23kish when I've got an offer like this.

Within a few hundred for my 2019 awd touring +pp I got in Dec! Not a bad price. Just under $29k out the door with all the fees

Last edited:
what are "non tax fees"?

Just another version of a Doc Fee. It's a non-state-mandated fee. It's a double dip by the dealership when they list both a Doc Fee and a Non Tax Fee.

In my example (post #6503) the non tax fee unlocks (ha) "Exclusive Member Benefits". Nitrogen filled tires is a old, old trick. Kindly ask them to remove the cost or deflate the tires and put air back into them.

Just another version of a Doc Fee. It's a non-state-mandated fee. It's a double dip by the dealership when they list both a Doc Fee and a Non Tax Fee.

In my example (post #6503) the non tax fee unlocks (ha) "Exclusive Member Benefits". Nitrogen filled tires is a old, old trick. Kindly ask them to remove the cost or deflate the tires and put air back into them.

While this might sometimes be true, in the specific case of the quote I have above it is the non-tax registration (highway patrol, smog, etc) fee charged by my state. I verified the amount myself with the DMV website and the purchase info.

Take a look at https://www.mazda.mx/vehiculos/cx-5 to see what we pay here in Mexico.
Prices are set and include tax, plates, etc BUT as business is slow you can usually get 10,000 pesos of accessories on a new one. I had mine delivered to my home Lakeside from Guadalajara.

When I bought my 1 owner 2015 s Grand Touring w 32K miles w 90 day warranty from the dealership May 20th my cost was 252,000 pesos / $10,426 delivered.
I received 24.17 pesos per USD when transferring by Transferwise the 14th.
A 2020 would cost $23,875 today.

Since they are sold in Mexico and NOT US EPA approved don't even think about importing one into the USA.
Yes, there is smog testing here as well and our Mazdas will pass US tests.
I's all politics I guess. Life is sometimes simpler here.

Take a look at https://www.mazda.mx/vehiculos/cx-5 to see what we pay here in Mexico.
Prices are set and include tax, plates, etc BUT as business is slow you can usually get 10,000 pesos of accessories on a new one. I had mine delivered to my home Lakeside from Guadalajara.

When I bought my 1 owner 2015 s Grand Touring w 32K miles w 90 day warranty from the dealership May 20th my cost was 252,000 pesos / $10,426 delivered.
I received 24.17 pesos per USD when transferring by Transferwise the 14th.
A 2020 would cost $23,875 today.

Since they are sold in Mexico and NOT US EPA approved don't even think about importing one into the USA.
Yes, there is smog testing here as well and our Mazdas will pass US tests.
I's all politics I guess. Life is sometimes simpler here.
Glad to hear from you. Amazing how this thread connects people near and far. My dealership is working with me to get a different car. Hope that works out with a positive result.

I paid $21,500 not including tax.

2017 CX-5 Touring, Certified Pre-Owned 17,182 miles. Have the remainder of the 7 year 100,000 mile warranty. All said and done came out to around $24,270 with tax, DMV fees, etc.

Am extremely pleased as it came with the moon roof and bose speakers.

I paid $21,500 not including tax.

2017 CX-5 Touring, Certified Pre-Owned 17,182 miles. Have the remainder of the 7 year 100,000 mile warranty. All said and done came out to around $24,270 with tax, DMV fees, etc.

Am extremely pleased as it came with the moon roof and bose speakers.
That additional warranty is pretty cool. I paid for the same Trim (2016.5 CX5) - 23911 /- it was new with tint + accessories for free.

The best deal I have seen on these pages is 15+%
Mine was 12.7% - the deals get easier as the more expensive Trim you get. It is easier to score a deal on GT vs Sport trim. For GT-R and Signature - I think I have seen 15% but very rare. GT-R and Signature will have a tough time selling vs Rav4 Prime SE / XSE if Toyota allocates a good quantity next year. Its faster than CX5 and is 3 times the mpg.
Used Signature on CX-9 do drop a lot in a year or so. I think CX5 may hold values slightly better.

Back