CX-5 Accessory must haves?

Here's a pic with the new cover. I just realized that the second fob they gave me, the one without the cover and the one that wasn't programmed correctly is missing the hatch button. Is that right, or did they just give me the wrong key?

View attachment 221786

Must be the wrong key, they should be identical. Maybe they can find the right one and fedex it to you, save you a trip.

Thanks guys, Good to know about the wrong key. I'll contact the sales guy and see what the heck they did.

I've decided on the rear bumper guard, door sill guards, floormats, roof rack, and trailer hitch as the accessories I am purchasing for my 2016 CX-5. Oh and a screen protector for the infotainment system.

I really want this type of liner for my Mazda6 but they seem to only be sold in Canada
I found a Canadian Amazon seller who was able to sell them to me a while back for my 2015. I had to ask them about it and they were able to put them on their Amazon store so I could buy them.

The must have accessory for me are window visors, that was the first thing I got when I got the cx-5. I like the OEM ones because they're very slim and low profile.

36987572365_a8eca1d004_b.jpg

The other must have for me, that's not OEM, is changing out the interior halogen lights to warm white LEDs. Luckily I was able to reuse them from my mazda 3. Another thing I carried over was the white LED for the license plate area :)
Are these open or attached at the rear end of the front ones please? Do they make any noticeable window noise increase? The Aussie ones are different and make a lot of window noise from 35-60mph......

Quick question where do I find everything that's available for my CX-5 ? I mean I found bunch of nice things I'd like to get for my CX-5 like screen protector for infotainment system, bumper and door guards and other stuff. Where do I get and and make sure it fits my 2020 cx-5 ?

2020 will be slow to be updated in most online catalogs. Simply look for for 2018 or 2019 and go from there. Where to look? There is a knowledge sharing document you might might helpful in the resources spot in the form.

Quick question where do I find everything that's available for my CX-5 ? I mean I found bunch of nice things I'd like to get for my CX-5 like screen protector for infotainment system, bumper and door guards and other stuff. Where do I get and and make sure it fits my 2020 cx-5 ?
Amazon has a large selection of accessories. I bought sill protectors, rear bumper protector, hood struts, center glove box tray (much better than stock), pedal covers, cup holder coasters...For OEM, bamwholesaleparts, nice discounts...For mats, Maxpider 3D, perfect fit, covers dead pedal unlike the other company’s. Got mine at auto everything...enjoy the new ride, awesome vehicle!

Amazon has a large selection of accessories. I bought sill protectors, rear bumper protector, hood struts, center glove box tray (much better than stock), pedal covers, cup holder coasters...For OEM, bamwholesaleparts, nice discounts...For mats, Maxpider 3D, perfect fit, covers dead pedal unlike the other company’s. Got mine at auto everything...enjoy the new ride, awesome vehicle!

Interesting! Do you mind posting a link to the center console tray you bought?

Thank you!
CV

@ChuckyVee
Be sure to check out the knowledge sharing document in the forum RESOURCES section - PLENTY of known working bits and pieces interior and exterior.

for example:
HIGH FLYING Car Center Armrest Console Glove Storage Box Tray Organizerhttps://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Yes...I forgot all about the resources section...sorry! Thanks for the link!

Today’s post from cx driver has the link for the one I bought

Very awesome....thank you!

I also have the same one. Works great.

That's excellent to know...thank you!

The must have accessory for me are window visors, that was the first thing I got when I got the cx-5. I like the OEM ones because they're very slim and low profile.

36987572365_a8eca1d004_b.jpg

The other must have for me, that's not OEM, is changing out the interior halogen lights to warm white LEDs. Luckily I was able to reuse them from my mazda 3. Another thing I carried over was the white LED for the license plate area :)
Does the Mazda mistake changing the LEDs for a bulb being out since it’s a lower wattage? I know this happened on my VW.

I received my High Flying Center Console Tray from China today. I ordered from Amazon on May 16th so about 3 weeks to receive the package via international mail. It is well made and fits perfectly. Only a couple of minor quibbles. I have two USB sticks in the ports for music and they have to be removed to lift the tray out in case you need anything in the lower compartment. I may need to relieve the cutout in the tray a little with a Dremel. Also, the little rubber mats for the tray do not have any adhesive holding them in place. I'll probably spread a little rubber cement on them to secure them.

Last edited:
Here's what I have in mind for my CX-5:

Black Wheels (purchased)
Red Caliper Covers (purchased)
LED License Plate lighting (installed)
Roof Rails w/ Cross Bars (looking into this, don't love the way the OEM cross bars look)
Mud flaps
Weather tech mats for winter
Cargo Net

Open to suggestions also!

Here's what I have in mind for my CX-5:

Black Wheels (purchased)
Red Caliper Covers (purchased)
LED License Plate lighting (installed)
Roof Rails w/ Cross Bars (looking into this, don't love the way the OEM cross bars look)
Mud flaps
Weather tech mats for winter
Cargo Net

Open to suggestions also!
Read some of the comments here about Weather Tech mats. I don't like mine.

Not only do they look very utilitarian, they have other issues:
-Dirt stains them, and they are very hard to get clean (this happens quickly).
-They do not cover the Dead Pedal all the way. The upper half remains exposed.
-They don't protect the base of the accelerator very well and dirt gets around it.

Check this page and others in that thread. Check out my commet on that page regarding the Weather Tech cargo mat and Cargo Containers. I do like those.

Back