What have you done to your CX-5 today?

I installed a class II Curt hitch yesterday. Looks good and wasn’t difficult to install. Getting the exhaust off of its mounts was the hardest thing to do imo.

The two inner nuts, from the rear spoiler were off again. 😡
I have reinstall them and tightened them again very well.

The two inner nuts, from the rear spoiler were off again. 😡
I have reinstall them and tightened them again very well.
loctite-specialty-use-adhesive-209728-64_1000.jpg

edit to add: If you aren't familiar with LocTite, the Blue is removable. Red is permanent.

Last edited:
I’ll have to go back and add some Loctite to mine. Glad I stumbled on the thread that suggested this might be the source of the squeak I was hearing. It came out of the blue and sounded terrible when it warmed up. Two of the four nuts were completely loose and halfway down the bolt. One was tight, another is completely missing. I don’t hear the missing nut rattling around in the door so it shall remain missing.

Just did the super duper clean. Swapped on the summer tires/wheels, give the suspension a good wash. Then drive up on ramps and wash every nook and cranny to get rid of the winter scunge. Surprisingly, everything still looks ok under there.

The first gen CX5s have this bad habit, to lose their mounting nuts. To me it happened the second time. I tighten them as hard as a can, and they still come off. Most likely, they should have a lock washer, but they don't.
After I'll take care of painting it, I will use blue Loctite.

Purchased Koni Yellow struts.
It seems like, I need to rebuild my whole suspension.
I have just replaced all my brake pads/discs. I have noticed that my tie rod ends and lower ball joints rubber boots are all cracked open. I can't test my struts/shocks, but to me it feels like they are very bad. Car became much more bouncier than it used to be.
I will be buying and replacing parts in stages.
This time around, I will be installing a set of camber bolts as well, for easier camber adjustment.
I'm on CS springs and last time, they had a very hard time bringing the camber angle in spec. It is just barely in the green zone, on the printout. They had to use some kind of airbag, to push on suspension components, before tightening down the bolts.
Anybody has this setup? CS springs with Koni Yellow struts/shocks? By the way, they are 20% discounted now, at Tirerack.

Purchased Koni Yellow struts.
It seems like, I need to rebuild my whole suspension.
I have just replaced all my brake pads/discs. I have noticed that my tie rod ends and lower ball joints rubber boots are all cracked open. I can't test my struts/shocks, but to me it feels like they are very bad. Car became much more bouncier than it used to be.
I will be buying and replacing parts in stages.
This time around, I will be installing a set of camber bolts as well, for easier camber adjustment.
I'm on CS springs and last time, they had a very hard time bringing the camber angle in spec. It is just barely in the green zone, on the printout. They had to use some kind of airbag, to push on suspension components, before tightening down the bolts.
Anybody has this setup? CS springs with Koni Yellow struts/shocks? By the way, they are 20% discounted now, at Tirerack.
Lol it would be cheaper to buy coilovers than keep using the springs. All I see is bad press about those springs, had a local ftiend replace hers with bc racing due to poor ride quality/bottoming out. CX racing hs a set starting at like 480. You're gonna trash new components with them. I'd purchase autoexe outer tie rod ends btw since you are lowered.

Oil change and tire rotation for my mother in laws ‘17 GT. Followed it up with a thorough detailing of the interior and a quick wash of the exterior as an early Mother’s Day surprise. Her large dog sheds his needle like hairs everywhere so it took a bit.

I’m really liking the Meguiars leather cleaner and conditioner for her car. She doesn’t have time to take care of her vehicle so I’m glad I was able to clean the seats up before anything crazy happened. Looks like new!

Oil change and tire rotation for my mother in laws ‘17 GT. Followed it up with a thorough detailing of the interior and a quick wash of the exterior as an early Mother’s Day surprise. Her large dog sheds his needle like hairs everywhere so it took a bit.

I’m really liking the Meguiars leather cleaner and conditioner for her car. She doesn’t have time to take care of her vehicle so I’m glad I was able to clean the seats up before anything crazy happened. Looks like new!
And you cleaned up mother-in-law’s CX-5! (y)

Ordered Koni Yellows(they are 20% off, at tirerack) and camber bolts. CS springs with Konis. Anybody has this setup?

Hand washed it and found a tiny scratch left by a stray rock that hit me while driving on the freeway. Used Dr. Color Chip to touch it up. It is virtually invisible now.

Ordered Koni Yellows(they are 20% off, at tirerack) and camber bolts. CS springs with Konis. Anybody has this setup?

Not on the CX-5 but on my Mazda3, i ran yellows on eibach prokits. you'll love the yellows - i liked the fact that they were adjustable. were you previously dropped on the CS springs on stock shocks?

Replaced the a pillar trim that had holes from when my gauges we installed on it, and soaked my TCS micro switch in electronic cleaner because it became almost unusable (again).
20200509_174828.jpg
20200507_164201.jpg

Back