2017~2024 Video From autoexpert.com.au about 2020 Mazda CX5

:
2018 CX5 SE-L Nav+ 2WD 2.2D 150hp Auto
Do not watch if you are of a nervous disposition. You have been warned...;)

I always want to know how many cylinders I am running on. Why? I don't really know. Other than that, a stunning review mate.

Actually, it's true what he says about the CD. Why on earth would you want to look at that display instead of concentrating on DRIVING?

Obviously he's over the top in his presentation, but that's show biz.

Actually, it's true what he says about the CD. Why on earth would you want to look at that display instead of concentrating on DRIVING?

Obviously he's over the top in his presentation, but that's show biz.

Information, I'd glance at it if my 2019 had the screen. Merely to see what speed/load it engage at. Other then curiosity it wouldnt get much use after.

Who pissed in his Cheerios?

What a hoser.

You have to understand his sense of humour. It is true that why would you have a graphic of the cylinder deactivation working,or not when there are more pressing matters such as fixing any infotainment system bugs.

You should see him hose on Mercedes, BMW, Ford, Holden (as was). Obviously over the top but that's what makes it entertaining. The truth is always in there somewhere. He loves haters so you know what to do ;)

Generally speaking he mostly has a good word to say about Mazda either Corporately or their products

Does he get this pissed when needing to change the radio station?

I think he's making the point that the cylinder activation/deactivation graphic is a pointless distraction which can only be useful viewed when moving. Radio stations can be changed while moving and stationary.

He also has an Aussie abrasive sense of humour so brace yourself. No motor manufacturer advertises on his channel as he's offended ALL of them at one time or another. (At least he's consistant)

Once I had to rent for a 300mi one-way trip.
They gave me a Tahoe because they were out of Versa's.

It had the typical 5.3l V8 and CD with some kind of dash indicator.

The trip was thru remote parts of CO and NM , a route w/ 50mph rough roads that I could achieve over 40mpg in something like my cx5.

I watched the dash and found that around 50mph it would show 28mpg if it was in 4cyl mode but if I just touched the gas slightly it would drop to 22mpg (at 50mph).

It would show 18-19mpg on the interstate but as most of the trip was on secondary roads it showed a reasonable number for the entire trip, considering it had a v8.

I didn't think the overall experience was much better than my cx5. True there is a bit more room around the seats, etc., but I think people that think big cars are way superior should try a modern 4cyl.

Funny, I usually find that guy entertaining, and enjoyed many of his videos before buying my Mazda. I disagree with much of this one though. Yes, Mazda rebranded the TCS button as an off road mode. Good for them. That's what marketing is about, and most drivers didn't know that you get better traction in such situations with TCS off. Its counter-intuitive considering you'd think you want traction control when you have poor traction.

I have a 2018. I wish I knew when the CD activated. It could help the driver make such decisions as whether or not to activate radar cruise control. What speed to cruise at if you aren't in a hurry, and so forth. Not to mention trouble-shooting if something isn't behaving properly, like with our CD recall.

I say keep up the engineering masturbation Mazda, and don't listen to this guy.

Once I had to rent for a 300mi one-way trip.
They gave me a Tahoe because they were out of Versa's.

It had the typical 5.3l V8 and CD with some kind of dash indicator.

The trip was thru remote parts of CO and NM , a route w/ 50mph rough roads that I could achieve over 40mpg in something like my cx5.

I watched the dash and found that around 50mph it would show 28mpg if it was in 4cyl mode but if I just touched the gas slightly it would drop to 22mpg (at 50mph).

It would show 18-19mpg on the interstate but as most of the trip was on secondary roads it showed a reasonable number for the entire trip, considering it had a v8.

I didn't think the overall experience was much better than my cx5. True there is a bit more room around the seats, etc., but I think people that think big cars are way superior should try a modern 4cyl.
Coming from a Jeep Grand Cherokee, 2010, my 2019 GTR cx5 is the lowest trim level that comes close to how nice the Jeep was. Yes, the Jeep broke a lot, but the interior was nice, solid, quiet, and the acceleration is still a touch better than the turbo 4 manages.

Back