Acceleration difference in 2019 from 2016

Mazda is LAZY when it comes to curb weight specifics. I believe they also list the 2019 Sport trim is identical weight to the Touring and non-turbo GT......complete BS. (GT have leather seats, more speakers, power liftgate standard, etc) How do the lower trims equal exact to the GT....not possible.
Now that you point it out, I just took a more in-depth look at the spec sheet for the high-weight things.

The 2019 Sport, Touring and GT all have the exact same curb weight.
-The Sport does not have electric seats, or a moonroof, or the power liftgate
-The Touring has the driver's electric seat. Moonroof and power liftgate are optional
-The GT has both electric seats, a moonroof and the power liftgate.

Another interesting spec: The GT comes standard with the moonroof, but the Interior Dimensions for it lists "HEADROOM, FRONT/REAR WITHOUT MOONROOF (IN)" This spec in the Reserve & Sig is properly labeled.

When they made the NAV card an extra-cost item in all 2020 trims but the Sig, their website didn't even list it as an available accessory for the Reserve. I had a back & forth email string with Mazda Customer Service on it in early January, they finally saw what I was talking about and thanked me. Not only is it still not fixed for the Reserve, but they have since removed it as an accessory in one of the other trims after it had been initially listed correctly.

This stuff makes you really scratch your head. But maybe other manufacturers are like this and we haven't waded through them as deeply.

My 2019 GT doesn't do so well...I did have wheel spin on the launch
IMG_6896.PNG

Now that you point it out, I just took a more in-depth look at the spec sheet for the high-weight things.

The 2019 Sport, Touring and GT all have the exact same curb weight.
-The Sport does not have electric seats, or a moonroof, or the power liftgate
-The Touring has the driver's electric seat. Moonroof and power liftgate are optional
-The GT has both electric seats, a moonroof and the power liftgate.

Another interesting spec: The GT comes standard with the moonroof, but the Interior Dimensions for it lists "HEADROOM, FRONT/REAR WITHOUT MOONROOF (IN)" This spec in the Reserve & Sig is properly labeled.

When they made the NAV card an extra-cost item in all 2020 trims but the Sig, their website didn't even list it as an available accessory for the Reserve. I had a back & forth email string with Mazda Customer Service on it in early January, they finally saw what I was talking about and thanked me. Not only is it still not fixed for the Reserve, but they have since removed it as an accessory in one of the other trims after it had been initially listed correctly.

This stuff makes you really scratch your head. But maybe other manufacturers are like this and we haven't waded through them as deeply.

The Sport liftgate is a little simpler and cheaper, but it's actually still pretty handy. It has gas charged struts that automatically lift it for you when you open the hatch. (You still have to close it yourself) : )
A poor man's power liftgate.

The Sport liftgate is a little simpler and cheaper, but it's actually still pretty handy. It has gas charged struts that automatically lift it for you when you open the hatch. (You still have to close it yourself) : )
A poor man's power liftgate.
As others have mentioned, the power liftgate is way more useful with the "wave your foot" feature.

But it's sure odd that all those trims are the exact same to-the-pound weight.
Good to know that Copy/Paste isn't just a North American thing ;)

You guys all missed something important: GT = 19" wheels, Touring = 17" wheels. On my 2014 GT when I switch to my 17" wheels for winter, it is noticeably quicker!

Anyone else notice this. I’ve been trying to find specific 0-60 acceleration rates. I think my 2019 GT is a tad slower on acceleration than my 2016 Touring was. Seems odd but any other feedback?

That's because it is. It was very noticeable comparing my 2014 Touring vs a 2019 GT loaner I had for a day. Acceleration from a stop felt awful compared to my 2014.

It's the sound deadening they added to the Gen 2.

I came from a soft top TJ and a Grand Cherokee before this car, so to me, my 2014 is quiet. But I know it's not by today's standards, but it's good enough for me compared to the cars I used to drive and as such has not been high on my list. I much prefer having the more responsive feeling of my 2014 compared to that 2019 I had for a day. But some like and prioritize the quiet cabin.

So according to Mazda's 2019 specs and the 2014 specs posted by others:

-The 2019 GT FWD is 166# heavier than the 2014 GT FWD.
-The 2019 GT AWD is 327# heavier than the 2014 GT AWD.

Looks like the 2019 AWD is a pig.

I wonder if gearing might also be a factor? I could not find anything on either the 2014 or the 2016 [topic] transmission. Specs for the 2019 GT are:

GearRatio
Final Drive4.325 (FWD), 4.624 (AWD)
Reverse3.893

Back