Why does the rest of the world always get better options?

:
2017 Mazda CX-5 GT
2018 CX-5 in Switzerland:
Can anyone who speaks Dutch translate some of the specs. like the wheel size? I'm so curious.

I read the comments and they're 22" 😳. It's got proper exhaust tips too! 360 cameras and no ugly orange reflectors in the headlights. Damn!

We pay the equivalent of 48000 USD for our signature and the equivalent of 5.9 USD for a US.gallon of gas. Some countries are paying a lot more. I’d rather pay your price and have it slightly de-spec’d.
Yeah, we pay a lot more....72,000 USD for a top spec 2.5 CX-5 (and it's still only FWD) and 82,000 USD for a top spec 2,2 184 hp diesel with AWD :eek: ;)

Americans have poor taste in cars. We buy based on gimmicks not engineering. Look at the GM offerings from 2000-2010 buncha fleet car trash. Solid rear axle "sports" cats (mustangs).

Americans have poor taste in cars. We buy based on gimmicks not engineering. Look at the GM offerings from 2000-2010 buncha fleet car trash. Solid rear axle "sports" cats (mustangs).
But we get awesome cup holders.

It would be interesting to see how cars are marketed overseas. I wonder what their car commercials look like. Are they as insulting as ours?

This topic reminds me of a story about Russians visiting a friend in the states. They went to the grocery store, and the Russians stood transfixed in the pickle aisle.

There are a dozen different brands, each offering relish, spears, whole, sliced, kosher, dill, sweet, etc etc etc. There must be at least 50 variants of friggin' pickle.

The Russians could not move. They had no idea what to do.
In Mother Russia you get "pickle." You take or you leave. Pickle Yes or Pickle No.

When my British relatives have visited, they are astounded when they walk into Walmart. They travel light for their trip to the states and buy luggage here so they can cram it full of American-bought goods to take back home.

So I'm certain we at least get more choices.
"Better" may be up for debate.

note the CD slot in between the two vents in the dash.

Seems to me anything that's available for one is available for all: you just have to order and install it yourself.

It's not uncommon for us in Canada to accidentally click on American websites. Then I get all excited for a product or feature on a product only to find out it's not in Canada. Some websites are great at redirecting (Home depot comes to mind) but sometimes not. Amazon is one I often end up on USA site.

The product, even if available here, will also have diff price. USA generally a bit lower.

Always a bit of envy there. I even recall going into clothing stores as a teenager in Maine, NY etc an being amazed at the selection.

Back