Any way to lock console/glove box?

Is there a way to create a locked storage area in the CX-5? Looking for something to use when valet parking.
Haven’t seen anything available to make CX-5 glove compartment lockable. Don’t believe the lockable glove compartment feature is available on CX-5 in Japan and Europe either.

The most crucial thing to carry is proof of insurance and registration. I have proof through Geico's app. If there's a way to also carry Registration in smart phone then perhaps nothing of value would be stored in glove compartment.

Thanks. Those are along the lines of what I'm looking for.
I've had https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned) from CX-5um's Amazon list for years and years:
919DIvT0XeL._SL1500_.jpg

No installation required. The cable loops around the seat frame, gets inserted back into the open case, and is secured when you close & lock the lid. You pull it out as far as the cable will permit to access it, and then just shove it back under the seat.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned) rather than a key.

thanks for posting that ! going to get one in a bit.......
just looked under the cx5 seat and plenty of room for one of these

thanks for posting that ! going to get one in a bit.......
just looked under the cx5 seat and plenty of room for one of these
I keep it under the back seat so it doesn't shoot out under my feet in a hard stop.

It's a great place to keep emergency cash (gotta be prepared for those roadside "For Sale" signs), in addition to its other storage uses.

How do you put it under the back seat? From the hatch area? I have a lock box like that already. I can't believe Mazda doesn't include a locking glovebox.
Good question!

I can lift the seat bottom up easily and hide something there on my 1998 Honda CR-V. Not on my CX-5.

How do you put it under the back seat? From the hatch area? I have a lock box like that already. I can't believe Mazda doesn't include a locking glovebox.
I guess it's gotta go under the front seat.
Fits under the back seat of my truck.

Maybe slide it in from the backside so it doesn't come out the front.

Back