What did you pay for your CX-5?

I can get a 2020 or a 2019 GT-Reserve - the price difference is only $1,500 - does that make any sense?

It seems like the 2019 should be discounted more as last years model.

I think it is a deal worth buying IMHO. .

:p Frankly speaking, this is the cheapest one I can find in my area for now. Not sure about other places, maybe a good deal is $21k before TTL? Anyhow, I went there again and was told there is no SD card and no NAV system is equipped. But there is a SD card slot in the console box. Does that mean I only need to get one from eBay or I have to go to Mazda dealer to upgrade hardware? The tire tread is 10/32. There is really no reason to get new tires.

:p Frankly speaking, this is the cheapest one I can find in my area for now. Not sure about other places, maybe a good deal is $21k before TTL? Anyhow, I went there again and was told there is no SD card and no NAV system is equipped. But there is a SD card slot in the console box. Does that mean I only need to get one from eBay or I have to go to Mazda dealer to upgrade hardware? The tire tread is 10/32. There is really no reason to get new tires.

Yeah, that is what I thought, I searched in Carfax as well, all over the country. Good on the tires. This forum has some good info on getting SD card from Amazon. Costs about 80 bucks. Good Luck.

Check if there is any price shenanigans like reconditioning fee etc. The only thing I think you should pay are car price + Title + Doc fees.

Navigation card is worthless if you have Android Auto which you should. Only use I have for Nav is if I know the route but need to see the street names - I turn the Nav on. It has no traffic live and will not redirect if there is an accident or something. It also has a 3 year update period - you will have to manually pull the card out and update on a laptop and you can do it for 3 years, the updates are spaced few months apart. Take that $30 or 50 and spend it on something more worthwhile like rear cargo tray.

Navigation card is worthless if you have Android Auto which you should. Only use I have for Nav is if I know the route but need to see the street names - I turn the Nav on. It has no traffic live and will not redirect if there is an accident or something. It also has a 3 year update period - you will have to manually pull the card out and update on a laptop and you can do it for 3 years, the updates are spaced few months apart. Take that $30 or 50 and spend it on something more worthwhile like rear cargo tray.
There are settings in the infotainment/Nav for my 2020 GTR to include traffic/re-routing, which I believe it gets from SiriusXM Traffic, which came with an initial trial period. I haven't actually tried it, and, of course, you have to pay SiriusXM to keep it going.

Still, having the Nav also enables traffic sign recognition and turn-by-turn directions on the Active Driving Display...which is nice.

I got mine off eBay for $32
Yes, I got mine for about $35 off eBay. After you've driven about 65 miles with the Nav card inserted, you can use a computer (with an SD card slot/adapter) to update the maps to the January 2020 update.

2019+ CX5's with the free XMtravelink for 3 years do indeed get live traffic and rerouting with stock NAV. Its a part of why I decided on a 2019 GT. Its been excellent so far. AA maps have tiny print in comparison so I prefer using the stock NAV.

Well, it may just be the preference. I have AA, but I still like have a backup option for navigation. I think the in-car GPS reception will be better in places with skyscrapers. And at 30-50 bucks, it is still cheap.

Purchased a silver 2019 CX-5 Signature today for cash on Long Island. Was in and out of the dealership in 30 minutes after texting for a day or two with the salesperson. Was a pleasant experience overall

MSRP + Destination: $37,935
Dealer Discount: -$2,435 (6.6% of MSRP)
Dealer Price: $35,500
Customer Cash Rebate: -$1,000
Total: $34,500
Tax: $2,286
Doc Fees: $343
OTD: $37,128

Wife only wanted silver, and this was the only silver 2019 Sig left within 150 miles of me.

They opened at $36.5k before the $1k rebate and taxes/fees. I asked them to come back with $35.5k, and after 10 minutes that was it. Maybe I could have pushed for another ~$500+ because the salesperson made a comment that now was a good time for some "month-end incentives" going on, but the transaction was so smooth and I'm very happy overall. Especially after talking to 2-3 shady dealers.

Last edited:
I have been negotiating with a dealer for a new gray 2019 CX-5 sig and got him to offer $35000 otd. The problem is I just found out I qualify for the s-plan. Anyone know how much a 2020 sig would be with that plan? Is $35000 enough of a discount to go with the 19 over the 20?

I was at my MAZDA dealer this morning and noticed that the dealer was adding ~ $1,100 to the price for dealer prep and a list of nonsense to the price. Florida is noted for having the highest dealer prep fees in the nation at ~ $750 but, this dealer tops that by ~ $250. O'Brian MAZDA in Fort Myers, FL.
The bottom line cost is what is improtant and not just the vehicle cost quote. Ed

It seems most here are quoting OTD pricing. That way we can see what the real sales prices are. Doc fees and taxes vary so much from state to state they just confuse things for anyone trying to compare.

Hi guys, another stupid question here. Do you know how to tell what trim the car is just from the car? I saw a 2019 Touring on a dealer's website. It has NAV and moon roof. I thought it's a Touring with preferred package, but when I opened its history report it shows it's actually a GT. I'm just wondering if there is a way to find the trim from the car. Maybe there is a sticker or something?

Hi guys, another stupid question here. Do you know how to tell what trim the car is just from the car? I saw a 2019 Touring on a dealer's website. It has NAV and moon roof. I thought it's a Touring with preferred package, but when I opened its history report it shows it's actually a GT. I'm just wondering if there is a way to find the trim from the car. Maybe there is a sticker or something?
The Mazda dealers I've dealt with have a Window Sticker button on the page for each individual vehicle. It's the actual window sticker. Tells you everything including the VIN.

The Mazda dealers I've dealt with have a Window Sticker button on the page for each individual vehicle. It's the actual window sticker. Tells you everything including the VIN.

Sorry I might not be clear enough. It's not a new car. It's a used rental car. So I didn't see any window sticker. I guess you mean the paper sticker attached inside the window.

@misspepper I would think a VIN decoder should tell you.

but maybe a VIN decoder doesnt reveal trim level....

Back