Factory ordering accessories (Reposted In Acc)

Is there a list somewhere of which accessories can be or must be installed at the factory (or port)? I'm not a fan of dealer installs of anything (although this will be my first Mazda and first experience with Mazda dealers), and would like to know what accessories can be ordered with a factory order for a CX-5 Signature. Thanks!
Just about every Mazda genuine accessary, including the all-weather floor mats, can be “ordered” and “installed” at the port of entry. The sales brochure and Mazds website have the genuine accessary list. The only problem for you is you have to find a Mazda dealer who is willing to place an order with all the genuine accessaries you want.

I agree with you that if a Mazda genuine accessary requiring “installation”, port-installed is better than dealer-installed.

If I understand what I've read here, none of the accessories are installed at the factory...they are all port-installed or dealer-installed.

Here's a comprehensive list of Sig accessories for people to comment on, including ones that are obviously irrelevant:

-Front & Read Bumper Trim Package
-Trailer Hitch
-Roof Rack Side Rails
-Retractable Cargo Cover
-Wheel Locks
-Rear Bumper Guard
-Illuminated Doorsill Trim Plates
-Interior Lighting Kit
-All-Weather Floor Mats
-Cargo Net
-Moonroof Wind Deflector
-Roof Rack Crossbars
-Side Window Deflectors
-Splash Guards, Front
-Splash Guards, Rear
-Cargo Tray
-Soft Cargo Liner
-Cargo Mat, Carpeted
-Windshield Sunscreen

FYI, among all Mazda genuine accessaries, don’t get Mazda Remote Start of any kind. They all suck.

FYI, among all Mazda genuine accessaries, don’t get Mazda Remote Start of any kind. They all suck.
I've wondered if Oil Dilution has caused Mazda to do away with this feature, making it an "install at your own risk" thing. Or maybe it's all part of their "environmentally responsible" persona. Or a little of both.

The manual says:
Pg 3-47 Avoid long warm-ups. Once the engine runs smoothly, begin driving.
Pg 4-8 After starting the engine, let it idle for about 10 seconds.

I've wondered if Oil Dilution has caused Mazda to do away with this feature, making it an "install at your own risk" thing. Or maybe it's all part of their "environmentally responsible" persona. Or a little of both.

The manual says:
Pg 3-47 Avoid long warm-ups. Once the engine runs smoothly, begin driving.
Pg 4-8 After starting the engine, let it idle for about 10 seconds.
My rule of thumb has always been that it's ok to start driving once the RPM drops to about 1k.
I did have after market remote start put in mine, but I never let it go for more than 5 minutes.
The only OEM accessory I'm interested in is that cargo cover that attaches to the lift gate. Just haven't convinced myself it's worth the cost. Put a Curt trailer hitch on myself, and weather tech floor liners. Mine came with the roof side rails, and they were on the monroney sticker so I'm guessing that was at port.

Last edited:
My rule of thumb has always been that it's ok to start driving once the RPM drops to about 1k.
I've always been the same way. I see people start their cars and immediately put them into drive, causing the cars to lurch forward. But Mazda's 8 Second Rule doesn't cut it for even moderately chilly weather. Temp was about 33° when I went out this morning, and it took longer than a minute for the RPMs to come down to a point I wanted to put the thing into Drive.

The only OEM accessory I'm interested in is that cargo cover that attaches to the lift gate. Just haven't convinced myself it's worth the cost. Put a Curt trailer hitch on myself, and weather tech floor liners. Mine came with the roof side rails, and they were on the monroney sticker so I'm guessing that was at port.
I have the cargo cover. I like it. I put all my stuff in the back area when I shop, and I also keep emergency stuff in a behind-the-seat carrier. The cover makes it impossible for wandering eyes to see anything. It's not that often that my cargo is taller than the cover.

I ordered my car with rails, splash guards and a hitch so they would be installed at the port. The dealer called me a few weeks before mine was due to arrive because they had one in my color already in transit and asked if I would take it, with them installing the accessories. I accepted, subject to inspection (as always). Things went fine. They did a good job. My only regret is not looking at aftermarket hitch options closer, because I would have preferred to have a Class 3 hitch. But I like the look of the factory hitch. It seems to hug closer to the undercarriage than any aftermarket one I looked at. I just gotta get the right hardware.

ps: Never heard of the Monroney sticker. Now I know!

I've always been the same way. I see people start their cars and immediately put them into drive, causing the cars to lurch forward. But Mazda's 8 Second Rule doesn't cut it for even moderately chilly weather. Temp was about 33° when I went out this morning, and it took longer than a minute for the RPMs to come down to a point I wanted to put the thing into Drive.

I have the cargo cover. I like it. I put all my stuff in the back area when I shop, and I also keep emergency stuff in a behind-the-seat carrier. The cover makes it impossible for wandering eyes to see anything. It's not that often that my cargo is taller than the cover.

I ordered my car with rails, splash guards and a hitch so they would be installed at the port. The dealer called me a few weeks before mine was due to arrive because they had one in my color already in transit and asked if I would take it, with them installing the accessories. I accepted, subject to inspection (as always). Things went fine. They did a good job. My only regret is not looking at aftermarket hitch options closer, because I would have preferred to have a Class 3 hitch. But I like the look of the factory hitch. It seems to hug closer to the undercarriage than any aftermarket one I looked at. I just gotta get the right hardware.

ps: Never heard of the Monroney sticker. Now I know!
It is better to just drive it. The only reasons it has the RPM's high is to warm up your CATS faster for emissions. There is 0 harm in just turning on your car and driving. It's actually better for it because your car warms up quicker and more evenly. Honestly letting it sit there and rev high while cold will just cause more wear to your engine. Why would revving higher in the cold be more beneficial for your engine?

Even my 06 Grand prix with 270k miles, I've owned it since 90k miles and for 6 years. I just start it and go. Even in -10 degree weather, start it and go every time. It's not a carbonated 70's Oldsmobile. lol

It is better to just drive it. The only reasons it has the RPM's high is to warm up your CATS faster for emissions. There is 0 harm in just turning on your car and driving. It's actually better for it because your car warms up quicker and more evenly. Honestly letting it sit there and rev high while cold will just cause more wear to your engine. Why would revving higher in the cold be more beneficial for your engine?

Even my 06 Grand prix with 270k miles, I've owned it since 90k miles and for 6 years. I just start it and go. Even in -10 degree weather, start it and go every time. It's not a carbonated 70's Oldsmobile. lol
By definition, the RPM are lower when idling then driving. So how can it be revving higher by letting it sit? Right when it starts it's at 1.5k RPM. Even the gentlest acceleration is going to be higher than that. And the 3-5 minute warm up is more so the car has some warmish air for the HVAC. Luckily with auto climate I don't have to worry about getting blasted with cold air. Lol. Though I do wish my car was carbonated. I love that fizzy feeling

My concern over immediately driving the car is not due to it being cold, it's dropping the transmission into Drive when the engine is revving that high. I always thought that was hard on it.

By definition, the RPM are lower when idling then driving. So how can it be revving higher by letting it sit? Right when it starts it's at 1.5k RPM. Even the gentlest acceleration is going to be higher than that. And the 3-5 minute warm up is more so the car has some warmish air for the HVAC. Luckily with auto climate I don't have to worry about getting blasted with cold air. Lol. Though I do wish my car was carbonated. I love that fizzy feeling
haha Carbonated cars is going to be my new invention.

This video is really interesting and it points out some reasons why idling your car for 5 minutes before driving away is actually harder on the engine than just driving it after starting. I encourage everyone to give it a watch.

You're engine is actually less lubricated when it is sitting there idling and it takes longer for it to warm up than if you would just drive it. It also dilutes your oil with fuel.

My concern over immediately driving the car is not due to it being cold, it's dropping the transmission into Drive when the engine is revving that high. I always thought that was hard on it.

I used to have that same apprehension about putting a car into gear while revs were still "high" (to me, this meant 1500 RPM). Then I met my wife, and found out that she starts her car, fastens her seat belt, then puts it into Drive. I discovered that she did this even in temps as cold as -40c, with the RPM as high as 2000 :unsure:. Her car is an 06 Civic that she bought new. It's currently got something like 160000 kms on it and it still runs and shifts like it was new. I would not advise that you do this, its just a single case of anecdotal evidence that I found strange.

With my CX-9, I start the car, belt up, then wait a few seconds for the RPMs to level off. Depending on the temps (so far up to -51c with the windchill), this can be anywhere from 1500 to 1000. If it idles any higher than 1500, I wait.

Then I met my wife, and found out that she starts her car, fastens her seat belt, then puts it into Drive.

I literally cringe when I hear people do this...and many do. That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it. But that *CLUNK* when the thing is put into drive when the RPMs are so high just sounds like it's so hard on the tranny.

I literally cringe when I hear people do this...and many do. That doesn't mean there's anything wrong with it. But that *CLUNK* when the thing is put into drive when the RPMs are so high just sounds like it's so hard on the tranny.

Oh, definitely. I still clench up every time. The noise is so unnerving and it just doesn't sound right. Really the only thing I can say is that that Civic's 1.8L drivetrain takes everything that we've thrown at it and just keeps going.

haha Carbonated cars is going to be my new invention.

This video is really interesting and it points out some reasons why idling your car for 5 minutes before driving away is actually harder on the engine than just driving it after starting. I encourage everyone to give it a watch.

You're engine is actually less lubricated when it is sitting there idling and it takes longer for it to warm up than if you would just drive it. It also dilutes your oil with fuel.
Btw, this guy is a mechanical engineer who makes excellent videos on all aspects of car-related engineering subjects. Worth watching on a regular basis.

Back