Let's do shots in the driveway!

I can't imagine shoveling that much snow at sea-level oxygen concentrations!

And I bet you get lots of entertainment living on that hill.
Many go down, few come up.

Nice driveway.
:love::love::love:
Looks like you could almost do 3 wide in that b... :D

3 wide is definitely doable if we had Smaht Pahk. :D

Since there's not a ton of activity, and I got stroked for hiking a bit, here's another shot further up the driveway:

View attachment 222570

I got way more driveway than I got car.

Maybe I'll pull my Kubota next to it and we can do Japan Day in the country!!!

Excellent! You have your own drag strip!! lol

I can't imagine shoveling that much snow at sea-level oxygen concentrations!

And I bet you get lots of entertainment living on that hill.
Many go down, few come up.

Someone asked me if there was a 24 Hour Fitness gym location up here. I said I didn't need one, shoveling snow and raking pine needles is all I need. Lots of wildlife up here too. Just this morning a pair of coyotes that looked like extras from The Call Of The Wild walked up the street totally fearless, and a couple of weeks ago I saw a big bobcat similarly walking right up the middle of the street in broad daylight.

My back yard:

Buck from deck.jpg

Turkey deck.jpg

Fawn Garme Cam.jpg

Well, despite it being Canada, Toronto area doesn't get a ton of snow. 3 to 4 ft a yr I believe. This yr very light.

But, I don't shovel a lot. Unlike the driveway above (WOW) I have a tiny drive.

What you see here is my cx9 basically covering the entire drive outside my garage. Builder called it an apron drive. In dense burbs north of Toronto, few developments have garages detached from the house, in the back. You pull out of garage into laneway. Those houses you see beyond the vehicle are behind mine, across the laneway. If you visited me and parked out front, no garages or driveways. All homes have wide porches and very small front yards.

i also have garage facing south, sun does a lot of snow work for me.

There is enough room to park the cx9 on this apron drive, and we all also have parking pads beside the garage. It would fit there too, just barely.

So in the morning, when most people go out their front door, i meet my cx9 out in the back.

(Sorry sideways, i tried to fix but now baby crying...)

Attachments

• 20200228_165757.jpg
    20200228_165757.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 140
Last edited:
@GTA-CX9 I switched your attachment preview to “Full image” and that seems to have fixed the orientation.

The CX-9 looks great even when covered in snow! 📸(y)

@GTA-CX9 I switched your attachment preview to “Full image” and that seems to have fixed the orientation.

The CX-9 looks great even when covered in snow! 📸(y)

Hmmm. I still see it sideways, but thank you for the possible fix. Maybe it's my computer or display settings.

It doesn't snow all that much here. We'll go years with nary a flurry. Was a big disappointment as a kid when we moved from Indiana in the early 60s.

The winter before I moved into this place (2009/2010) the state saw a storm that was nearly 4 feet! I already owned the place and decided to wait until the summer to take residence. Man, did I dodge a bullet! I would have been my own Donner party.

Here's a pic at the top of the driveway from one of the few storms we've had since I moved here: rufus

View attachment 222618
We get snow a few times a year but usually just a few inches and it melts within a few days. I am no stranger to snow as I lived in Buffalo NY until I was about ten but I hadn't had to deal with it in many decades. It is a pretty good workout to shovel my driveway as I live above 6000 feet elevation

Last edited:
Back