ND MX-5 Mark’s 2016 ND Build

Sorry for the late reply jeff. I’m using the lamin x too.
ready to install a little tune from Fab9Tuning next week...hoping for a 15hp bump...maybe a bit more....might get a header this rear....then I can take advantage of the full tune for sure.
The car is with me in FL right now. Heading back to NC, next Thursday. I’ll be taking advantage of a auto x or two, and a bunch of cars and coffee meets. I attended a few last year and there was a pretty good contingent of miatas of all yrs and colors. It’s nice being able to drive the car all yr round for the first time and not have to get winter tires and be concerned about all the salt and sand that eat my P5!

Attachments

• BEBA4C26-40FE-4AB4-A1BF-55DEFC202E67.jpeg
    BEBA4C26-40FE-4AB4-A1BF-55DEFC202E67.jpeg
    459.3 KB · Views: 359
My youngest brother bought an RF last year. He put on a supercharger and just installed a header and midpipe. He said those exhaust pieces really woke the car up with the 'charger.

My youngest brother bought an RF last year. He put on a supercharger and just installed a header and midpipe. He said those exhaust pieces really woke the car up with the 'charger.
I bet! I’m a bit concerned with doing any addition power mods, the tranny seems to be the Achilles heal (I have V1) and I’m still under warranty

Hi Antoine, thanks for the props! The car is riding on stock Bilstein’s with Progress springs. Wheels are 17x8 Enkei TS 10’s.
8F4BE875-6E5D-40F6-ABC5-BA44B3445459.jpeg

I have read that if you go with the Edelbrock supercharger and plan to track the car, it is best to include headers (Most are illegal in CA.)

Hi Antoine, thanks for the props! The car is riding on stock Bilstein’s with Progress springs. Wheels are 17x8 Enkei TS 10’s.

Cool...Thanks for the info...That setup has done a great job minimizing wheel gap and those wheels really compliment the car.. (y) How has the ownership experience been? Are you satisfied with the power or want more..?

Cool...Thanks for the info...That setup has done a great job minimizing wheel gap and those wheels really compliment the car.. (y) How has the ownership experience been? Are you satisfied with the power or want more..?
Love the car, honestly I have enough power for the most part. I mean on the track it would be great, but 90%+ time I’m driving on the busy streets of the NE and can’t even use what I have. As you know I had an 04 MSM, love that car too, but the ND is much more refined and has some nice daily driving features that make it real enjoyable to drive long distances which I love to do. The wife and I are doing rte 66 next summer with a buddy and his wife in our ND1 and ND2. I could do that in the MSM...NO cruise for one thing. Can’t wait!

Awesome...Thanks for the feedback...Very interesting to note how it compares to your older MSM.
The wife and I are doing rte 66 next summer with a buddy and his wife in our ND1 and ND2.

What a great idea for a road trip...Hope you can post pics! 📸

The car is looking good! I have always admired your taste in mods. Are those the smoked bumper markers from FM? I'm still hoping that they will make a set for the NC. I have Lamin-X smoked vinyl installed on mine but would prefer the nice clean look of no vinyl. But vinyl is better than amber/red. haha
These are the Lamin x ones....they work

Well all my hitting up the cars and coffee scene and doing some autox here in NC have gone up in Corona smoke! Boy this just crapped out big time. I do get out for some great rides through the back country, but all the things I had planned have just evaporated! At least we’re all safe and healthy. Planning on heading home to MA on May 9th. Robin and I are caravaning. She’s got the cx5 and I’ll be in the Miata, should be fun 😬. She hates driving all that way alone....she’ll be fine I’m sure.
yesterdays ride.

Attachments

• F8A55A28-33CC-482A-BFE7-71614A9BEC59.jpeg
    F8A55A28-33CC-482A-BFE7-71614A9BEC59.jpeg
    543 KB · Views: 347
Thanks Mark, great job! Looking at your pics, I thought they were the FM units.

Wishing you and Robin safe travels home!

Well all my hitting up the cars and coffee scene and doing some autox here in NC have gone up in Corona Virus smoke! Boy this just crapped out big time. I do get out for some great rides through the back country, but all the things I had planned have just evaporated! At least we’re all safe and healthy. Planning on heading home to MA on May 9th. Robin and I are caravaning. She’s got the cx5 and I’ll be in the Miata, should be fun 😬. She hates driving all that way alone....she’ll be fine I’m sure.
yesterdays ride.
Nice pics! 📸

How's the Miata on long road trips? Comfortable? Do the Progress springs take away any comfort?

I drove 10 hours straight from FL to NC, very comfortable for a small 2 seat convertible! I feel the springs improved the ride.

I drove 10 hours straight from FL to NC, very comfortable for a small 2 seat convertible! I feel the springs improved the ride.
Wow...10 hours and comfortable to boot! Very impressive...Sounds like you must be racking up the miles...Experience any mechanical issues so far or has the Miata been trouble free?

I bet! I’m a bit concerned with doing any addition power mods, the tranny seems to be the Achilles heal (I have V1) and I’m still under warranty

I thought Mazda was extending the warranty for all the manual trannies for the ND??

Be careful about the header you buy. For forced induction they say to NOT use a catted header for track use.

Nope, but they’ve replaced some 3 times! I hear mazda is starting to crack down on the replacement with cars that are heavily modified.

Wow...10 hours and comfortable to boot! Very impressive...Sounds like you must be racking up the miles...Experience any mechanical issues so far or has the Miata been trouble free?
I’m at 24k miles, no mechanical issues at all, transmission is working well, although most that have popped were not experiencing an issues beforehand.

Back