CX-5 Turbo Exhaust

Looking to upgrade my muffler to get a more aggressive sound. Looking for recommendations on a new muffler to replace my stock muffler. 2019 CX5 GTR. Thanks in advance.

According to the most recent post in the above thread, one of our site vendors will have an aftermarket exhaust system available in 2-3 weeks.

If you're after a muffler replacement only, there are a lot of universal mufflers that would work. Magnaflow and Borla should be readily available at most exhaust shops - you'd just pay for the muffler, then pay for the shop to cut off the OEM mufflers and weld on the new ones.

To get an idea of sound, I'd figure out which mufflers you want, then search for audio clips on YouTube and Google.

sm1ke thank you very much for your reply. I'm really looking for a direct bolt on solution...want to avoid any welding and cutting. After looking around this forum, it appears the unit from Racing Beat would be a nice choice and apparently the only truly bolt on option.

I had racing beat exhaust on my mazda3 2018 and it was great. Tips filled perfect and quality materials. Definitely recommend.

Good to hear from all you guys. Yeah, I'm no longer a youngster. I want a nice mellow, rumble, kinda like an old school Z28, not something that sounds like there is NO muffler!

The CorkSport exhaust for the 2nd gen CX-5 isn't out yet, and I'm not sure if they'll be releasing different versions for the N/A engine and the 2.5T, but when they do release it, it should be a bolt-on install. Check out the CorkSport catback exhausts for the 2.5T Mazda6 and the 2016+ CX-9. Both cars use the same engine as the CX-5, so the exhaust note should be similar, but not the same - for example the Mazda6 version uses 3 tuned resonators to eliminate drone, while the CX-9 version uses 4 tuned resonators. CorkSport provides some audio clips of each exhaust on their respective product pages.

For the CX-9, they made it possible to purchase only the axleback portion for those who thought the catback exhaust was too loud. Maybe they will provide the same option for the CX-5 GT Reserve and Signature.

Good to hear from all you guys. Yeah, I'm no longer a youngster. I want a nice mellow, rumble, kinda like an old school Z28, not something that sounds like there is NO muffler!
Somehow I have never been able to get my 2L turbo to sound like my 6.0 LS2 or 6.6TA. Not enough cylinders, I guess. Lol.

Hi guys, new to the forum. Is there any update on the status of turbo CX-5 aftermarket exhaust systems? I see corksport, but haven’t seen any other available options.

@Lcharc215 there are a couple more exhaust systems for the GEN2 / 2017+ CX-5

A resource that will be helpful is:

In the document referenced there is a section titled "EXHAUST"

I have a 2019 CX-5 turbo AWD Sig and am waiting for the day Corksport restocks its axleback exhaust!

Does any one know what the weight different between the CS Axleback Exhaust and the stock OE exhaust is..?

Back