2017~2024 clear service reminder?

After resetting "Scheduled" under "Maintenance" the problem seems to be fixed. For good this time, I hope.
Thanks again for your help.
Please keep us posted if the notification displayed again without a proper reason.

I also got confused by the message triggered by “Scheduled” tab initially. And some tried to disable it and was still getting the “Service Past Due” message. I believe the “Scheduled” may have to be enabled and reset it accordingly along with “Oil Change” reset. And try to distinguish the messages between “Service Past Due” from “Scheduled” and “Oil Change Past Due” from Flexible “Oil Change”.

Please keep us posted if the notification displayed again without a proper reason.

I also got confused by the message triggered by “Scheduled” tab initially. And some tried to disable it and was still getting the “Service Past Due” message. I believe the “Scheduled” may have to be enabled and reset it accordingly along with “Oil Change” reset. And try to distinguish the messages between “Service Past Due” from “Scheduled” and “Oil Change Past Due” from Flexible “Oil Change”.
Ok, that did not last. The issue is back.
I am going to email my service advisor at the Mazda dealership. I let them figure it out.

Ok, that did not last. The issue is back.
I am going to email my service advisor at the Mazda dealership. I let them figure it out.
May be you can try using the trip meter switch to reset the powertrain control module (PCM) as the last effort.

Since “Service Past Due” instead of “Oil Change Past Due” is your message, I suspect something related to “Scheduled” maintenance tab hasn’t been reset properly. And make sure to bring up 2 TSBs to your dealer when you take your CX-5 in to fix this problem.

TSB 09-037/18 said:
DESCRIPTION

Some vehicles equipped with MAZDA CONNECT may exhibit the following oil maintenance monitor concerns on the center display:
 The wrench light (Oil Change Due message) cannot be cleared using MAZDA CONNECT/Applications/Vehicle Status Monitor/Maintenance reset menu.
 The wrench light (Oil Change Due message) is displayed before the oil change is due.
This is caused by only one reset procedure being performed when the oil is changed, usually using the center display. Two reset procedures are required, one is using the trip meter switch to reset the powertrain control module (PCM) and the other is using the center display to reset the connectivity master unit (CMU).
To correct this issue, the CMU software has been modified so that the oil maintenance monitor reset operation on the center display resets both the CMU and the PCM at the same time. With this change, the reset operation using the trip meter switch is now unnecessary.
Customers having this concern should have their vehicle repaired using the following repair procedure.

May be you can try using the trip meter switch to reset the powertrain control module (PCM) as the last effort.

Since “Service Past Due” instead of “Oil Change Past Due” is your message, I suspect something related to “Scheduled” maintenance tab hasn’t been reset properly. And make sure to bring up 2 TSBs to your dealer when you take your CX-5 in to fix this problem.
Thanks. Will do.

Any resolution to this? My wife's CX-5 has this "Service Past Due 0 miles" show up intermittently on start-up.

I finally figured it out. Here is how to get rid of the infamous "Service Past Due 0 miles" nag.
On your Infotainment, go to...
  • Applications
  • Vehicle Status Monitor
  • Maintenance
  • Oil Change
  • Setting Interval - Change to Fixed
  • You may find it reads 0 miles, enter desired distance before oil change warning comes up. Personally I don't go beyond 5K miles between oil changes... but that is entirely up to you.
After this you may switch Setting Interval back to Flexible and the setting will hold.

Last edited:
I finally figured it out. Here is how to get rid of the infamous "Service Past Due 0 miles" nag.
  • Applications
  • Vehicle Status Monitor
  • Maintenance
  • Oil Change
  • Enter desired distance before oil change warning comes up. Personally I don't go beyond 5K miles between oil changes... but that is entirely up to you.
After this you may switch Setting Interval back to Flexible and the setting will hold.

That's good news! I will try this!

Thank you!

• Applications
  • Vehicle Status Monitor
  • Maintenance
  • Oil Change
  • Enter desired distance before oil change warning comes up. Personally I don't go beyond 5K miles between oil changes... but that is entirely up to you.
Another software bug waiting to be fixed by Mazda ⋯

What is your model year of your CX-5? I wonder you may need to do the TSB mentioned earlier.

I went in and tried setting the Oil Change setting to fixed from flexible. When I did it read 0 miles, reset it to 5000 and changed from fixed to flexible and no more "service due" at start up so far.

On your Infotainment, go to.
I did what NucPC said in post #46 and that has worked for me! Its been about a week a few hundred miles so far!
Does it matter if the engine is running or just the ignition button pressed once with foot off the brake (automatic trans). I can't reset the oil change. Gives some error after a few seconds. 2019 CX5 Sig.

Does it matter if the engine is running or just the ignition button pressed once with foot off the brake (automatic trans). I can't reset the oil change. Gives some error after a few seconds. 2019 CX5 Sig.

I would recommend trying to reset using the infotainment system first.

Turn the ignition on with engine off (without foot on brake, push start button twice), then follow NucPC’s steps in post #46 with infotainment system.

This of course provided you have CMU (Connectivity Master Unit) software Ver. 70.00.100A or above, or you need to perform the following TSB to update the CMU (see post #25):

TSB 09-037/18 - OIL MAINTENANCE MONITOR RESET CONCERNS
Thanks. Problem happens with cmu150_NA_70.00.335C and cmu150_NA_70.00.352B_updates. IIRC, I only pressed "start" once with foot off brake. I don't know what the difference is since entertainment is on with ignition even with single press. Will try again tomorrow.

Does it matter if the engine is running or just the ignition button pressed once with foot off the brake
You can do it with the engine on or... with your foot off the brake pedal, push the start button twice. Allow the CMU to boot before proceeding.

Thanks. Problem happens with cmu150_NA_70.00.335C and cmu150_NA_70.00.352B_updates. IIRC, I only pressed "start" once with foot off brake. I don't know what the difference is since entertainment is on with ignition even with single press. Will try again tomorrow.

The difference is one press is "accessory" and two press is "on". It does make a difference.

You can do it with the engine on or... with your foot off the brake pedal, push the start button twice. Allow the CMU to boot before proceeding.
At least on my 2016 CX-5, the Maintenance Monitor can only be reset with ignition on without engine running (without foot on brake, push start button twice). If the engine is running all resets in Maintenance Monitor (Vehicle Status Monitor) are disabled.

This’s also true to disable DRLs with official procedures.

At least on my 2016 CX-5, the Maintenance Monitor can only be reset with ignition on without engine running (without foot on brake, push start button twice). If the engine is running all resets in Maintenance Monitor (Vehicle Status Monitor) are disabled.

This’s also true to disable DRLs with official procedures.
Noted. I cannot speak for your model year. The steps I have outlined are for 2017-2020

I tried resetting again using a double tap of "Start" and it worked fine. In my previous tries I only pressed "Start" once to bring-up the Entertainment system screen - where I had access to the App/Vehicle Status Mon/Maintenance menus. I gotta say it certainly isn't obvious that you can't reset Oil Change from there. Seems like the lower level stuff should be "greyed" if they aren't functional.

I'm sure it is documented somewhere and I missed it - that Ign must be On - not just Acc. I wonder if many of the other reported problems resetting Oil Change (and Rotation?) aren't caused by this.

BTW, I know I tried and failed doing this with the engine running. A few seconds after pressing Reset, an error message was displayed. This on a 2019 CX5 Sig.

Back