2017~2024 Crooked Headlights? 2018 GT

Ive been noticing this lately when my headlamps shoot into a wall:

The beam is fine but not a straight line across the top, kind of crooked in the center:
IMG_3213.jpg

this photo is taken from my CX-5 shooting down an entrance ramp into a parking garage floor as an example, its more pronounced on a wall close up.
Is this normal or do I need to get an adjustment?

Mine is a straight line across. There might be a small blip where the two beams meet but it is not as pronounced as your photo.

You should take it back to the dealer to see if a headlight is misaligned.

The beam is fine but not a straight line across the top, kind of crooked in the center:View attachment 222244
this photo is taken from my CX-5 shooting down an entrance ramp into a parking garage floor as an example, its more pronounced on a wall close up.
I think it is normal. For left hand drive cars (North America) the top of the low beam pattern on a wall should look like:
___________/------------
You want the beam lower on the left so that you don't blind oncoming cars.

From a distance, the two separate beam patterns should be cohesive and be as one. The driver's headlight looks a bit low to me. There is a screw on the back of the headlight unit to adjust the beam up/down. Park about 25 feet from a wall and make small adjustments up until both beams are unison...problem solved.

1579109765469.png

The beam is fine but not a straight line across the top, kind of crooked in the center:

It is normal and correct (as others have said).

From a distance, the two separate beam patterns should be cohesive and be as one. The driver's headlight looks a bit low to me.

I don't think so. If you look carefully and draw a line on that photo that intersects the 'peak points' of the two beams it would be parallel to the car. IMO. There's a bit of an optical illusion due to the curve of the windshield that may throw you off.

umm....I don't thing it's supposed to be a straight line from the factory. There's cutoff lines to avoid blinding oncoming drivers. *You need to look at the cutoff against a wall and not the ground.*

On LED models a long screwdriver is all you need to make adjustments.

Aim lights responsibly though.

Latest posts

Back