2014 CX-5 2.2L Diesel with oil pressure problem

Hi all,
My name is Suleira and i own a Mazda CX-5 year 2014. It’s a imported car from Japan. I live in Suriname, South America and bought the car at a car center (Its a normal thing here) since i bought the car (now 8 months) Its giving me problems on problems. The shop where i bought it fixed it 3
Times and after that he just told me the warranty is over i need to pay everything on my own. The problem is i get an oil pressure warning and after that check engine (engine inspection required) i have changed from filters to engine oil to cleaned the whole pan nothing helps. I once scanned the car and the code was p055f engine oil pressure out of range. Is there anyone with the similar problem ?

Hi all,
My name is Suleira and i own a Mazda CX-5 year 2014. It’s a imported car from Japan. I live in Suriname, South America and bought the car at a car center (Its a normal thing here) since i bought the car (now 8 months) Its giving me problems on problems. The shop where i bought it fixed it 3
Times and after that he just told me the warranty is over i need to pay everything on my own. The problem is i get an oil pressure warning and after that check engine (engine inspection required) i have changed from filters to engine oil to cleaned the whole pan nothing helps. I once scanned the car and the code was p055f engine oil pressure out of range. Is there anyone with the similar problem ?
What kind of oil and oil filter you’re using? And what kind of oil viscosity you’re using? 5W-30? Full Synthetic SN oil?

What kind of oil and oil filter you’re using? And what kind of oil viscosity you’re using? 5W-30? Full Synthetic SN oil?
I used 5W-30 didn’t work now i am using 10w-15 synthetic shell ultra. One more thing most of the time if i put fresh oil and filter the car drives normal for like 1 month so most of the time every month i need to change

I would check the oil pressure with a gauge because the pressure sensor may be faulty. Ed

I would check the oil pressure with a gauge because the pressure sensor may be faulty. Ed
That's a good point.

Suleira: What did the shop do when they worked on it those 3 times? Did they tell you?

Which engine do you have in your CX-5 (there are 3 possible). Oil pump going out possibly.. if you are having bearing issues (leading to low oil pressure) you'd hear it. Maybe your OP isn't actually low, but he switch needs to be replaced. If you have a diesel it could be a myriad of issues lol.

Yikes

Which engine do you have in your CX-5 (there are 3 possible). Oil pump going out possibly.. if you are having bearing issues (leading to low oil pressure) you'd hear it. Maybe your OP isn't actually low, but he switch needs to be replaced. If you have a diesel it could be a myriad of issues lol.

Yikes
It’s a mazda 2.2 diesel. They checked the oil pressure and it was actually low. Now they are telling me to change the oil pressure switch

Early diesel versions had problems with the diesel fuel getting into the engine oil and lowering the viscosity. The result is lower oil pressure. That may be why fresh oil is OK until the engine oil is diluted too much. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALL THE DOCUMENTATION so you can request free warranty work beyond the stated mileage. Ed

Early diesel versions had problems with the diesel fuel getting into the engine oil and lowering the viscosity. The result is lower oil pressure. That may be why fresh oil is OK until the engine oil is diluted too much. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ALL THE DOCUMENTATION so you can request free warranty work beyond the stated mileage. Ed

Agree with erhayes, it sounds like that could be the issue. Ensure that you have all the documentation including the dates the car went to the dealer for service. This will show that the problem was brought to the dealer's attention while the car was within warranty, and they simply have not fixed it yet. Escalate to Mazda Corporate if the dealer is not willing to cooperate, and be prepared to find a new dealer for future service/recall work.

Agree with erhayes, it sounds like that could be the issue. Ensure that you have all the documentation including the dates the car went to the dealer for service. This will show that the problem was brought to the dealer's attention while the car was within warranty, and they simply have not fixed it yet. Escalate to Mazda Corporate if the dealer is not willing to cooperate, and be prepared to find a new dealer for future service/recall work.

thank you for responding on my post,
It really makes sense what you just explained me. I have all documentations the car was giving me problems like in the first month. But what can i do to fix this problem? If its what you just explained to me.

It’s a mazda 2.2 diesel. They checked the oil pressure and it was actually low. Now they are telling me to change the oil pressure switch
If you have a 2014 CX-5 with SkyActiv-D 2.2L diesel, and you’re in Suriname, South America which lacks official Mazda service network, I’d suggest you to change a thicker oil which meets ACEA C3 0W-30/5W-30 specs by Mazda, then sell it taking a loss. You have no chance to win for such problematic diesel engine. You should do more research on your next vehicle especially in your environment which may lack legal protection to consumer’s right.

If you have a 2014 CX-5 with SkyActiv-D 2.2L diesel, and you’re in Suriname, South America which lacks official Mazda service network, I’d suggest you to change a thicker oil which meets ACEA C3 0W-30/5W-30 specs by Mazda, then sell it taking a loss. You have no chance to win for such problematic diesel engine. You should do more research on your next vehicle especially in your environment which may lack legal protection to consumer’s right.

i have and bought a lot of cars as i like to drive different cars from time to time, this is the first time that such thing happened to me. I got the mazda as a gift so could not do any research as i always do when i buy :(.

i have and bought a lot of cars as i like to drive different cars from time to time, this is the first time that such thing happened to me. I got the mazda as a gift so could not do any research as i always do when i buy :(.
Even if your low oil pressure is caused only by severe oil dilution, which I doubt it, you’re gonna need several steps of different upgrades on variety of components such as PCM and even the oil level dipstick. And it’ll be hard for you to get such support without official Mazda service network. The DPF regen will be your next problem which has no real solution by Mazda. Then the tropical climate in your country also makes the over-heating problem without any warning on those 2.2L diesel becomes very likely which usually requires a new engine. Give those a deep thought if you still want to keep this CX-5 diesel.

I think MAZDA finally came up with a partial solution for the excess fuel in oil problem. I would contact MAZDA corporate and ask for that information. In addition; review the 2.2 Mazda diesel forum because they may have suggestions. However; since the vehicle has been in use for a considerable amount of time while operating under these conditions, I would probably consider selling it. Ed

This car is really giving me big time problems and seems to be a very big loss... i will update you guys if i have any updates on the car

I mean, if you got it as a gift it can't be that big of a loss, right? I would do as yrwei52 recommended and change the oil, then sell the car.

Yeah, that is what i guess i will do. Even it’s a gift. I got it from my parents. I feel for them...

Totally understandable, but I'm sure they wouldn't want you to keep a car that could be a big financial burden in the future. I think that if they were aware of the situation, they would probably recommend selling it off as well.

It sucks because if you cannot escalate any higher than your dealership, you're at the mercy of the dealership, and it sounds like they aren't willing to assist. The presence of a corporate office in South America may be something to consider for your next purchase (should you decide to sell the car and replace it with something else).

Back