Issues with new site?

enry

Administrator
If you have issues with the new site reach out to Antoine or me by PM or by the contact us. We've done basic test so it should work as expected, but we probably missed something.

Also the indexes are still running so search won't work properly until it completes.

Looks good. Although performance on the older site was MUCH better. This new site doesn’t seem to be slow at all.

@Kaps sorry can you clarify, do you mean it's slow now? Keep in mind we're re-indexing, and I have yet to optimize things. If specific pages are slow, kindly point them out.

Site looks great so far. I have one request already. It was nice to see a "Mark Read" button so we don't have to do a drop-down menu thing but then a confirmation window pops-up which still requires two clicks and you have to move the pointer to another position on the screen which actually takes longer than the old way. Can you make that pop-up go away. It's not like you lose valuable data if you accidentally hit "Mark Read" by mistake. Thanks!

What's New should be something one can limit to a particular forum

e.g. Miata forum and not include posts in SUV forums, etc.

We're back and many thanks to Enry for moving us over in one piece...I believe it took around 28 hours or so but we've been working on this move for over 2 years!

There's still much to do and sort out so please bear with us...

Thanks as well for the feedback so far...I will respond ASAP!

so no way to mark entire site as read ? have to go to each sub area ?
Like Cx5 , or mazda3

I couldn't find it ..... just wondering ............

@Whiter0se Are you still experiencing site speed issues? If so, please let us know...Specific examples of where and when the slow downs are happening would be very much appreciated.

Note that we're still re-indexing the site and making optimizations.

ok, so today , noticed the "mark forums read" , in top left area............

no complaints about this new forum with me now.......
thanks

Site looks great so far. I have one request already. It was nice to see a "Mark Read" button so we don't have to do a drop-down menu thing but then a confirmation window pops-up which still requires two clicks and you have to move the pointer to another position on the screen which actually takes longer than the old way. Can you make that pop-up go away. It's not like you lose valuable data if you accidentally hit "Mark Read" by mistake. Thanks!

@rockethead26 Good point and question...So far it doesn't seem possible within the available options. Still looking into this...Fewer steps is a good thing...A custom solution might be possible...Will update...

@Whiter0se Are you still experiencing site speed issues? If so, please let us know...Specific examples of where and when the slow downs are happening would be very much appreciated.

Note that we're still re-indexing the site and making optimizations.
Nope. It’s just as quick as before. Loads quickly on mobile data (LTE)

The new site looks and functions great. Small issues will no doubt be ironed out in time.

But... the major issue still is...

90% of the posts are still CX-5 related!!! 😩 Can we please limit the number of posts by CX-5 owners to one post a day? 😇

@rockethead26 Good point and question...So far it doesn't seem possible within the available options. Still looking into this...Fewer steps is a good thing...A custom solution might be possible...Will update...

Update for @rockethead26

Unfortunately it doesn't appear possible at this time...Even if you try to by modifying templates etc...We'll have to live with it for now...If anyone comes across a solution, please let us know!

It's possible in the future this will become an option...We'll have to wait and see.

so no way to mark entire site as read ? have to go to each sub area ?
Like Cx5 , or mazda3

I couldn't find it ..... just wondering ............

@joemazdacx5 I added a "Mark forums read" option to the top of the page (under the Forums tab) on Desktop and on Mobile, it's under "Forums" within the main drop down menu. Hope that helps!

What's New should be something one can limit to a particular forum

e.g. Miata forum and not include posts in SUV forums, etc.

@ralf11 I hear ya...I'm still looking into this...Making What's new more customizable...In the meantime, what you could do is use the "Watched" feature and only watch your desired Forums and Threads. Not a perfect solution but an alternative option at least...

The new site looks and functions great. Small issues will no doubt be ironed out in time.

But... the major issue still is...

90% of the posts are still CX-5 related!!! 😩 Can we please limit the number of posts by CX-5 owners to one post a day? 😇

@JazzySP20 lol Love the CX-5 but I'm also a fan of tailorable experiences...I'm looking into ways to make the new platform as user-customizable as possible...Have you tried out the "Watched" feature?

Back