Looks more like a CX-5 than a Mustang.

:
2016.5 CX-5 GT AWD titanium/black 2016 Miata Club ST MT white
Can someone explain to me how and why Ford would call this thing a 'Mustang'?

ford-mach-e-rendering.jpg

It's not a Mustang. They are just using the name because the Mustang name is their 2nd strongest brand.

Wait til they put little 'ponys' on the sides. Fords money maker since the 60s.

Lots of cars are looking like cx's. Its the most efficent shape for the size and capacity.

Wait til they put little 'ponys' on the sides. Fords money maker since the 60s.

Lots of cars are looking like cx's. Its the most efficent shape for the size and capacity.

The "Mustang EV" shares the same shape as the Ford Escape, as well.

Actually, the new Escape should have borrowed more of the Mustang EV's looks, it's very plain.

CR-Cars-InlineHero-2020-Ford-Escape-f-10-19

You posted a rendering based on the leaked trademark filings from before the launch. The actual one is much longer and lower.

dims

Mustang is a popular car with a long history. Appending a suffix to the Mustang name and using it for other models might help sell them. It could also cause some confusion between two different vehicles sharing the same name and currently in production.

Model name sharing and transference has happened before. Ford also did this with the LTD and LTD II a long time ago. Both LTD models were sold at the same time. The Mitsubishi Eclipse used to be a sporty compact car. Now the Eclipse is a small SUV with a suffix of Cross appended to it.

Mustang is a popular car with a long history. Ford probably thinks that appending a suffix to the Mustang name and using it for other models might help sell them. It could also cause confusion between two different vehicles sharing the same name and in production at the same time.

Model name sharing and transference has happened before. Ford also did this with the LTD and LTD II a long time ago. Both LTD models were sold at the same time. The Mitsubishi Eclipse used to be a sporty compact car. Now the Eclipse is a small SUV with a suffix of Cross appended to it.

I'd be borderline offended if I were a Mustang owner (former/current or aspiring) but I'm not/never was so I actually find it amusing how they took the storied nameplate and just crack-whored it out to whatever tf this is-- fwiw looks better than most fords.(rlaugh)

Latest posts

Back