Too Early Warning

Pitter

Pitter
Contributor
:
2020 CX-5 Signature Azul Metalico
My new Signature has 4030 kilometers on it. Now my speedometer is filled with messages that it will be time to change the oil in 970 kilometers or three months. This seems way too early to me and it looks like I'm going to have to live with these messages on my speedometer for a good while before the 5000 kilometer mark rolls around.

My new Signature has 4030 kilometers on it. Now my speedometer is filled with messages that uit will be time to change the oil in 970 kilometers or three months. This seems way too early to me and it looks like I'm going to have to live with these messages on my speedometer for a good while before the 5000 kilometer mark rolls around.
You should be able to check the Flexible Oil Change setup in Infotainment Maintenance Menu and reset the Flexible Oil Change Schedule to clear up the message. See your Owners Manual.

In the US the Flexible Oil Change is the default from factory, and been set up to 7,500 miles or 12 months (whichever comes first) for the first oil change.

You can modify the warning interval or even turn it off. Instructions are in your manual.

Go in the settings and reset it. That's what I do.

edit: Actually I think it's in the applications menu, one on the far left when you hit the home button.

Ok thanks. Found it in the manual and will try it in the car tomorrow.

Yeah i turned off all maintenance alerts in mine. Once had maintenance alert, oil change and low fuel all back to back. Kinda annoying

Thanks to all of you above. I found the settings as you indicated. Only thing is I can't seem to set the "milage to service" below 1000 kilometers. Don't know why. My first service will be due in about 900 kilometers.

Back