Wiper Blades

I got these also but my drivers side jumps and chatters in the rain. The oem ones did not. How does your driver side do in the rain ?

It rained and my driver side Trico wiper worked fine. Make sure that you remove plastic blade protector and your windshield is clean.

Last edited:
the Trico blades were awful, I switched to the Bosch Envision which was much better. I think the OE blades were acceptble as well

the Trico blades were awful, I switched to the Bosch Envision which was much better. I think the OE blades were acceptble as well

Which one are you talking about ? The 2015 or 2018 ? There is a difference between the two gens.

I had some Trico Force wipers when I first bought the CX-5 and ditched the horrendous factory wipers. Then I replaced the Tricos with Bosch Icons and haven't looked back.

Do you have a part # on the Bosch Icons?

When I go to their website and try 2017-2018 the site lists Part number not compatible with 2018 Mazda CX-5. There is no listing for the 2019s.

Does the Bosch Icons connect to the arm with no other adapter?

I had some Trico Force wipers when I first bought the CX-5 and ditched the horrendous factory wipers. Then I replaced the Tricos with Bosch Icons and haven't looked back.

Do you have a part # on the Bosch Icons?

When I go to their website and try 2017-2018 the site lists Part number not compatible with 2018 Mazda CX-5. There is no listing for the 2019s.

Does the Bosch Icons connect to the arm with no other adapter?

I think for the Gen 2 (2017+) you have to use the Bosch Envision.

I plugged in a 2018 CX-5 on the site and these were the part numbers listed for the Envision beam wipers.

Front Left Wiper: EN24OE
Front Right Wiper: EN18OE

Last edited:
I used to swear by BOSCH and used them on every vehicle for years, including our CX5...

However, the last few sets I had purchased for our vehicles, the BOSCH did not last at all... then there was the constant streaking, even after trying to salvage the blades by proper cleaning of the rubber blade.

I got tired of throwing money away on the BOSCH. So while out and about one day, I purchased the RainX brand just to try them out. I kid you not and no BS, the RainX wipers from WalMart work perfectly AND theres no streaking at all. The blades have been installed on both of our vehicles for nearly 1 year now... yes, I know, Walmart and RainX, I can hear the jeers already...

But Im telling you all, they work and have not turned to s*** like the BOSCH, plus theyre far less costly too.

For the rear wiper blade on the CX5, I order the replacements from Advance Auto online:
TRICO
Exact Fit Standard Integral Rear Wiper Blade, 14 Inch
Part # 14-A
Price: $12.99

If you use the Advance Auto 20% or even sometimes the 25% off online code, you can surely reduce the cost of $12.99... LOL

I second the recommendation for silicone blades. I still have the factory blades on my cx5 right now, but I'll be switching soon. I usually get PIAA Si-Tech or whatever fits. They are phenomenal for making rain bead and actually requiring less wiper action. I might give the Rainx silicone a try unless they are poorly rated.

However, I was wondering how this would work with the automatic wipers.

Are you concerned about how the automatic wiper sensor would affect with a silicone coating? I've used a few different kinds of spray on coatings on the windshield as a water repellent with no issues. The only downside is a product buildup on the windshield at the end of the wiper stroke that looks like a thin white line after some wiper use, but this depends on the product used. Otherwise, no functional impact in my experience.

I am on the checkout page at Medcenter mazda for 3 wiper inserts and 3 filters for my Gen1. I am confused as the total is 37 bucks and shipping is 17 bucks on top of that. I thought the more I bought the cheaper shipping should get. Oh well - anyone has like 50% off promo code or something? My OEMs were fine and lasted 3 years. I am trying to see if I can coat or do something about backup camera though and side mirros during misty misty mornings.

I am on the checkout page at Medcenter mazda for 3 wiper inserts and 3 filters for my Gen1. I am confused as the total is 37 bucks and shipping is 17 bucks on top of that. I thought the more I bought the cheaper shipping should get. Oh well - anyone has like 50% off promo code or something? My OEMs were fine and lasted 3 years. I am trying to see if I can coat or do something about backup camera though and side mirros during misty misty mornings.
Shipping is expensive nowadays. It easily costs over $100 for 5 lbs package if you ship to overseas!

Does Med Center Mazda still offer free shipping for order over $100? If it does, get some Mazda moly oils and drain plug washers in addition.

I’d do the same getting 3 rubber refills for my gen-1 CX-5 wiper blades. But if I had a gen-2 CX-5, I probably would get https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned) which is designed for OEM fit to gen-2 CX-5 with Mazdas proprietary hook-up and correct blade length.

I am trying to see if I can coat or do something about backup camera though and side mirros during misty misty mornings.
Good question. My first thought is to try Sea Drops used in diver's masks. I have some and will try. Been rainy here so good time to test.

I second the recommendation for silicone blades. I still have the factory blades on my cx5 right now, but I'll be switching soon. I usually get PIAA Si-Tech or whatever fits. They are phenomenal for making rain bead and actually requiring less wiper action. I might give the Rainx silicone a try unless they are poorly rated.

Rainx silicone don't fit 2017 and newer. I bought a set and had to return even though their website stated at the time that they would fit with their adapter.

Back