2019 Floor Mats?

I have also contacted the manufacturer to find out what kind of material is used in the pins going through the mat and if I need to do anything to prevent future corrosion, such as put silicone on the pins. I'll report back later on what they tell me. I assume that the BD Maxpider's will have the same upgrade in how the badges are attached.

I purchased the Canadian mats in April and they are the new style as well. Just tested the rivets and bar with a magnet and it doesn't stick so it's safe to assume the fasteners are all aluminum. Although they won't corrode as fast as steel rivets, the salt will eventually attack the aluminum so the suggestion to apply some silicone still stands.

I purchased the Canadian mats in April and they are the new style as well. Just tested the rivets and bar with a magnet and it doesn't stick so it's safe to assume the fasteners are all aluminum. Although they won't corrode as fast as steel rivets, the salt will eventually attack the aluminum so the suggestion to apply some silicone still stands.

Fingernail polish works decent on stuff like that.

Thanks everyone for the update on the new rivets system. If the magnets doesnt stick they could aslo be stainless steel, which is also corrosion resistant ( depending on the grade).

I ended up ordering Huskys weatherbeater for my cx-9 before i could see these updates. So far i am very happy with them, the look is more traditional weathertech style but they cover the dead pedal very well, were cheaper and are warrantied for life.

Did you ever cut the cargo net clips for the cargo mat? And how happy are you with the cargo liner? Im debating between these and the OEM heavy duty liner. I like the less plastic/rubbery feel of the Canadian premium OEM floor mats. I had Weather Techs in my Subaru Outback and they seem a bit utilitarian for my spiffy new CX-5.

I did cut them out (trivial job) , and we love the maxpiders, especially after some run time with them (and real cargo/occasional mess/light liquid containment.

We definitely prefer the more muted styling and badging of the maxpiders as opposed to the more heavily embossed Canadian premium, seems to fit the Signature look better (to us). Just personal aesthetics on that point though.

I just contacted U Guard who manufacture the "Canadian" Mazda All Season mats. They told me that the new CX-5 badge clip system is made from aluminium, but had no suggestions as to how to slow down the corrosion that I was experiencing on my last set of mats. Fortunately they offered to send me a new set of badges for free but I think that they will have the old attachment system with the round clips, and not the bar. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth, right!! I will try some silicone and see how that fares over time.

Last edited:
That ground in dirt on your Weather Techs? Scrub it with soap and water. Let dry. Spray with Armorall or 303 Protectant. The mats will look brand new and solid black, no dirt showing. I did this with the WT mats in our 2018 Honda CRV.

I don't like the Weathertechs.

I have a dirt/gravel driveway, and after a week or two the ground in dirt has stained the driver's side to the point I cannot get the original black back...after only 2 weeks. And I'm retired. I don't drive every day.

The mat does not cover the entire left footrest, meaning that the top half of your shoe is on carpet, and it gets dirty.

There is insufficient protection by the gas pedal, and dirt & junk accumulate at the base of it.

That ground in dirt on your Weather Techs? Scrub it with soap and water. Let dry. Spray with Armorall or 303 Protectant. The mats will look brand new and solid black, no dirt showing. I did this with the WT mats in our 2018 Honda CRV.

I just bought the Maxpiders for mine front and rear. I ended up getting A Huskyliner cargo mat as I don*t think Maxpiders makes one. I like the Huskyliners well enough in my Accord. There*s something about WeatherTechs that I never liked. I*ve never owned them but my neighbor has them in a Camry and they move around in the back seat. Maxpiders seem to get good reviews so I*m sure I*ll be happy. Maybe I*ll replace them in my Honda.

I bought a set of "3D MAXpider L1MZ05811509 Black All-Weather Floor Mat for Select Mazda Cx-5 Models Front Row" on Amazon Canada. They fit perfectly well in my 2019, even though the Amazon "Check Fit" says they don't. Maybe because Amazon didn't update their fit catalog. Paid CDN$112.47+taxes (free shipping). They now put a small felt band recovering the 3D badge rivets under the mats.

I bought a set of "3D MAXpider L1MZ05811509 Black All-Weather Floor Mat for Select Mazda Cx-5 Models Front Row" on Amazon Canada. They fit perfectly well in my 2019, even though the Amazon "Check Fit" says they don't. Maybe because Amazon didn't update their fit catalog. Paid CDN$112.47+taxes (free shipping). They now put a small felt band recovering the 3D badge rivets under the mats.

I'm not sure what you mean by "a small felt band recovering the rivets". My Canadian CX-5 All weather mats have a metal band attached to the rivets. Can you attach a picture.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what you mean by "a small felt band recovering the rivets". My Canadian CX-5 All weather mats have a metal band attached to the rivets. Can you attach a picture.

My Maxpiders just arrived today. The passenger side has this felt pad 1x3 inch maybe 1/16 thick glued to the rivets. The driver side just had the rivets. I*m not sure why they would put it on other than thinking the rivets could damage the carpet somehow.
The fit, look and quality of these are incredible. The Huskyliner for the cargo area pales in comparison. I have huskys for the Honda and I*m happy with them overall. Huskyliners seem to do a better job on their smaller mats. With that said, I now want Maxpiders for my Accord.

My Maxpiders just arrived today. The passenger side has this felt pad 1x3 inch maybe 1/16 thick glued to the rivets. The driver side just had the rivets. I*m not sure why they would put it on other than thinking the rivets could damage the carpet somehow.
The fit, look and quality of these are incredible. The Huskyliner for the cargo area pales in comparison. I have huskys for the Honda and I*m happy with them overall. Huskyliners seem to do a better job on their smaller mats. With that said, I now want Maxpiders for my Accord.

I just double checked my front mats. Neither the driver nor passenger sides have a "felt" pad covering the metal plate attached to the rivets. My assumption is that they added the felt pad to the passenger side in the past month or so, to prevent the plate from scratching the top of the hinged metal cover on the floor which covers the VIN plate.

Here is what mine looks like:

Attachments

• Mat 2.jpg
    Mat 2.jpg
    960.4 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:
Hi,

Attached are pictures, with and without the band. It's nothing special and anyone can make its own. it's not glued but stays in place more or less like a velcro would. Keep in mind that this is on the "3D" mats and not on the Mazda mats.

Cheers.

Attachments

• 20190714_110225-1_1563118589413_resized.jpg
    20190714_110225-1_1563118589413_resized.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 271
  • 20190714_110258-1_1563118588610_resized.jpg
    20190714_110258-1_1563118588610_resized.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 235
Back