Anybody have the OEM illuminated door sills on their 2019 CX-9?

:
CX9
I've searched the forum a couple of times looking for this topic without success. I'm curious about the factory illuminated door sills but the Mazda website doesn't have a photo of them or any details other than the price. My dealer parts guy was unable to find anything using his resources either- he wasn't even clear if they could be ordered, they didn't appear to be in stock. I think the plastic sills on the CX-9 are sort of low end for such a nice vehicle and maybe the GT and Signature at least would have something aluminum to match the other trim in the cabin. My last two cars had them and they're a nice touch even though they don't get seen very often.

I've searched the forum a couple of times looking for this topic without success. I'm curious about the factory illuminated door sills but the Mazda website doesn't have a photo of them or any details other than the price. My dealer parts guy was unable to find anything using his resources either- he wasn't even clear if they could be ordered, they didn't appear to be in stock. I think the plastic sills on the CX-9 are sort of low end for such a nice vehicle and maybe the GT and Signature at least would have something aluminum to match the other trim in the cabin. My last two cars had them and they're a nice touch even though they don't get seen very often.

I wish I could see pics installed of the actual product as well. My previous car had illuminated door sills and like you said, they're a nice touch that I would appreciate.

I wish I could see pics installed of the actual product as well. My previous car had illuminated door sills and like you said, they're a nice touch that I would appreciate.

Here is a picture of mine. They add a really nice touch to the signature. They automatically turn off after about 30 seconds or so.

Here is a picture of mine. They add a really nice touch to the signature. They automatically turn off after about 30 seconds or so.

They look great. You're in the U.S. market?

these are battery powered, correct?

how long does the battery last(especially in cold climate)? Coin cells are terrible in cold weather.

https://sep.yimg.com/ty/cdn/yhst-24809172479195/KA0G-V1-370.pdf

It would be nice if there was a clean way to wire these.

edit. $500 for a set of battery powered door sills seems bit excessive

I have no idea how long they last. Im pretty sure they are the original battery and the car is probably about a year old. I agree 500 sounds like a lot and Id have a hard time forking that over for some door sills after I purchased the car as Id rather put it towards wheels. Thankfully they already came with the car along with the roof rails when I bought the car used with 4500 miles.

Thanks for sharing jefabian. I'm really surprised that for $549 that they're battery powered and not hard wired into the car. As I mentioned when I posted this question my dealer parts guy had very little information in his system, no photo, and he said it looked like they couldn't even be ordered for the dealer to install them. I did find another thread on the forum and it looks like in Australia you can get these (https://www.mazda.com.au/accessory/TC11ACSCU) non-illuminated 'scuff plates' for $196.97 USD (today's exchange rate) over there. I think they look nice and wonder why they're not offered in the North American market?

I*m pretty sure they are the factory option and not stock. I watched a couple 2018 signature review videos and did not see them.

There are no factory options for the Signature. They could be a dealer or port installed accessory.

I would really appreciate if someone can provide me with the part number of the illuminated plates for the CX-9

My local dealer said they can order one from Mazda Japan, but I need to provide the part number

I would really appreciate if someone can provide me with the part number of the illuminated plates for the CX-9

My local dealer said they can order one from Mazda Japan, but I need to provide the part number

Found them here: https://www.mazdaswag.com/oem-parts/mazda-door-sill-trim-plate-illuminated-tk78v1370?origin=pla&gclid=Cj0KCQjwgLLoBRDyARIsACRAZe4KDUSPu_T4SDAHS-GmpY-HzjdCNjIkr22Sjwm5YaNzO1P7rvrzM3gaAl5vEALw_wcB

Hope this helps.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Thanks a lot for the quick responses

You're welcome, I just ordered mine with a $100.00 off. Since I didn't mount the side step rails, due to fitment issues, therefore, I substituted this option in it's place. I've been thinking about adding this option to my Sig for awhile. I don't now whether to thank you or blame you :). It looks very classy, so I'm excited. Who's next, you Sm1ke???

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

You're welcome, I just ordered mine with a $100.00 off. Since I didn't mount the side step rails, due to fitment issues, therefore, I substituted this option in it's place. I've been thinking about adding this option to my Sig for awhile. I don't now whether to thank you or blame you :). It looks very classy, so I'm excited. Who's next, you Sm1ke???

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Lol, who knows. I think I'll postpone this one for a while, there are other mods I'd really like to do before this one.

Ok, I installed the 2018 CX-9 Illuminated Door Sills, or rather had the Mazda dealer perform the installation. At first, I was not happy with the purchase, but after seeing it installed it adds a certain amount of style. Even the Mazda reps were impressed, one rep stated that it should be standard on the Signature. I agree.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

Last edited:
Ok, I installed the 2018 CX-9 Illuminated Door Sills, or rather had the Mazda dealer to perform the installation. At first, I was not happy with the purchase at first, but after seeing it installed it adds a certain amount of style.

Peace and blessings,

Azeke

can you share some photos

Back