2017~2024 To anyone considering lowering springs

:
2019 CX 5 Signature
Been cruising the forum a while considering mildly lowering my 2019 Sig CX5. After hearing reviews by the rather small sample size of pioneers on this forum, I went with the Eibach Pro-Kit. Result=LOVE IT!! Visually=just what I was hoping for. Handling=just what I was hoping for. Ride/comfort= not much noticeable difference from stock. Only had about 1000 miles prior to modification but had a 2016 also so I know what the stock ride feels like. I've put about 1000 miles since the Eibach upgrade and just slightly stiffer, but just slightly.
Moral of the story, go for it. Won't regret it. My first post ever and I'm loading pictures so pray for me.
Also swapped out the exhaust tips and I guess I'll post that in the appearance/accessories area.

Attachments

• 20190421_134654.jpg
    20190421_134654.jpg
    667.4 KB · Views: 5,359
  • 20190527_111732.jpg
    20190527_111732.jpg
    454.4 KB · Views: 4,931
Great job. Looks good.
I have the first gen and I'm lowered on CS springs(3-1/4"). It is hard core and I still don't regret it. I'm 52, with lower back pain(disk issues).

How does it BEHAVE differently, though? Stiffer doesn't mean better, how is it playing with the rest of the setup?

Stiffer wasn't meant to mean better. just stiffer. As in not as soft over bumps, through pot holes. A little more to the sporty side and less Lincoln town car like. Behaves= flatter on curves, less body roll as you would expect with a vehicle that's lower to the ground. I'll rarely benefit from the improved handling as I drive fairly conservatively. I thought it was worth mentioning for those looking for the improved driving experience as opposed to myself who was mostly interested in the aesthetics.

I hate to ask, but if I want to do this on my 2019, would I negatively affect the warranty on anything?

I've never done mods on a new cars before (lighting, different size wheels, suspension parts, etc).
Does the dealer have to prove that the mods caused an issue?
Do I have to prove that they did not?

No need for any springs, just get anchorwoman to sit in. (Don*t tell her I said it).

(rofl) Good one!

I've thought about lowering, but then I realized I bought the vehicle because I like sitting higher off the ground.

That said, I always like the pics, looks great.

Love the lowered look and prefer a sportier feel. I*m adding this to my wish list!! Just picked up 2019 Sig today. My list is growing. Thanks for posting the info and pics

Both look great! When I got my 2019 I said I wasn*t going do the things I did to my 3 such as wheels, springs, sway bars, shocks and more. Damn you for posting these pics, LOL. :)

So, this weekend I installed the Eibach springs on my 2017 GT myself. I've never replaced springs before, and the fronts were a bit of a challenge (and nerves) dealing with the spring compressor. It was without a doubt the biggest "job" I've ever done on a vehicle. Took me about 5 hours on one side, about 3.5 on the other (no rush, took my time). Tough part was dealing with rusted/frozen bolts. The real "trick" for a first timer like me was having clear instructions, which I was able to download from the CorkSport website. Instructions were perfect, had pictures, and contained all the torque specs. I had to rent (free) the spring compressor and torque wrench from AutoZone. Car rides great, looks great, and I'll post a pic later this week once I get it washed. I have an appt. at the Mazda dealer on Wednesday to have the alignment checked. It looks like there's more negative camber on the rears. I don't believe the rears allow for camber adjustment - can someone please confirm? I found a company (on eBay) called Godspeed that sells rear camber adjustment arms for ~$150. I'll have to ask the Mazda tech what he thinks about whether or not it they're necessary. It appears from what I've read on this website that some of you have not bothered with an alignment, and that some of you have had an alignment performed.

Ask that question, before they make the alignment.
Also, it is recommended to drive it a while, to let them settle a bit, before you make an alignment. ~1000 miles.
I have made my own lateral links, adjustable. I like to be unique :)

It's amazing that there are 2 completely different takes on springs settling and waiting for an alignment. Talked to one performance shop and they laughed when I asked about them Installing and then coming back for an alignment. They said you don't need to wait. He said quality springs don't settle to any noticable extent. Asked another shop and they said yaaaa sure drive it a few days and come back for an alignment let them settle. Wtf? I plan to have them installed and the car aligned same day. On my mustang I did the same thing and had no issues. But to be honest, I wonder what the real truth is

It's amazing that there are 2 completely different takes on springs settling and waiting for an alignment. Talked to one performance shop and they laughed when I asked about them Installing and then coming back for an alignment. They said you don't need to wait. He said quality springs don't settle to any noticable extent. Asked another shop and they said yaaaa sure drive it a few days and come back for an alignment let them settle. Wtf? I plan to have them installed and the car aligned same day. On my mustang I did the same thing and had no issues. But to be honest, I wonder what the real truth is

I think a drive around the block would take care or any settling. I didnt wait when I did my 3.

Most likely they say that, to take your money on the spot. If you drive away, you may not go back there.

Back