Post Pictures of Your CX-5 Mods, Upgrades and Accessories!

Did you get the paint corrected to remove "dealer-installed swirls" before PPF went on?

Yeah, the guy that did the work is something of a perfectionist. His client base is almost entirely German brands and Tesla. The cars before and after mine were a big AMG Mercedes and a Tesla S. Complete wraps and ceramic application on both to the tune of $9K and $6.1K respectively. Despite being in business for many years, this was the first CX-5 he had ever done. I asked him before hand if he wanted me to go over the car with clay before dropping it off and he asked me not to, said he likes to do ALL the prep work himself. Car has 215 miles on it, so yeah, anything wrong with the paint was a dealer installed "option".

Mantra 7, I think you can find colour-matched plastic plugs online. Sometimes the dealer's Service Desk can order the part for you (Honda sells OEM painted bumper plugs, for example), but a quick search on eBay didn't yield anything.

The ppf guy said the same thing, he's seen white pearl plugs before, they were on either an Audi or BMW, I can't remember which. Just have to keep looking.

Good find Sparty, they were hiding in plain sight with that web address. Since you've already ordered them I'll wait and see how they look, hoping you will be kind enough to post a couple of pics before and after you install them.

Good find Sparty, they were hiding in plain sight with that web address. Since you've already ordered them I'll wait and see how they look, hoping you will be kind enough to post a couple of pics before and after you install them.

Will do! They sent me an update on my order that included some instructions:

"Please follow the instructions in the package. You may need to open the hole a bit on your vehicle for proper installation. It is imperative not to push on the cap edge when installing, as this can break the finish. Push only from the center of the plug, using your thumb or the bottom of your open palm. These parts are fragile and should be handled carefully. Full instructions will be in the package."

There is some curvature in the bumper where those holes are...hoping that won't create an issue with the edge of the plugs. Thinking it might help to install them on a warm day.

Since I'm new here, I'll try to post a pic here soon...wish me luck! lol

This is the wife's 2019 GT-R:

This One GT-R.jpg

2019 signature
-oem front and rear bumper trim
-oem side window deflectors
-oem rear bumper guard
- high gloss black front trim
- high gloss black roof

The side window deflectors are very flush to the window and doesn't make any wind noise unless
there are very strong cross winds. Highly recommended.

cx-5 (1).jpg
cx-5 (2).jpg
cx-5 (3).jpg

Wow you can get a different color roof? Factory option? I'm assuming that it's normal paint anyway, which should resist scratching and marring far better than the gloss black plastic. I wonder if it affects how hot the car gets in summer heat?

Wow you can get a different color roof? Factory option? I'm assuming that it's normal paint anyway, which should resist scratching and marring far better than the gloss black plastic. I wonder if it affects how hot the car gets in summer heat?

the high gloss black roof is Autoflex aftermarket paint (look it up, it's great stuff), it protects your car and can also be peeled off if you want a new color, it's also self healing, it lasts about 5-7 years.
I've had black vinyl on my previous car and did not really notice any more heat than usual.
The vinyl scratched too easily and wanted to try something new that all the cool kids are doing these days...ha!

Got them in today's mail and will have them on sometime this weekend (I'll upload more pics when I do). Seems to be a good paint match and they're a little smaller than I thought they would be, but I think that'll help since the bumper is curved in that area. I think the dealer we got it from used some caulk in the holes, but hopefully they'll clean up...although I'm not sure if I'm going to need to try and file that edge at the top of both holes. I can't think of anything I might have around the house that I could use to deburr them (so to speak).

Plug 1.jpg
Plug 2.jpg
Plug 3.jpg
Plug 4.jpg

Got them in today's mail and will have them on sometime this weekend (I'll upload more pics when I do). Seems to be a good paint match and they're a little smaller than I thought they would be, but I think that'll help since the bumper is curved in that area. I think the dealer we got it from used some caulk in the holes, but hopefully they'll clean up...although I'm not sure if I'm going to need to try and file that edge at the top of both holes. I can't think of anything I might have around the house that I could use to deburr them (so to speak).

View attachment 220648
View attachment 220649
View attachment 220650
View attachment 220651

Thanks for the update, they are actually a little bigger than I thought they would be. $27 seems a bit steep for what they are, but I think they are definitely the best option if your bumper came with holes already drilled in it (like my Dad's did).

I agree that $27 is a bit steep...the wife wanted to find some black ones or red ones(she wants to do some red accents and black powder coating the OEM wheels), but I think black/red plugs wouldn't look right and it'd be obvious that they're plugs for the license plate. I was hoping that these ones would make it look like they're sensors and meant to be there.

Anyhow...I should have put them next to a ruler. The head on the plug measures just a tad under 9/16".

I'll have to figure out a way to deburr those holes though...I'm only going to get one shot at it, so it has to be right the first time.

I agree that $27 is a bit steep...the wife wanted to find some black ones or red ones(she wants to do some red accents and black powder coating the OEM wheels), but I think black/red plugs wouldn't look right and it'd be obvious that they're plugs for the license plate. I was hoping that these ones would make it look like they're sensors and meant to be there.

Anyhow...I should have put them next to a ruler. The head on the plug measures just a tad under 9/16".

I'll have to figure out a way to deburr those holes though...I'm only going to get one shot at it, so it has to be right the first time.

I agree, black or red ones wouldn't look good, I'd rather just have the holes. I wonder if you could just buy some of those same plastic rivets (they sell them at auto body supply shops and parts stores) and paint the heads the same color with touch up?

ff11aab54b2fdc5754d7dc51af52a4db.jpg

Got this new lip, I like this better then the Greddy lip I had in the past [emoji16]
ae968394af37eca6334e270b6549b446.jpg
c0f1ea71ce2bcce5d3ae499c00bee854.jpg

ff670ae28a1db61bdadc36ad41706d52.jpg

Last edited:
d1446ad2adf61b6c2617a5c2967172b1.jpg
64cadae523d101d745c8e464d00bbabf.jpg
9d4ed973128026f907cbe4c740857182.jpg

Test fitting MV tuning flares, definitely needs new wide wheels and moderate drop. More to come later.[emoji6]

Following their long passage from China, just added some inexpensive door sill protectors.

46739410912_7b75f968c1_c.jpg

Ordered them here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned)

Nice product for the money. (Yes, the interior plastic piece needs cleaning.)
The red section is a separate part that is best attached with the provided 3M tape before installation on the vehicle.
The red is a reasonably-close match to the Soul Red Crystal paint ... a plus.
Left and right parts aren't labeled, but test fitting quickly determines which is which.
Nice fit on the vehicle and offers more coverage than the lighted Mazda door sills left in my traded '17.

Turborascal, what is the printed word next to CX-5? Sports? Can't read it either on the matching listings I see both on Amazon and eBay. (uhm)

Back