CX-5 Pricing

Blake123

:
Mazda 6
Hi,

With Mazda wanting to enter the premium/luxury car space, how much more do you think that they will continue to raise the prices of the CX-5 in the next few years? I just leased a 2018 GT (Great SUV) and definitely want to lease another CX-5 in a few years but if the prices get too high I might have to look at other car manufacturers for suvs unfortunately. I know its impossible to predict what the prices will be in the future just curious what everyones thoughts are on it. Thanks

Hi,

With Mazda wanting to enter the premium/luxury car space, how much more do you think that they will continue to raise the prices of the CX-5 in the next few years? I just leased a 2018 GT (Great SUV) and definitely want to lease another CX-5 in a few years but if the prices get too high I might have to look at other car manufacturers for suvs unfortunately. I know it*s impossible to predict what the prices will be in the future just curious what everyone*s thoughts are on it. Thanks

Probably not a lot honestly. They're were really behind the curve for the dollar regarding features vs. cost compared to others, until just now.

Hi,

With Mazda wanting to enter the premium/luxury car space, how much more do you think that they will continue to raise the prices of the CX-5 in the next few years? I just leased a 2018 GT (Great SUV) and definitely want to lease another CX-5 in a few years but if the prices get too high I might have to look at other car manufacturers for suvs unfortunately. I know its impossible to predict what the prices will be in the future just curious what everyones thoughts are on it. Thanks

Nice choice on the CX-5 Lease!

I do not think you have to worry. What you see is not really Mazda raising it's prices, but rather expanding it's current models options to appeal to more buyers.

One thing I find interesting is the breadth of option packages and features an auto or truck manufacturer can fit to a particular model to appeal to maximum buyer price levels. Right now I think the Dodge Challenger has the largest spread. $27,000-$72,000 depending on options.(wow)

Price increases are a certainty year after year. What is uncertain are the interest rates and money factors when leasing. There is also uncertainty at the current time as to how tariffs will or will not affect imports. Mazda and others also change their incentives. For example, Mazda used to have 0.9% financing and $500 loyalty rebates but since interest rates have climbed, they upped the loyalty rebate to $750.

My advice to the OP is to just enjoy your CX-5 now and whatever prices are when you're in the market for another, you'll have to deal with it at that point and negotiate your best deal just like you did now.

I don't think there will be any significant price increases over the rest of the Gen 2 CX-5 lifetime, which I think still has a few years to go. Aside from the price increases at each trim level going from Gen 1 to Gen 2, the Gen 2 trim pricing has largely been the same, minimal increases maybe from 2017 MY on with the larger increases coming in the form of new top level trims (GT-R, and Signature). Gen 3, who knows? (shrug)

Last edited:
What you see is not really Mazda raising it's prices, but rather expanding it's current models options to appeal to more buyers.

I just looked at Mazda's web site and compared pricing for the 2018 GT AWD ($31,940) vs 2019 GT AWD ($32,440) a $500 increase*. I don't know offhand whether the 2019 includes options that were extra or not available on the 2018 GT but I think Mazda wants to go up market in search of higher profit margins. This is why we can't buy a 2019 Touring model with an option to add 2.5T engine. Mazda isn't happy with the profit they would make on just the engine upgrade, they want to use it as carrot to lead people to much costlier, and more profitable, trim levels.

-kp
*edited my original post, I had made a mistake and thought the 2018 AWD was only $30,640.

Last edited:
No, those prices that this guy put here are wrong. The price on the GT went up by just $500.

You are correct that I was incorrect. Looks like I neglected to click on the AWD option for the 2018 which gave me a lower price for the 2018. I will correct my original post.

-kp

Back