CX-5 Android Auto / Apple CarPlay

Ok, is there anyway to control Waze or google maps with voice commands in apple CarPlay?

Waze cant seem to understand me but its there technically. Havent tried Google maps but Apple maps supports that well and honestly works fine for me.

OK, your enthusiasm is tilting me towards doing the AIO hack before the dealer puts in AA/ACP later this month.
What is the Bringback script? -- I'm going to have to research this a bit more.
We got our CX-5 in June 2017.
If you run the auto recovery script and autorun, separately after you run the hack, it will bring back your access yo using the USB method after a firmware update. A couple people have confirmed that it even renabled touch while moving and no disclaimer automatically.

If you run the auto recovery script and autorun, separately after you run the hack, it will bring back your access yo using the USB method after a firmware update. A couple people have confirmed that it even renabled touch while moving and no disclaimer automatically.

I see, so the benefit being any future hacks won't need to be the serial cable route.

Curious if anyone has successfully asked the dealer to upgrade just the firmware to v70, and if they did it for free? Was there anything in particular you mentioned, such as a bug/fix that prompted them to do the upgrade? I feel confident in my ability to install the hardware, but think I would prefer the dealer to install the firmware.

Curious if anyone has successfully asked the dealer to upgrade just the firmware to v70, and if they did it for free? Was there anything in particular you mentioned, such as a bug/fix that prompted them to do the upgrade? I feel confident in my ability to install the hardware, but think I would prefer the dealer to install the firmware.

My dealership installed the updated firmware at no charge on both my CX-5 and my Miata prior to me installing the CarPlay hardware in both cars.
This was prior to the "official" release of CarPlay for either car.

Keep in mind that I have a long-term relationship with my service advisor and the service manager.
Mentioning something like "drops bluetooth connection" enables them to charge it to warranty and be reimbursed by MNAO.

They also performed the update from 70.xx.021 to 70.xx.100 in my Miata at no charge when I took the car in for its safety inspection this past Tuesday.
I'm not having the CX-5 done; as I'm hoping the incoming '19 already has the latest firmware.

It does feel snappier to me outside of CarPlay. Not sure if its just cause it got hard reboot or if anything is actually better though.

Mentioning something like "drops bluetooth connection" enables them to charge it to warranty and be reimbursed by MNAO.

Is this a common issue with 59xx?? And is 70 supposed to address it?

I've started having just that problem recently, whereas it was flawless for the first year. It drops the connection randomly. But when I go to the phone, it show's BT turned OFF, so I was thinking it was more likely a phone issue.

If BT is off on your phone that would be a phone issue imo. I dont think the car can tell your phone to turn off Bluetooth altogether.

If BT is off on your phone that would be a phone issue imo. I don*t think the car can tell your phone to turn off Bluetooth altogether.

Is that a common [or not uncommon] with androids? It doesn't drop BT anytime I'm using it in the house, just in the car. I guess I'll have to try another phone in the car and see.

Any insight is appreciated; I'm not a phone geek.

Is that a common [or not uncommon] with androids? It doesn't drop BT anytime I'm using it in the house, just in the car. I guess I'll have to try another phone in the car and see.

I feel like if I answer this question Ill start a war....

Im an iPhone guy but I do obviously have friends/coworkers who are android guys/gals. I do observe them often fretting about BT issues so I think that at least with some specific phones there are in fact more issues.

I play PoGo and I remember one time where two of them went on for hours about getting the Gotcha (BT Accessory) to connect to their phones which I think was a couple generations back Samsung something or another.

I havent really had any BT issues with the Mazda using an iPhone. My main gripe isnt you cant set a priority. My wife and I both have our phones paired so if were both in the car.... its like flip a coin on whos phone connects. Previous car was a Ford and you could mark one phone as the primary and if there were any other phones it would connect to that one.

Mazda Canada release some videos on AA FWIW

[video]http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkHzfTcidFQ80fV8nsdV8EVV-4Z-E4jds[/video]

I wonder if it may have something to do with different bluetooth versions?

I wonder if it may have something to do with different bluetooth versions?

That would make sense. I can't see how it could be relevant, but I THINK it started soon after I got some headphones with BT5 that I use with the phone around the house. The phone and car are some versions of BT4. Coincidence? If not, what's the connection?

Does BT get "flakey" with age? If it fails on your phone, is there a way to reinstall and/or repair BT, or would it be time for a new phone?

[Apologies if this is too OT for some.]

Is this a common issue with 59xx?? And is 70 supposed to address it?

I've started having just that problem recently, whereas it was flawless for the first year. It drops the connection randomly. But when I go to the phone, it show's BT turned OFF, so I was thinking it was more likely a phone issue.

Not common that I know of ... but it does provide "cover" for the dealership to be reimbirsed by MNAO for performing the update.

Will the phone use the GPS signal from CX-5 GPS module when it's connect with ACP/AA?

Hi,

AFAIK, CX-5 come with the GPS hardware module standard even though you don't have the navigation SW installed.

So I'm wondering when the phone is connected with Apple CarPlay or Andriod Auto, will the phone use the GPS signal from the car instead of from the chips on the phone. Theoretically it may achieve better signal reception because the car's GPS signal is coming from an antenna which supposed to be well placed in the area which has good signal reception(I'm not sure if it's on the roof though). And meanwhile, if the phone navigation SW programmed properly, it can still use phone's WIFI/cellphone signals to speed-up or enhance the location fix at the beginning phase. So the GPS signal switch should do no harm.

It should also help improve GPS signal if you decide to put your phone inside the arm-console when you driving.

When I going through the installation related docs(You can find the docs inside this thread). I find following statement which may imply it's the case:
"When using Android Auto, location, speed, and other vehicle data is transferred to your smart phone. For further details, refer to Googles Privacy Policy."

Unfortunately, I don't have the upgrade package installed yet. Is there anyone get ACP/AA installed interested to get a quick test? Just by turn-off the GPS on your phone and check if the navigation app still works?

As a person who likes cars for driving and not so much for being an entertainment system, what makes AA so great that people are willing to plunk down so much money to get AA?

This has been asked and answered a few times already... and very little of it actually has anything to do with 'entertainment'.
I'm not the biggest AA fan but I understand the draw.
Y'know that little speaker voice icon thingy on the steering wheel? Let me guess: you don't actually use it, do you? I bet hardly anyone does. Now imagine if it was actually useful. Imagine if you could click that and say "Text wife I'll be home in 10 minutes". Or "navigate to huntington beach". That alone is worth it to many.
I don't hate Mazda's nav like some here do so. A lot people like it because they can use Google Maps on the screen and not just over BT.

Thanks. I went out and tried the Mazda talk button, first time trying it. It's not terrible. Now I get why people would want their phone to be the interface.

Back