CX-5 Beauty Shot Thread

vCHm4ku.jpg

2015 2.5L AWD CX5 GT. Picked it up CPO (former leaser) on the 4th.

Put my first ding on it when I popped a curb I couldn't see in the rain... it's small and just on the underside of the black plastic runner under the front bumper, but I know it's there...

Otherwise, loving it so far :D

CX-5 in Puerto Rico.
Also shocked to see a CX3 in St Marteen yesterday. [emoji106]
ab36053279def2e9f9975ef8b6180d0b.jpg

qdPJ7fR.jpg

Summer is over, booo

Wow. This is one of the few cx5 shots I've seen that looks GOOD to me, like something I'd think was cool to drive. I'll be honest, if we get the 2.5T here, it's going to be hard for me not to buy one if mazda does a performance warm over like Jeep does with the SRT (wider tires, stiffer suspension, better brakes, etc). Your pic gives me color scheme ideas.

Pretty sure he's talking about the 6.
Just about every review calls it the best sedan for a driver to buy in that class but the new engine is good...not great.
Which I do find funny because this same complaint is not made about the CX9.
cb9ffe26fc4c22ae0c6962fa7c6d0c90.jpg

We*re waiting to drive and maybe buy the new turbo. I checked out the 6 reviews like mentioned. I*ll check some 9 reviews, great idea.

qdPJ7fR.jpg

Summer is over, booo

How does it tow on hills/mountains with the jetski? Also, any issue from launching ramps (assuming your is a fwd drive)? I have a single jetski (2017 yamaha fx sho). Looking to replace my old Tacoma with a new CX5 (probably 2.5).

Last edited:
Hi Tony, pm isn*t working so I*ll reply here. My weight is approx 2100lbs and I*m happy the tongue weight doesn*t depress my OEM rear springs much at all, so that*s a good thing. Another positive is the cx5 pulls them up my VERY steep marina ramp like a champ.
On the downside, I live on top a of a series of very steep hills and I have to manually keep the transmission in the low gears or it will lug then scream into a lower gear mid hill. I baby this car so my 1 mile trip to my house is just putting along at 15-20 mph. I*d never roadtrip with this set up. I put the skis in in the spring and pull them out in the fall.
Now at 1000lbs, I*d pull that ANYWHERE in my cx5 (14 2.5 AWD)
Hope that helps. I*ll grab a picture of my ramp so you can realistically see what can be done.
Cheers, Rick

Hi Tony, pm isn*t working so I*ll reply here. My weight is approx 2100lbs and I*m happy the tongue weight doesn*t depress my OEM rear springs much at all, so that*s a good thing. Another positive is the cx5 pulls them up my VERY steep marina ramp like a champ.
On the downside, I live on top a of a series of very steep hills and I have to manually keep the transmission in the low gears or it will lug then scream into a lower gear mid hill. I baby this car so my 1 mile trip to my house is just putting along at 15-20 mph. I*d never roadtrip with this set up. I put the skis in in the spring and pull them out in the fall.
Now at 1000lbs, I*d pull that ANYWHERE in my cx5 (14 2.5 AWD)
Hope that helps. I*ll grab a picture of my ramp so you can realistically see what can be done.
Cheers, Rick

Thanks. Total weight is 1200lbs, so I think it should be fine with fwd on ramps.

Back