Would you buy? CX-6

To my eye the space between the outer body metal and the interior trim has decreased. High tensile steel and better soundproofing and insulation make everything thinner and stronger. With that they can expand the interior.
Remember, Mazda designed the CX5 and many of their other cars from scratch.

To my eye the space between the outer body metal and the interior trim has decreased. High tensile steel and better soundproofing and insulation make everything thinner and stronger. With that they can expand the interior.
Remember, Mazda designed the CX5 and many of their other cars from scratch.

Yes but CX-5 came from mixture of the 3 & 6

Yes but CX-5 came from mixture of the 3 & 6

Yes but were they not from the same SkyActiv chassis? My understanding was that SkyActiv meant a whole new beginning and start from scratch on everything, thus new engines, transmissions and chassis. Supposedly it was to erase Ford from everything though that took a few years.

Yes but were they not from the same SkyActiv chassis? My understanding was that SkyActiv meant a whole new beginning and start from scratch on everything, thus new engines, transmissions and chassis. Supposedly it was to erase Ford from everything though that took a few years.

Yes SkyActiv is all new and Mazda owned.

They have used it in the 6 first then applied it to the CX-5 with a certain aspects of the 3 included well even though the 3 came out about 1 year later than the CX-5 (my guess is during design phase, the CX-5 utilised the 6 and 3 components/design/architecture etc)

Yes SkyActiv is all new and Mazda owned.

They have used it in the 6 first then applied it to the CX-5 with a certain aspects of the 3 included well even though the 3 came out about 1 year later than the CX-5 (my guess is during design phase, the CX-5 utilised the 6 and 3 components/design/architecture etc)

Okay. [emoji1303]

Autoblog brought up an interesting idea. Mazda should Subaru Outback-ify the Mazda 6 wagon. GM is doing it with their Buick Regal TourX. Volvo does it to their wagons. Would this help save Mazda 6 sales?

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/03/06/mazda-cx-6-mazda6-wagon/

Mazda 6 wagon + 2.5 turbo + awd + raised ground clearance + Outback/regal TourX pricing (Top trims are 39k-41k)

Would you buy?

Cross posting this in both the CX-5 lounge and CX-9 lounge as I feel like this can be cross shopped between both cars.

I'd buy one! In general, I prefer wagons to SUVs. They typically are more aerodynamic and handle better. If it was based on the Mazda6 chassis and had the 2.5T, I'd sign on the dotted line.

Back