Would you buy? CX-6

:
95 Miata, 14 CX5 Touring FWD, 18 CX9 GT FWD
Autoblog brought up an interesting idea. Mazda should Subaru Outback-ify the Mazda 6 wagon. GM is doing it with their Buick Regal TourX. Volvo does it to their wagons. Would this help save Mazda 6 sales?

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/03/06/mazda-cx-6-mazda6-wagon/

Mazda 6 wagon + 2.5 turbo + awd + raised ground clearance + Outback/regal TourX pricing (Top trims are 39k-41k)

Would you buy?

Cross posting this in both the CX-5 lounge and CX-9 lounge as I feel like this can be cross shopped between both cars.

Would I buy? No. I find wagons ugly as sin.

But Mazda seems to have neglected the wagon folks in the US, so I am sure they'd love to see one! (thumb)

The new CX-X will be built at the new Alabama plant starting in a few years. I think you will find that vehicle fits the description you are looking for.

Autoblog brought up an interesting idea. Mazda should Subaru Outback-ify the Mazda 6 wagon. GM is doing it with their Buick Regal TourX. Volvo does it to their wagons. Would this help save Mazda 6 sales?

Mazda 6 wagon + 2.5 turbo + awd + raised ground clearance + Outback/regal TourX pricing (Top trims are 39k-41k)

Would you buy?

Cross posting this in both the CX-5 lounge and CX-9 lounge as I feel like this can be cross shopped between both cars.

If this was the only way to get a wagon here in North America WITH A MANUAL...in a heart beat.

I'd still prefer the 'normal' wagon but North Americans are evidently largely ignorant morons so I'll take what I can get.

Right now Mazda isn't really giving me an upgrade path to a larger vehicle from our Mazda 3 Sport with a manual. If this concept addressed that I'd buy it yesterday.

Last edited:
Won't happen as you guys (USA/Canada) are getting another SUV in a few years.

Would you buy?

Yes, I would buy. My ideal Mazda is the Mazda6 wagon with 2.2D and AWD, which they already sell elsewhere. And I prefer the height of the current wagon over a raised one. Nevertheless, if I couldn't get what I want, I would certainly settle for a raised 6 wagon with 2.5T.

All this will depend on the next generation 6... if overall sales are good enough to justify this type of vehicle being built.

Yes, I would buy. My ideal Mazda is the Mazda6 wagon with 2.2D and AWD, which they already sell elsewhere. And I prefer the height of the current wagon over a raised one. Nevertheless, if I couldn't get what I want, I would certainly settle for a raised 6 wagon with 2.5T.

With AWD, manual tranny in ALL trim levels and they can give us any of the diesel, a 2.5L version of the 'X' motor or a 2.5 T.

79af6b3bc5b23131ace1d835c402fa444ebd7cfc574c6b040665280337e74d7e.jpg

Doubt they would add manual tranny. Current 6 here has no manual and if it is an option in other countries, the uptake may not be that high.

Last edited:
Manual available in all 3 trim levels here in Canada.

That is good to know.

Over here around 200-250 are sold each month. So no value in having a manual

All this speak will depend on if the 2.5T update increases uptake for the 6.

If they do what is proposed above then excellent :D

That is good to know.

Over here around 200-250 are sold each month. So no value in having a manual

All this speak will depend on if the 2.5T update increases uptake for the 6.

If they do what is proposed above then excellent :D

Granted that's the 2017's (and no wagons available). No word yet on the refreshed 2018's and manual availability and by the sounds of it the 2.5T will only be available with the auto. *sigh*

Granted that's the 2017's (and no wagons available). No word yet on the refreshed 2018's and manual availability and by the sounds of it the 2.5T will only be available with the auto. *sigh*

Yes since it's all auto line up (at least here) for 2.5T CX-9

Manual available in all 3 trim levels here in Canada.

Hmmmm. In Canada, GS and GT have an automatic transmission with a "manual shift mode". Only the base model has a six speed manual. Honestly speaking, I drove manual for 28 years and I don't miss it. The MRCC is doing the hard work for me now.

The Mazda auto transmission is one of the good ones out there and for some people means they don't miss not having a manual

Hmmmm. In Canada, GS and GT have an automatic transmission with a "manual shift mode". Only the base model has a six speed manual. Honestly speaking, I drove manual for 28 years and I don't miss it. The MRCC is doing the hard work for me now.

We're talking about the 6, not the CX5. The 6 sedan has a manual available in all three trim levels (presently anyway).

https://www.mazda.ca/en/shopping-tools/build-price/#/BC/2017/MAZDA6

The Mazda auto transmission is one of the good ones out there and for some people means they don't miss not having a manual

I've driven the Mazda automatic (loaner) and while it is certainly a fine auto tranny and arguably better than most companies, it in no way replaces the joy or involvement from their fantastic stick shift.

Thankfully my wife feels the same. Unfortunately some doofus ran a stop sign and drove in to the side of her 6 month old 3 Sport GT. She's had a loaner Hyundai while it's being fixed and can't stop complaining about how god-awful and boring it is driving an automatic.

Back