SKYACTIV II with HCCI to debut within weeks

I like sticks.

Can't say the same for wagons. Growing up in Colorado, I associate wagons with crappy Subaru Outback (back when they were more wagon like) drivers.

There would be riots here if they took manuals away. I like my auto but the clutch and gearbox on a CX-5 are delightful. The clutch is light and the gear shift is like a hot knife through butter.

There would be riots here if they took manuals away. I like my auto but the clutch and gearbox on a CX-5 are delightful. The clutch is light and the gear shift is like a hot knife through butter.

Yeah, it's awesome that I can always get a car hire with a manual when I'm there. That's impossible here in the US and nearly impossible in Aus.

Probably said this before....

Hope when this announcement happens they actually advise power output figures since we already have any idea of the torque figure.

Glad there still some holdouts in the world. A toast to the Brits! (drinks)

Nice article, exciting stuff...2 things yes for matte black paint option, no for hood prop...pet peeve couldn't give a crap about pwr tailgate but give us some dang hood struts mazda!

Last edited:
Nice article, exciting stuff...2 things yes for matte black paint option, no for for hood prop...pet peeve couldn't give a crap about pwr tailgate but give us some dang hood struts mazda!

Forward your suggestions to Mazda HQ Japan (wink)

^Yes and I know added weight where you don't want it but I want those- any self respecting premium-ish car company should too;)

^Yes and I know added weight where you don't want it but I want those- any self respecting premium-ish car company should too;)

+1

Mazda is trying to go entry premium route similar to VW (high trim models) and needs to pick and choose its battles. VW has DCTs and hood struts.

Agree with you.

I agree too. I don't keep things clean under there and don't like to get my hands dirty just to look, or have to have two free hands.

On the plus side, I keep my cars a long time and those struts need to be replaced periodically.

Back