What have you done to your CX-5 today?

The parking sensors show up on the rear camera screen too but no headlight washers and no rear camera washer as you can see!

IMG_2821_zpsssibhuhb.jpg
Sorry I thought I saw the headlight washers⋯ So rear parking sensors incorporates with back-up camera on the same screen? That's nice! I remember I saw someone showed the infotainment screen with graph for front parking sensors too! Wish we can have these features here!

The front sensors come on automatically immediately after having reversed OR they can be manually operated from a button on the dash. When you drive off they go off at about 5mph or you can push the switch again.

What did I do for my CX-5 today? I stopped trying to compare it to the new CRV. It was so happy, its gas mileage improved and the radio picked up a new station!

Iamvkool are those decals still available?
I cleaned my front and back windows with rainx and 0000 steel wool. Wiped dry with paper towels followed by microfiber towel scrub.

Iamvkool are those decals still available?
I cleaned my front and back windows with rainx and 0000 steel wool. Wiped dry with paper towels followed by microfiber towel scrub.

Steel wool on your windows? (boom07)

I installed the Mazda Toolbox and updated my nav for the first time.

Kaps knows what he's doing. I know that 0000 steel wool is super fine, but I'm afraid of using it on my windows too. :)

I also need to try Mazda ToolBox updating my Nav card too. My Nav system has been broken for more than 6 months now and had tried every resetting ways to no avail. My laptop is too slow and I need to borrow my son's super-fast desktop to handle this long process I guess?

The front sensors come on automatically immediately after having reversed OR they can be manually operated from a button on the dash. When you drive off they go off at about 5mph or you can push the switch again.
Thanks for explanation on how they work of those parking sensors. Please post a picture of front parking sensor in action next time if you have a chance!

I really hope Mazda can treat US customers better by giving us a Luxury Package which includes all of those missing goodies available in other countries! Front / Rear Parking Sensors、Power Folding Outside Mirrors、One-Touch Up/Down Windows with Illuminated Switch、i-stop、i-ELOOP、Side View Camera、Rear SCBS、and even a glove compartment light and footwell courtesy lights to name a few! :)

0000 - very fine - it is good for all debris etc. on your windshield and does not scratch them. Having said that this morning when i started for work - looked like half the bird kingdom emptied themselves on my windshield - there was so much poop it took me 7 paper towels to take it out. Bah.

asset.php

0000 - very fine - it is good for all debris etc. on your windshield and does not scratch them. Having said that this morning when i started for work - looked like half the bird kingdom emptied themselves on my windshield - there was so much poop it took me 7 paper towels to take it out. Bah.

A word of caution - make sure you have rainx or any other cleaner well lubricating the steel wool and do not re use - it rusts after one use - the pack of 10 or so is 2 bucks, you can split in half and do your cars. Another word of caution - dont use it on the interior if you have window tint that will be obliterated. I did that on my totaled car lol.
Last night i could feel the grime causing friction - it just cuts through it well - but i spray 10-12 times per window and i clean once every month. Lots of dirt and my cars are in open always.

Kaps knows what he's doing. I know that 0000 steel wool is super fine, but I'm afraid of using it on my windows too. :)

I also need to try Mazda ToolBox updating my Nav card too. My Nav system has been broken for more than 6 months now and had tried every resetting ways to no avail. My laptop is too slow and I need to borrow my son's super-fast desktop to handle this long process I guess?

Wood working is a hobby of mine and I certainly am familiar with how fine 0000 steel wool is. Even so I wouldn't use it on my window glass. Take a piece of Plexiglas (or any clear plastic) and rub on it a bit with 0000 steel wool. Now hold it up to the light and see what's what. I know, I know, window glass is WAY tougher than plexy but it will scratch/haze eventually.

Installing and updating my nav card took around 20 mins or so on a reasonably fast desktop with a very fast connection. I wouldn't worry if your laptop isn't all that fast. Just leave yourself plenty of time and let it do it's thing.

Wood working is a hobby of mine and I certainly am familiar with how fine 0000 steel wool is. Even so I wouldn't use it on my window glass. Take a piece of Plexiglas (or any clear plastic) and rub on it a bit with 0000 steel wool. Now hold it up to the light and see what's what. I know, I know, window glass is WAY tougher than plexy but it will scratch/haze eventually.

Installing and updating my nav card took around 20 mins or so on a reasonably fast desktop with a very fast connection. I wouldn't worry if your laptop isn't all that fast. Just leave yourself plenty of time and let it do it's thing.

If i was a detailer - I would not use 0000, infact i would only use it in the end if my first wash could not remove gunk, but the fine steel wool is much less harder than the windshield and does not scratch when used correctly - also i ensure its very well lubricated. Its just much faster when you have a ton of gunk. In near future i will get stoners liquid with some easy to use pad to clean inside and out.

I finally checked the tire pressure - I've only had the car a month, with less than 1K on it - and you guys were right: the dealer really over-inflated the tires! Close to 50 psi in all tires! I checked it before racing off to work this morning, so only reduced to about 40 psi as I want to find a more accurate tire pressure gauge first, but wow! That seems a dangerous amount of over-inflation. It's supposed to be 34 psi all around, so I'll deflate a little more tonight or tomorrow morning when I can see better.

I've had good results using Magic Erasers on windows with some elbow grease. Strong enough to remove paint over spray from windows.

I finally checked the tire pressure - I've only had the car a month, with less than 1K on it - and you guys were right: the dealer really over-inflated the tires! Close to 50 psi in all tires! I checked it before racing off to work this morning, so only reduced to about 40 psi as I want to find a more accurate tire pressure gauge first, but wow! That seems a dangerous amount of over-inflation. It's supposed to be 34 psi all around, so I'll deflate a little more tonight or tomorrow morning when I can see better.

Quick question since RDK talks about tire pressure - do you recommend a portable tire air compressor - I know it cant fill tires from flat - it will be used to top us as necessary and to fill my Giant Escape 3. Seems to be about $40 - should pay for itself in gas savings.

I second the idea ofn a portable compressor(not inflator).For over 10 years I used a small 2 gallon, 100 PSI, 110 v. hot dog style compressor.Weighed about 20 lbs and took 3-3-1/2 minutes to fill.No problem topping off 17 " tires.It could do 4 tires if they are 3-4 psi down no problem unless you run high presssures.It could fill a completely flat 13" tire to about 32 psi (neighbors car).You can get them at harbor freight for about 40 bux on sale or other stores.Came in handy for other things around home where you want a tank of pressurized air where an inflator wouldn't work .Such as blowing out the inside of computer case ,dirt in cracks, etc.They generally come with tire inflator and blowgun attachments.Worth considering.My .02.

thanks Jmaz. I hope it does a little more than 4 tires top off 4 psi each - but then re charging it will cost next to nothing. I think it will pay for itself in few years on saved gas.
Will research brands etc.

38-40psi is a good pressure to maximise the balance between fuel economy, handling, comfort and tyre life. Ran those pressures in the 19" Toyo's on my previous CX5 GT for 90k kms and run the same on my new CX5 Akera (equivalent to US GT model plus all option packs + some stuff you dont get).

34-36 is too low. Will compromise fuel economy and tyre life. Cushy ride, though!

If i am towing my boat (1200kgs) for significant distances rather than just a few km to the local boat ramp, I put the tyres up to 42-44psi.

Get yourself a good quality digital tyre gauge from Kingchrome or similar, and then only use it. Gas station gauges are notoriously unreliable.

https://www.kincrome.com.au/digital-tyre-gauge-back-lit

You must have got great gas mileage with 50 psi in your tires! :)

Although the manual says 34 psi for your 225/65R17 tires, but general consensus here seems all agree that we should put 2 more psi (36 psi for your 17" tires) than factory specs for even tire wear and better handling.

And you should also flex your muscle taking you spare tire out and make sure it's inflated at 60 psi! I bet it only has 40~45 psi if you'd never checked before!

@Kaps, yes in the onlineshop the mazda 247 decals are available in different style, size and color. The decal of the shape of the car, matt gold is not included.

Have a nice one- 101;-)!

Last edited:
Yes, the dealer screwed up during the PDI, but not by over-inflating the tires. They didn't lower the pressures from the factory set 50 psi used to prevent flat-spotting on the journey across the pond!

Back