cabin air vents

bazooka joe

No words
Contributor
:
92 & 16 Meyatas
anyone else wonder why you can't shut off the air coming in thru the vents completely? doesn't bother me too much but the wife can't stand it and thinks something is wrong with it

Decades ago, in the early days of heavy-handed government regulation of the auto industry, there was a federal regulation that said there must always be a minimal amount of cabin air venting. I think that rule is probably still in effect.

Switch the air mode to RECYCLE, and the Fan OFF. There should be no more air coming from the vents...

You must have your settings wrong. Push the button that has the air recycling then turn your fan to '0'. You shouldn't have any air at all coming in.

And anyone else have a problem that even if the vent mode is "blowing at person", there is air coming through the leg vents for the front driver and passenger? I've noticed it on mine a while ago especially when AC is on.. legs are freezing even when the selector is on "person" and not "person + leg or leg"... Might be only my car?

And anyone else have a problem that even if the vent mode is "blowing at person", there is air coming through the leg vents for the front driver and passenger? I've noticed it on mine a while ago especially when AC is on.. legs are freezing even when the selector is on "person" and not "person + leg or leg"... Might be only my car?

Definitely not typical. Have the dealer investigate.

Switch the air mode to RECYCLE, and the Fan OFF. There should be no more air coming from the vents...
Yup, that did it! On another note I can't help but be amazed at the breath of mazdas you've owned over the years! Any regrets???

Every year or so my wife compline's that our vehicles AC is working poorly. I now know the first thing to check is if a rear window is open. Same level of, O-well, what's the use. :))

Yup, that did it! On another note I can't help but be amazed at the breath of mazdas you've owned over the years! Any regrets???

Great! Glad it helped..

LOL...yes... and there are still a few that I wish I could have owned.

And if I won the lotto, I would make it my life's work to seek out every RX7 that had a V8 transplant, and correct the error.

Back