Rear End Link Length for Protege5

Hackinator

:
Mazda Protege5
I have been looking for replacement rear stabilizer bar end links for my 2002 Protege5. I measures them and they come out to 6.25" or around 160mm stud to stud. They are original equipment and have never been replaced. I have been searching online for a replacement end link that is the same length. All I am finding are lengths anywhere from 7.25" to 8.5." Now I understand the P5 and some other Protege trims have the "Sport Suspension" and the MP3 and MSP have a different rear suspension that takes a longer end link.

Has anyone found an aftermarket end link that measures 160mm from stud to stud that is a direct replacement for the OEM part? Are some manufacturers not measuring stud to stud and instead measuring from end to end? This is just driving me nuts and I seriously appreciate any help that can be given. I have found these but have no idea if they are actually decent: https://www.ebay.com (commissions earned)

Pretty much does anyone have a part number or have ordered something from online that is the 159-160mm stud to stud to replace original end links. I'd like to keep my rear sway part horizontal and not have end links hitting the control arm.

Thank you for the information, meGrimlock. Now, can anyone attest to the quality of these links with grease zerks and non sealing boots?

bad thing is I just changed all of the strut mounts too - but I may have forgotten to put on a tower washer here and there . . .

after replacing my rear links, the suspension noises stayed the same. but the rear tires didn't squeel as much in the corners.

over time it started making some other noises. I went under to take a look: I had replaced the rubber anti-sway bar bushings with polyurethane bushings, and although the bushings were not the source of the noise, I found the little collars on either side of the bushing were torn up. I didn't have new collars to replace it, I assume you could find universal collars somewhere. I just took them off, wiped any grease off, reinstalled them as best I could. that solved that noise for now but the collars will probably have to be replaced soon.

rubber anti-sway bar bushings also need silicone grease, dielectric grease is a cheap alternative. that might quiet any creaks you have in the rear.

I use the 68s with mine. Lowered eibachs and progress rear bar. Keeps it horizontal. Had to switch the upper zerks to 90* ones to keep them from hitting the body.

Back