Been a while but...

metalfab

:
2014 Ford Edge AWD LTD
The last 3 months have been, let's say, insane.

I had a 5 for about a year, during the early months I had a love/hate for the car. Even though 2 weeks of camping gear with 2 adults and 2 kids worked it was very tight. A few months after the 2 week road trip we decided to sell the 5. In Oct 2013 we traded for a RAM 1500 and there the nightmare began. The Carter Dodge dealership was incompetent and I jumped in too fast so I was to blame as well. I tried to get the 5 back with a loss but the dealership sold it "all of a sudden". There is much more to tell but I could almost write a short story.

The last month I have been looking for used 5 or CX-7s. However, because of the financing balance from the 5 and now the RAM the blended negative equity ruled out a used car. Then something unexpected: a 2014 CX-5 GT AWD fully loaded with Tech package. All in all it will be cheaper by $100/m than what we are paying now. I pick it up on Tuesday, can't wait!

Last edited:
I think the 5 is pretty neat overall, and a kind of underrated vehicle. Sorry it didn't work out.
Glad you made the switch to the CX-5, though. Definitely an all around better family vehicle.

Wow, sounds like a very expensive churning of autos, CX-5/Ram/CX-5, I hope this one works out despite a earlier "love/hate for the car".

I have both the 5 and CX5, both great vehicles with pros and cons that are unique each. I really like the 5 though; it’s definitely under appreciated by the average buyer.

That's what I thought too! But he had a 5 before..this will be his first CX-5. :)

You are right, it's a 5/Ram/CX-5 scenario in a short period of time. I hope the CX-5 has enough room inside for family road trips.

I appreciated the 5 much more after the Dodge(y) dealership experience. I had a 03 MPV for almost 10 years, a 5 for 1 year and a RAM for 3 months: in those 3 months it was a constant battle to get answers and/or communication in the first place. During that time I also tried to get my 5 back, even willing to lose a few thousand to do so. They had my money, they didn't care. I should have never let myself get the RAM 1500 and learned the hard way. What is done, is done, time to move on.

I'm going into Mazda in about 1 hour to sign the deal and drive home happy. Raining right now so photos will have to wait. ;-)

Looking forward to pics. Best of luck, a loaded 2014 GT should be fun.

I have both the 5 and CX5, both great vehicles with pros and cons that are unique each. I really like the 5 though; it’s definitely under appreciated by the average buyer.

I second this (the 5 part).

Here is a quick photo I took yesterday, the rain stopped but its at it again today.

Yes, it turned Crystal White, it was to be red but the dealer made an error on the model they had. No big deal, I actually prefer it. Scratches won't show as much ;-)

2014 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/tech package

original.jpg

Here is a quick photo I took yesterday, the rain stopped but its at it again today.

Yes, it turned Crystal White, it was to be red but the dealer made an error on the model they had. No big deal, I actually prefer it. Scratches won't show as much ;-)

2014 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/tech package

(yippy) Do you have the black leather?

Congrats on your beautiful CX-5!! May you have many miles of smiles!!

original.jpg

Back