Protege5: Harder, not Smarter!

its more than just polishing. and he is going to clear it when done. And I believe he will be changing the geometry in the bottom end to help with the boom thing.

Hopefully putting rods in it that can handle more than half a psi of boost...

yup, and different size to reduce speed and dwell time (along with a different crank to boot). Don't remember hearing about grabbing the piston higher, but that helps this over square bs block too.

yup, and different size to reduce speed and dwell time (along with a different crank to boot). Don't remember hearing about grabbing the piston higher, but that helps this over square bs block too.

grabbing the piston higher?

What rods are you going to be using Tamn?

grabbing the piston higher?

What rods are you going to be using Tamn?

Stock size, forged aluminum built modeling stock specs exactly. I want the lower rod ratio for the torque and better port filling, as well as keeping weight down. I see no reason too mess with the crank/rods apart from lightening both. Sure people will argue that longer ratio is better, and all else being equal sure it is, but longer rods also have a host of other factors too consider.

Had an interesting experience with my buffing wheel one late night. It caught fire and started hurling fireballs all over the garage...sweet.

Trying too show how rough the ports are from the factory, sorry my camera doesn't take very good close ups.

Selfy!

Finished removing the rear suspension and subframe.

Welded in some bracing and....

Chopped the front off.

Interesting.

cat-interesting.jpg

Marking out end plates.

Tacking them on with some terrible welding.

Carried the frame outside...

Cut out the rear fenders/struts...approx 31 pounds each side for anyone curious.

GIRLS! You're both pretty. Take it to PMs, or fisticuffs IRL, I don't really care. Stop shitting up the thread.

Back